The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
And for aero parts, it's as the customization is all about "thousands" of generic rear wings.

It's such a shame, too.

Gran Turismo has been become such a paradox for me. The closer it tries to get to reality, the less it feels like a game. Bring the fun back! I just want to put a damn stripe on a car of my choice.

I feel GT6 is just a huge GT5 DLC. It made sense with GT4 in the offline era. Not now. Not when its going to be released about the same time as PS4. Its a horrible cash cow. If there are standards I am skipping this one, as I actually did with GT5 (never bought it, it was insulting to me as a customer that they port 80% of the cars from PS2 to this "glorious" next-gen game).

GT 5.5? I hope not.

Lets face facts. PS3 is an obselete piece of kit.
1 3.2GHZ Power 5 CPU and 6SPUs that are non independent. All instructions are fed through the Power 5 core.
It has a crap (by2013s standard) GPU, an Nvidia 7800GTX GPU and split memory pools of 256MB XDR@3.2ghz and 256MB DDR3.

None of that was the problem with GT5. GT6 sounds like it will be Forza 4 for PS3. It might actually be better than Forza 4. If you're looking for an improvement over GT5, I think you'll be satisfied.

If you're looking for the ultimate simulator, as I am, then you might be disappointed. That is where the PS3 becomes a glaring problem. The physics are going to be handicapped no matter how good they are. I can see them being 1000 times better than GT5, but they could have been 10000 or even more. I'll just wait for the next one.

I feel GT6 is just a huge GT5 DLC. It made sense with GT4 in the offline era. Not now. Not when its going to be released about the same time as PS4. Its a horrible cash cow. If there are standards I am skipping this one, as I actually did with GT5 (never bought it, it was insulting to me as a customer that they port 80% of the cars from PS2 to this "glorious" next-gen game).

A new game still makes sense even now. Yes, PD could change the whole game with updates, but then two problems arise. Those that like GT5 as is lose their game. Secondly, the updates will be massive. DLC has its limits.

I'm expecting an improvement on engine sound in GT6. I really hope the Sauber C9 and the Toyota GTone won't sound like a hair dryer as it does in GT5.

So what are we working with.

800 standards lol.
400 premiums (maybe 40 skylines? and perhaps they'll be kind enough to make the Veyron premium this time)

Forza 4 has about 600 "premium" cars folks...and it came out almost 2 years ago

Forza 4 has 26 tracks...compared to the 33 in GT6...and again...it was out almost 2 years ago.

If PD is going to give us a puny amount of content when compared to their nearest competitor, at least release the game on a half way decent time table. Its not worth waiting 3-4 years for this. GT6 should have been released last November. I have seen or heard nothing that makes this game worth the wait.

PS4 GT6 a possibility down the road? After they've raked in the cash from GT5 on PS3 they want to throw some scraps to PS4 owners? How humiliating. You can keep the standard to PS3. Thanks, but no thanks.

Thier DLC playbook is paper thin, easy to see through. Release a tiny amount of tracks on the disc, pretend your working on new tracks, only to release those at DLC down the line to rake in more cahs

PD catch up game. Finally they're working with tire manufacturers. Turn 10 did that how many years ago?

Livery Editor: Anything extensive like Forza is unlikely. Look for "team colors" and a number plate editor.

Track creator: Still "generates" tracks. Does Hermann Tilke "generate" tracks using computer software when he designs one? If I cant make an oval, its not a track creator.

And lol at the cars they used in the trailer. Ugly, unknown, openwheel car, a Countach, and some rally car.

Where is Koenigsegg? A Ferrari F50? McLaren P1? Or any car that can raise someone's pulse?

Also a brilliant move not to unveil this at E3. Show it now so it wont look like utter crap alongside next gen racers.

I feel GT6 is just a huge GT5 DLC. It made sense with GT4 in the offline era. Not now. Not when its going to be released about the same time as PS4.

You guys are skipping the part where KY said: "new physics and graphic models" That's something you can't put into a DLC.

And some rally car? Are you being serious Earth?

And I think you'll find that there's plenty of people who's pulse get raised by the cars in the trailer.

New game engine, and a remodeled suspension/physics engine as well. On top of that, the implementation of tessellation technology. Also a revamped course maker amongst the addition of thousands of aero parts. Like said above me, this would be one heck of an update.

Last and most important, how much do you think 60 plus cars and 7 tracks will cost as DLC? It could easily be more than $60, so if you're talking about cash cow, Sony would go the DLC route. I thank PD and Sony for not going the DLC route and instead package all these stuff in one attractive $60 package.

You guys are skipping the part where KY said: "new physics and graphic models" That's something you can't put into a DLC.

