The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
I would second all of this.

My brother used to have the 318is (slightly sportier model with the 16v head I believe). Similar level of perfmance to a 325.
http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/318iS

Still wasn't a powerhouse, but I clearly remember him to this day managing to spin the thing 360 degrees on a motorway slip road (on ramp) on a damp road, giving it only a 'reasonable' amount of beans. A driver's car, yes, but definitely without all the safety nets of the modern day 3 series...would have been nice to see it power sliding in GT6.

I think I kept up with a 318i once in my van.. the one with 1.6 litre engine!

I really don't understand how people could derive pleasure from moaning about a game as much as a lot of people on this thread do. I've been looking at comments on here for about three minutes and I'm already upset. Complaints about specific, individual cars that weren't added to the game baffle me most of all. I guess it's my fault for venturing onto this thread though.

I really don't understand how people could derive pleasure from moaning about a game as much as a lot of people on this thread do. I've been looking at comments on here for about three minutes and I'm already upset. Complaints about specific, individual cars that weren't added to the game baffle me most of all. I guess it's my fault for venturing onto this thread though.

You've actually read the posts in these forums, right? What exactly did you expect upon entering the
"The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread?"

The way I see it is this. If PD is going to add cars or features that that completely baffle people, then this is the logical outcome.

If computer games are starting to be considered an art form, the GT series certainly qualifies.

Keep this in mind when insulting and making trivial demands towards artists.

Remember when you were a kid, and you drew that awesome picture of your dog. Then your brother tells you it is really bad drawing. He suggests it would be a better drawing if you drew a cat, because he likes cats better.

Drawing lost it's innocence that day

If computer games are starting to be considered an art form, the GT series certainly qualifies.

Keep this in mind when insulting and making trivial demands towards artists.

Remember when you were a kid, and you drew that awesome picture of your dog. Then your brother tells you it is really bad drawing. He suggests it would be a better drawing if you drew a cat, because he likes cats better.

Drawing lost it's innocence that day

For the weak, yes. Others pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, worked hard, and became true artists. Not everyone folds like cheap tent in a rainstorm. If they do, then artist is not their calling.

You've actually read the posts in these forums, right? What exactly did you expect upon entering the
"The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread?"

The way I see it is this. If PD is going to add cars or features that that completely baffle people, then this is the logical outcome.
To be fair he was doing just that, whining and crying :sly:

Wow another poster making it sound like the biggest problem with this is not including "individual cars". Lets just ignore all the other problems in the series:tup:

Theres the Goodwood Hill Climb. I don't care for my own post but, thats how its like. One big Goodwood Festival of cars.

You need to go check out the Goodwood "hill climb." I don't think it's exactly what you're thinking of.

EDIT: Okay, I'll spoil it for you. It's 1.16 miles long with 9 turns! I mean come on, even look at the layout, it's boring.

Now Pikes Peak, that's a hill climb and a challenge! 12.42 miles with 156 turns.

Last edited:
Wow another poster making it sound like the biggest problem with this is not including "individual cars". Lets just ignore all the other problems in the series:tup:
It also strikes me that, not only PD seems blind to the negative feedback from this forum, but they do not seem to notice it in game reviews neither. IGN and many others have complained about the AI, dated engine sounds, inclusion of PS2 era models and the boring event mode as much as we do.

You would think a game developer would read those reviews and learn from the feedback in order for their next game to be received by the press as the best there is, but PD never seem to bother...

If all these factors show no improvement over GT5, i'm expecting many gamemagazines are gonna score GT6 less than 90%, they have to really as the great lighting and physics model is only part of the game experience (altough i do agree it makes up for a lot of the flaws :) ).

I merely said that that was the most confusing form of criticism. I can honestly say that I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just surprised that people can point out flaws in the series, whilst maintaining a strong interest in/passion for it.

For the weak, yes. Others pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, worked hard, and became true artists. Not everyone folds like cheap tent in a rainstorm. If they do, then artist is not their calling.

And how are you qualified to lecture anybody about art? "true artists", "artist is not their calling", who put you in charge?

And if Kaz and PD really are folding like a cheap tent in a rainstorm then why are you here, complaining and imploring them to sort GT out?

Last edited:
It also strikes me that, not only PD seems blind to the negative feedback from this forum, but they do not seem to notice it in game reviews neither. IGN and many others have complained about the AI, dated engine sounds, inclusion of PS2 era models and the boring event mode as much as we do.

You would think a game developer would read those reviews and learn from the feedback in order for their next game to be received by the press as the best there is, but PD never seem to bother...

If all these factors show no improvement over GT5, i'm expecting many gamemagazines are gonna score GT6 less than 90%, they have to really as the great lighting and physics model is only part of the game experience (altough i do agree it makes up for a lot of the flaws :) ).

The only feedback PD really responds to is the bank account. As long as the money keeps rolling in and the units keep rolling out, they will convince themselves the critics are wrong and they are on the right track. It's just business and the measure of success is usually the size of your wallet. Sometimes Kaz's vision coincides with what we want and then we get it, most of the time he follows his own path and to date, the bank account says that AI, engine sounds and the other myriad of complaints don't matter. Pretty graphics, oddball cars and novelty features seem to make the game sell and so that's what they continue to do.

I merely said that that was the most confusing form of criticism. I can honestly say that I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just surprised that people can point out flaws in the series, whilst maintaining a strong interest in/passion for it.

And how are you qualified to lecture anybody about art? "true artists", "artist is not their calling", who put you in charge?

And if Kaz and PD really are folding like a cheap tent in a rainstorm then why are you here, complaining and imploring them to sort GT out?

