The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Im pissed they didnt add the LFA Nurb Package, and at least 1 SEAT LEON CUPRA. That SEAT Ibiza has been there since GT4. I mean the LFA Nurb is not too disimilar to the LFA '10. Come on man...:(

What about all the RUFs not present in GT - feel very very shafted right now
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Porsche or RUF,it does dissapoint me that they're not adding more, you would think since they don't have the license to Porsche that they would do everything in there power to have every RUF in the game, but once again we are getting the middle finger from PD

Have they even released pictures of what standard cars will look like?

ifim.jpg

Yeah, why bother including one of the most requested cars in the game (since GT4?) when you can spend all that time and resources on...a Lunar rover.
No idea it doesn't make sense to me as well. PD does what PD does.

Yeah, why bother including one of the most requested cars in the game (since GT4?) when you can spend all that time and resources on...a Lunar rover.

:sly:

Because a lunar rover is more cool than an old Bimmer. Why spend so much time on an E30 when you can do it on something more cool.

It's that reason alone.

Last edited:

Because a lunar rover is more cool than an old Bimmer. Why spend so much time on an E30 when you can do it on something more cool.

It's that reason alone.
scratchinghead_zps01dd7fe7.gif

I'm going to second what Imari said and leave it at that.

Today's newest trend for elitist snob fans of GT:
  • Complaining the BMW E30 was not modeled (includes threatening to not buy it)
Really invalid point for this one.
I'm a bit of an inverse case, if they included the E30 that would go a long way toward convincing me to buy a PS3 and GT6. I sometimes go out of my way to buy games with that car. :D

What's don't you understand about its appeal?

I'm pretty happy with all we know on GT6 so far. Although, with the premium 67 El Camino, 70 Nova SS, and the now the 67 SEMA Nova, i'll be a bit choked if the 70 Chevelle 454 stays as a "standard". Only because thats my dream car. I have nothing else to complain about, i'm damn happy with all the new cars!

I'm a bit of an inverse case, if they included the E30 that would go a long way toward convincing me to buy a PS3 and GT6. I sometimes go out of my way to buy games with that car. :D

What's don't you understand about its appeal?

it's just an e30 what more makes it special

GT has really fallen off the rails. They don't seem to care about what we gamers actually want, they just do what THEY think is best. They still haven't included so many classic iconic cars such as the E30 bmw like people have mentioned yet Forza has all of those classics and all of the new exciting supercars. Customization is still rubbish we still can't even change the wheel size FFS! There priorities are so messed up it's not funny, imagine how much time they spent making the new night sky system.... and that moon buggy....

And now they are completely missing the boat by launching GT6 just as the next gen consoles arrive, given how slow they are with developing we probably won't see GT7 until 2015 :lol:

Forza 5 looks so awesome but unfortunately I can't justify buying an xbone just for one game, but the xbox fanboys are in for a real treat I think. I always thought that Forza was crap because it wasn't as realistic as GT but now that I use iRacing I see that both GT and Forza are not even close to simulators so what does GT have over Forza anymore?

it's just an e30 what more makes it special

It's very, very different to an ordinary E30.

It's fairly routinely considered one of the best drivers cars ever made. It's the first of the M3s, which have been hugely popular and influential. It's kind of rare to find one that hasn't been thrashed into the ground these days, and they're getting pretty old even if they have been looked after.

They were also popular and successful as race cars at the time they were made. It was designed as a race car, the road cars were only produced for homologation.

It's a car that's historically important to how the car markets of today evolved, the forerunner of an exceptionally popular brand line, one of the best cars ever to be made, a successful car in a number of racing disciplines and is growing rarer by the day.

It's a perfect example of a car that would be ideal for inclusion in a "car encyclopaedia". It's also just a really good car for people to drive, and people who don't know tend to overlook it because looks-wise if you don't know what the bodykit and other details represent then it's easy to mistake it for just another BMW. It's a bit of a sleeper, and it'd be great for more people to know about it.

Somebody correct me if any of this is wrong. I know a bit about them, but not heaps.

No need to call people elitist snob fans for wanting a specific kind of car that honestly means a lot to a whole lot of people. People have the right to complain about it. I don't need it so much (sorry guys, I'm not an Audi/BMW/Mercedes kind of guy, except for those high end Mercedesses), but others do. Wether it's invalid is up to no one to say. Besides, this is the epic whining and crying thread, so if there's a place for that, it's here.

GT has really fallen off the rails. They don't seem to care about what we gamers actually want, they just do what THEY think is best. They still haven't included so many classic iconic cars such as the E30 bmw like people have mentioned yet Forza has all of those classics and all of the new exciting supercars. Customization is still rubbish we still can't even change the wheel size FFS! There priorities are so messed up it's not funny, imagine how much time they spent making the new night sky system.... and that moon buggy....

And now they are completely missing the boat by launching GT6 just as the next gen consoles arrive, given how slow they are with developing we probably won't see GT7 until 2015 :lol:

Forza 5 looks so awesome but unfortunately I can't justify buying an xbone just for one game, but the xbox fanboys are in for a real treat I think. I always thought that Forza was crap because it wasn't as realistic as GT but now that I use iRacing I see that both GT and Forza are not even close to simulators so what does GT have over Forza anymore?

And what do WE gamers actually want? Not my intention to sound mean, but I think this sentiment has been thrown around a lot lately. I for one love the new car list, whilst being able to see that some others have problems with it.

I see hints of them preparing for something much bigger for GT7, signs that point towards a grander whole. Perhaps I'm completely wrong, but that's how both GT5 and now 6 come across for me. Building towards something epic. Don't take my word for gospel though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kaz knows this whole e30 fad will pass sooner than later and he'd rather not waste time with it.

It's very, very different to an ordinary E30.

It's fairly routinely considered one of the best drivers cars ever made. It's the first of the M3s, which have been hugely popular and influential. It's kind of rare to find one that hasn't been thrashed into the ground these days, and they're getting pretty old even if they have been looked after.

They were also popular and successful as race cars at the time they were made. It was designed as a race car, the road cars were only produced for homologation.

It's a car that's historically important to how the car markets of today evolved, the forerunner of an exceptionally popular brand line, one of the best cars ever to be made, a successful car in a number of racing disciplines and is growing rarer by the day.

It's a perfect example of a car that would be ideal for inclusion in a "car encyclopaedia". It's also just a really good car for people to drive, and people who don't know tend to overlook it because looks-wise if you don't know what the bodykit and other details represent then it's easy to mistake it for just another BMW. It's a bit of a sleeper, and it'd be great for more people to know about it.

Somebody correct me if any of this is wrong. I know a bit about them, but not heaps.
I would second all of this.

My brother used to have the 318is (slightly sportier model with the 16v head I believe). Similar level of perfmance to a 325.
http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/318iS

Still wasn't a powerhouse, but I clearly remember him to this day managing to spin the thing 360 degrees on a motorway slip road (on ramp) on a damp road, giving it only a 'reasonable' amount of beans. A driver's car, yes, but definitely without all the safety nets of the modern day 3 series...would have been nice to see it power sliding in GT6.

This is getting ridiculous. I don't believe people will not buy it just because the E30 is missing. Fanboys really try their best to ignore valid complaints such as sound, AI and a career mode thats still stuck in the 90s. It's still a game that tries to sell you a fantasy. The fantasy of you driving a car to it's limits on a racetrack. I would still buy the game with all the PS2 era cars and missing alot of my favourite cars if PD could atleast get the sounds and AI right.

Back