They have been tinkering with the physics endlessly via updates. Graphics too come to think of it.

I'll probably end up getting the game. GT6 will probably see a lot of updates to keeps it frest like GT5. GT5 is much better than it was at launch. Everyone knows that.

Something to whine about: No real news on performance upgrading the cars. It looks like we (except for Zuel) will be stage 3-ing everything and power limiting cars down again. Hopefully, E3 will clear some of that up.

Last and most important, how much do you think 60 plus cars and 7 tracks will cost as DLC?
As much as GT5 Prologue, that's about the same amount of content.
There are likely going to be less than 7 new tracks in my opinon, though.

I didnt miss that. I know it matters, but it doesn't change my point (and graphics look the same so far). Especially standards are a no-go for me IF they are still there, no matter how much improved, unless converted.

As much as GT5 Prologue, that's about the same amount of content.
There are likely going to be less than 7 new tracks in my opinon, though.

True. I was going by the $1 per car and $4-$5 per track DLC charge though.

And please, don't remind me about the tracks. It's the only thing that's bothering me right now.

I agree with some of y'all, but at the same time if they give us a proper Career Mode and the standard/premium thing is resolved I'd actually be happy with this.

Other fixes as well as long as the little things are barely noticeable GT6 will restore the image of the franchise a little.

No, that's what an update does. Just like the spec 2 update does. We're looking at the law of diminishing returns. More content doesn't change the game.

The car "customization" that allows for more personalization, as they put it, could be a game changer if it allows what the modding allowed. I think the track maker is fine for people who play offline, but learning new tracks is time consuming enough that it still won't be featured much online.

I don't know how much use the GPS function will have.

I love how KY presented the new wheels and then said:

"In GT5, the selection of wheels was very limited. But in GT6, we are going to remove all those limits and make it so that you can have whatever wheel you like. So everyone will really have the freedom to customize their cars to look however they want to."

Then he proceeds swiftly to tracks lol. As if wheels are the central point of customizing our cars... :crazy:

I really doubt a livery editor will be in GT6.

And for aero parts, it's as if the customization is all about "thousands" of generic rear wings.

*Sigh* Like Kaz said himself, there'll be more info at E3 2013, Gamescom and TGS 2013. These are just short information we've been given so far... -_-

A livery editor (mentioned specifically, with those words) was the one glaring omission I saw today. It needs to be there, almost doubly so with the epic amount of wheels we potentially have available to us (and the hint that finally, finally, tire width can be changed).

I only have a few complaints I guess about GT6 so far, one of them of it not being on PS4 and being on PS3 instead. As for the info on the standard cars and engine sounds; I'm not going to be worried on those or the other stuff that wasn't mentioned until E3. That's where I think Kaz will say ever other detail on what's going to be featured in GT6.

I do hope that PD is more consistent with their DLC this time around though.

So what are we working with.

400 premiums (maybe 40 skylines? and perhaps they'll be kind enough to make the Veyron premium this time)

You're just over generalizing, we'll have all the ones already in GT5 plus 1 or 2, at most.

Forza 4 has about 600 "premium" cars folks...and it came out almost 2 years ago

Which pale in comparison to GT's.

If PD is going to give us a puny amount of content when compared to their nearest competitor, at least release the game on a half way decent time table. Its not worth waiting 3-4 years for this. GT6 should have been released last November. I have seen or heard nothing that makes this game worth the wait.

Holiday 2013, not 2017.

PS4 GT6 a possibility down the road? After they've raked in the cash from GT5 on PS3 they want to throw some scraps to PS4 owners? How humiliating. You can keep the standard to PS3. Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm doubtful there will be a PS4 release, but if there will be, there's going to be some upgrades.

Their DLC playbook is paper thin, easy to see through. Release a tiny amount of tracks on the disc, pretend your working on new tracks, only to release those at DLC down the line to rake in more cash.

How do you know they already finished the tracks? JUST PD knows.

PD catch up game. Finally they're working with tire manufacturers. Turn 10 did that how many years ago?

2 years ago it was known, shortly after GT5 was released, PD probably started to work with Yokohama shortly after but they just announced it.

Livery Editor: Anything extensive like Forza is unlikely. Look for "team colors" and a number plate editor.

WE DON'T KNOW.

Track creator: Still "generates" tracks. Does Hermann Tilke "generate" tracks using computer software when he designs one? If I cant make an oval, its not a track creator.

You can make an oval right now in GT5, and if I understand correctly, with this GPS thing you'll be able to "draw" your own course.

And lol at the cars they used in the trailer. Ugly, unknown, openwheel car, a Countach, and some rally car.

