The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
I was confused myself, but I googled it before I posted, I found some sides that stated those cars are extremely similar to the point you can complete interchange most of the parts.

To me it looks almost the same anyway^^ Even if I made a mistake, the point stands.

I was confused myself, but I googled it before I posted, I found some sides that stated those cars are extremely similar to the point you can complete interchange most of the parts.

To me it looks almost the same anyway^^ Even if I made a mistake, the point stands.
They are similar, sure, but I doubt PD would save much (if any) time doing it that way.

Oh don't underestimate how much time you can save just by reusing little stuff. Even if you only reuse doors, windows and other stuff you can scrape off days or weeks of working time. On my last model I spend over a week just on the doors alone.

You have to be kidding me. Even if they did use that Camaro as a base (which I highly doubt), the only thing that'd be left of it before turning it to the much newer Firebird, would be the doors, so they'd hardly save any time doing so anyway. It's not even remotely close to being a duplicate.

Actually, The Firebird and camaro models, in 1978, were completely different. It's only in 1983, with the third gen, that they came to a really close.

In 1978, Only the frame, and some smaller parts were the same. Everything else was different. The factory was not the same, the engine was not the same (Trans-Am : 400, or 403 cu From Olds) Camaro (350 Cu); drivetrain was different, transmission was different, whole interior was, front grille, well amost everyting.

Only in 1983 that they came to a close when GM decided to build them in Van Nuys and to regroup the parts.

Last edited:
Trans Am 1978

15f6ctl.jpg

Camaro 1978

akg0ll.jpg

From a 30 second glance the only difference I see is the front end.

Same roof line, windows, door handles, spoiler...

From a 30 second glance the only difference I see is the front end.

Same roof line, windows, door handles, spoiler...

Well then, a Chrysler New-Yorker 1974, and A Mercury Grand Marquis from the same year must look very identical for you.

Hmm I didn't read it like that because I assumed they meant in addition to what we see on the screen which is paints for sale in the paint shop.Well we will see in due time, needless to say I hope your wrong haha.
Having discussed this with some other guys, I'll summarize my thoughts on the paint shop screenshots we've seen so far.
Basically it seems like you have to buy a car to get a paint chip colour, but after that you can buy the colour as many times as you want (i.e. the Jaguar screenshot). If PD would let us buy any paint colour we wanted from the get-go, why bother having all these paint chips that you'd have to file through when you could just have a colour picker (then PD do some strange things, but you see my point, right?).
We can't be sure but in my opinion this seems like the most plausible thing.

Having discussed this with some other guys, I'll summarize my thoughts on the paint shop screenshots we've seen so far.
Basically it seems like you have to buy a car to get a paint chip colour, but after that you can buy the colour as many times as you want (i.e. the Jaguar screenshot). If PD would let us buy any paint colour we wanted from the get-go, why bother having all these paint chips that you'd have to file through when you could just have a colour picker (then PD do some strange things, but you see my point, right?).
We can't be sure but in my opinion this seems like the most plausible thing.

Which quite frankly is only one rung up the ladder of terrible design that the paint chips occupied in GT5. It would still mean you'd have to buy, say, 8 different Aventadors to get access to its entire colour lineup. Something like 20 LFA's. Sure, you wouldn't have to repeatedly buy a car with your favourite colour just to paint other cars in the garage, but it still seems like a ploy to artificially extend the already overdone Pokemon-style collecting aspect.

I don't see a clear indication that you can buy/use the color as many times as you want, after the first time buying a car with that color. The price in the Jaguar screenshot is the price for the paint job.
It's possible, but it isn't mentioned.
Either way it's completely ridiculous.

I cry and whine once again because PD left out the E21, E30 and E36 :.(
For a car that can compete and has competed in just about every type of motorsport event, you would think the E30 would've been in the game from the beginning,the fact that this car as well as the M1 (a legendary car) are not in GT6 sadness me greatly.I highly doubt they will be in a DLC pack either.It's funny becasue they had a concept version of the M1 in a trailer hinting that we'll see more of it (whether it be more design renderings or an actual prototype) so why wouldn't you at least put the original M car in the game?