Why would it be surprising that one can see the imperfections in something and yet still be passionate about it? That's life man, that's how the world works. Life isn't black and white and most of the stuff we love and are passionate about are far from perfect.

And if you think I'm lecturing about art, you missed the point. It's a lecture about life, I daresay most successful people bear down in the face of criticsm and work harder. If you wilt under the glare of the spotlight, whether you're an artist or game designer, you're in the wrong business.

The only feedback PD really responds to is the bank account. As long as the money keeps rolling in and the units keep rolling out, they will convince themselves the critics are wrong and they are on the right track. It's just business and the measure of success is usually the size of your wallet. Sometimes Kaz's vision coincides with what we want and then we get it, most of the time he follows his own path and to date, the bank account says that AI, engine sounds and the other myriad of complaints don't matter. Pretty graphics, oddball cars and novelty features seem to make the game sell and so that's what they continue to do.
Hear hear :cheers:, sad but true.

I swear to god if that blue Z06 vette gets voted into the game ahead of that mad widebodied Golf Mk1 I will march over to PD and force them to put it in the game at gunpoint.

I want that thing so badly.

Why would it be surprising that one can see the imperfections in something and yet still be passionate about it? That's life man, that's how the world works. Life isn't black and white and most of the stuff we love and are passionate about are far from perfect.

It's just the extent to which people complain about these imperfections when the only people that seem to be listening to them are each other, and also the pessimism of some people who refuse to acknowledge anything good done by PD. I guess I meant stubborn pessimism rather than an ability to see imperfections. Some people seem to be here only to convince others of GT's demise. Complaining that there aren't 1200 cars as 'promised' when the car list isn't final, and it's only three away, for instance.

And if you think I'm lecturing about art, you missed the point. It's a lecture about life, I daresay most successful people bear down in the face of criticsm and work harder. If you wilt under the glare of the spotlight, whether you're an artist or game designer, you're in the wrong business.

Sorry if I'm looking at it too literally but, not if you're an artist/game designer. They don't have to appeal to everyone. Art's about self expression, not adjusting your work according to what people want to see.

It's just the extent to which people complain about these imperfections when the only people that seem to be listening to them are each other, and also the pessimism of some people who refuse to acknowledge anything good done by PD. I guess I meant stubborn pessimism rather than an ability to see imperfections. Some people seem to be here only to convince others of GT's demise. Complaining that there aren't 1200 cars as 'promised' when the car list isn't final, and it's only three away, for instance.

Sorry if I'm looking at it too literally but, not if you're an artist/game designer. They don't have to appeal to everyone. Art's about self expression, not adjusting your work according to what people want to see.
People complain, it's in their nature. While there are a couple of
GTP'ers who are irrational and denegrate everything PD does, I find most people who offer up criticism usually have a good case and the best of the critics can offer up a spirited defense of their remarks. I don't include things like individual car choice because those things can't be analyzed objectively like sound, AI etc. can. I'd rather that than a bunch of people running around saying Kaz is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the game is great because that's not the truth and it's boring.

Consumer feedback should always be the base for engineering your next product. GT is not more of an artform than any other game (look how beautiful GTA5 is), so if "being artists" is what they think of themselves and that is the basis of ignoring consumer feedback they are a bit vain to say the least.

People complain, it's in their nature. While there are a couple of
GTP'ers who are irrational and denegrate everything PD does, I find most people who offer up criticism usually have a good case and the best of the critics can offer up a spirited defense of their remarks. I don't include things like individual car choice because those things can't be analyzed objectively like sound, AI etc. can. I'd rather that than a bunch of people running around saying Kaz is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the game is great because that's not the truth and it's boring.

I agree about the pointlessness of mindless praise, but I just feel that if you've been criticizing a game over a length of time in which it's been developing, you have to at least acknowledge that development sometimes.

Consumer feedback should always be the base for engineering your next product. GT is not more of an artform than any other game (look how beautiful GTA5 is), so if "being artists" is what they think of themselves and that is the basis of ignoring consumer feedback they are a bit vain to say the least.

By that token isn't every artist that tries to market their work vain? By the way I wasn't necessarily defending Kaz as an artist, I was merely saying that if you do consider him an artist you can't tell him what to do.

Your logic doesn't hold. Our perception of whether Kaz sees himself as an artist and GT as an expression of that is irrelevant. All that matters to him is what he thinks. If he thinks he's an artist, it makes sense he follows his own path and pays little attention to critics. Vanity, thy name is artist. Goes with the territory.

By that token isn't every artist that tries to market their work vain? By the way I wasn't necessarily defending Kaz as an artist, I was merely saying that if you do consider him an artist you can't tell him what to do.
I don't consider him more of an artist than any other developer. All videogames are an artform (recreating life virtually), so if under that mindset you just do whatever you want, how come the other game developers don't and do listen to consumer feedback in order to better their games? It's just a bit strange to me.

I don't consider him more of an artist than any other developer. All videogames are an artform (recreating life virtually), so if under that mindset you just do whatever you want, how come the other game developers don't and do listen to consumer feedback in order to better their games? It's just a bit strange to me.

I'd like to reiterate the fact that I don't consider him an artist. It's just that Johnnypenso said that artists have to listen to feedback/work harder etc. if they're under fire, and I was saying that they don't.

You need to go check out the Goodwood "hill climb." I don't think it's exactly what you're thinking of.

EDIT: Okay, I'll spoil it for you. It's 1.16 miles long with 9 turns! I mean come on, even look at the layout, it's boring.

Now Pikes Peak, that's a hill climb and a challenge! 12.42 miles with 156 turns.

Just a smidge longer than his driveway. ;)

Back