Where is Koenigsegg? A Ferrari F50? McLaren P1? Or any car that can raise someone's pulse?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people get more excited by the cars in the trailer than the ones mentioned, apart .. it not just "some" rally car.

Also a brilliant move not to unveil this at E3. Show it now so it wont look like utter crap alongside next gen racers.
Yeah, whatevs. :rolleyes:

they have to make open tops to be...open :dunce:

and if it's ok, i'd like to put the helmet off and choose some hair length/color, sunglasses and some magnum PI shirt 💡

So gt6 is mostly gt5 with all that dlc we haven't been seeing. And more open to more additions. Maybe some form of structured online play instead of the wild west that is GT5 online. And updated-and-able physics engine. I mean I'm gonna buy it, but I'm not sure why they're making it aside from money. PS4 I'd understand at least for the jump to a new console, but I'm guessing that would take too much time to develop and the graphical jump wouldn't be all that much yet. #notimpressed

Imagine bitching about a title not even released yet, and none of us commoners have played it either. Embrace the unknown!

OR;

Take your $60 bones, buy a 40 of Jacks, and drown you're sorrows while playing dirt showdown. Sheesh.

I didnt miss that. I know it matters, but it doesn't change my point (and graphics look the same so far).

They have been tinkering with the physics endlessly via updates. Graphics too come to think of it.

BKUjkIsCUAAKnat.jpg:large

In X number of GT5 updates, I never saw shadows so smooth.

No, that's what an update does. Just like the spec 2 update does. We're looking at the law of diminishing returns. More content doesn't change the game.

Except that it's still the same engine, just slightly more refined.

BKUjkIsCUAAKnat.jpg:large

In X number of GT5 updates, I never saw shadows so smooth.

Except that it's still the same engine, just slightly more refined.

Nice to see the recycled HUD ... yet again. Yep. No updates to the HUD at all. Still we probably will only get the distance to the leader, instead of how far the guy directly in front or behind you is. Polyphony Digital. Hey, they are a green company! They are a worldwide leader in recycling!

Which pale in comparison to GT's.

500,000 polygons - GT5 Photo Travel cars

1,000,000~ polygons - Forza 4 Auto Vista cars

I'm pretty sure a lot of people get more excited by the cars in the trailer than the ones mentioned, apart .. it not just "some" rally car.

Sorry Im not a purist that gets excited after seeing a Alpine whatever.

Polyphony Digital has missed the boat. It has set sail long ago. They have not learned their lesson. They are far too arrogant for that. Bad sound? No they dont have bad sound you just have bad ears. Their sound is too realistic.

Boring car list? No your just a Need For Speed junkie who cant appreciate the subtle beauty of an econo box. Too many imports? Its a Japanese game. Nevermind Turn 10 is American but their car list isnt 65% domestic.

Standard cars? Pretty much confirms awful crash damage again. Its also a lame, LAME way to cover up their pathetic number of "premium" models. Cant release a game with 400 premiums when an old Forza game has 600 cars with twice the polygons.

Time has run out. Gran Turismo may have just jumped the shark with this nonsense. Oh how I long for the days when games like Super Mario 64 were launch titles. When it wasnt all about bowing down to the mighty dollar. The days when it was about pushing the limits, and earning sales and money from tearing down seemingly impassable barriers with new ways to play and enjoy games.

This new games generation will be about as watered down as it gets. Call of Duty has set the precedent, and all others are following into their footsteps. The problem is, this trail, while comfy, also leads directly off a cliff. The crash of the game industry due to quick cash being put ahead of innovation and advancement in entertainment.

Imagine bitching about a title not even released yet, and none of us commoners have played it either. Embrace the unknown!

OR;

Take your $60 bones, buy a 40 of Jacks, and drown you're sorrows while playing dirt showdown. Sheesh.

As I've written on a different thread, they're already cheating on the car/track count and still adding "duplicated cars" again (new Premium Alpine A110 '68 vs. the '73 Standard model which is virtually identical), and on top of this and other things they've already announced EA/Turn-10 style regular paid DLC. It's like they're doing the worst they can to make people's expectations drop rock bottom, but to be honest I doubt their management is that competent.

Do you watch your tyres deform or watch the road when you are racing?

Do you even understand how tyres work?

It has nothing to do with watching your tyres and everything to do with a solid tyre model (which GT needs badly).

Sucks that it only took a few hours for the hope to be dashed :(

So far, the customization is a bunch of wings and wheels, which is crappy. Wings have questionable usefulness so they're just eye candy. Wheels with varying widths is better.

I'm still hoping that there is more to it.

Latest Posts

Back