For a car that can compete and has competed in just about every type of motorsport event, you would think the E30 would've been in the game from the beginning,the fact that this car as well as the M1 (a legendary car) are not in GT6 sadness me greatly.I highly doubt they will be in a DLC pack either.It's funny becasue they had a concept version of the M1 in a trailer hinting that we'll see more of it (whether it be more design renderings or an actual prototype) so why wouldn't you at least put the original M car in the game?

What about all the RUFs not present in GT - feel very very shafted right now

Ok, diversity is the wrong word perhaps, but T10 clearly concentrate on cars that they know car nuts around the world want in a racing game, and no duplicates! If only PD could get rid of duplicates it would instantly make the game better in my opinion.

Strittan, I truly get where you're coming from, but I gotta add something of myself here. You see, I like GT6's carlist, a lot. I am truly happy that they finally added some premium Diablo's, of which I guess the whole forum knows that it's my favourite car ever (in every iteration and model make), because to me it represents both the true, raw, uncompromising spirit that seperate(d)s Lamborghini from the likes of Ferarri, and it represents the moment I fell in love with racing games (Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit, which I think needs no introduction here). I have never whined about it not being included, and truth be told the cars got so old I highly doubted they would've ever made into the GT games. Alas, waddya know, they're here, including that ungodly GT2 version. No, it's not the version I love the most (the SV obviously), but I love it, truly, truly love it. But that gets me to my point. You see, the Diablo (and a whole bunch of other cars I love to drive) aren't or weren't represented in GT ever. The likes of LaFerarri, all Porsches (Ruf can't make up for that devilish 959, sorry Ruf lovers...) and a host of other man-made monsters come to mind. Yet Forza does.

On the other hand GT has had a whole bunch of cars I never knew and were big, big surprises to me in the past and still in the present. I guess everyone here remembers the insane Renault Espace F1, the Suzuki Escudo (**UNASHAMED NOSTALGIA ALERT** the car was literally unbeatable in GT2, was my main moneymaker and I still long for the days of driving Red Rock Valley over and over again for what I believe was a TVR Speed 12 that could be sold for a hefty buck), the Chapparal's, Toyota GT1, and many more.

My point? I play both games. I love both. There, I said it. I love both equally even though I would find myself in the hate-Forza-for-no-reason camp in the beginning when I hadn't even played them. How wrong I was, afterwards. Both have flaws, both are not perfect. Heck, I even still play Shift 2 from time to time. I love all games for what they are, yet I have a special place for GT that I truly feel I shouldn't have to defend, because it's a personal emotion I have with the game. One does not need the cars from the other. THAT my friend is the very reason both can exist in the same time, alongside each other. Because they are different. I love the addition of the Lunar Rover. Smiled when it got announced because it would be something only GT does. And I love it for that, for it's quirkiness. For some more siriuz bizznizz, I play Forza. For the feel of driving automotive history scattered across an insane range of cars, I play GT. For audiovisual pizzaz, I play Shift (for those people talking about visual customization, play that game and tell me you kept your pants dry while seeing your Porsche 911 GT3 grow from street car to absolute racing monster including cockpit upgrades). For relaxed driving and poking around, I fire up the original Test Drive Unlimited and even Driver San Francisco (talking about insane car lists!).

What I don't find in one game, I get in another. I love it that way, to be able to get different experiences from time to time. That is, for me, the true definition of a racing game enthusiast (mind I said racing GAME not SIM), or a gamer as a whole, the ability to love or hate something for what it is. It's the discovery, not the result, that yields the best results. Therefore, I would never say GT should include some cars over others, nor would I do the same for Forza or any other game.

This concludes my little speech. God I should have had the American Flag on the background whilst playing the National Anthem while typing this! :D

@The_Rpg_Moogle You love the game and forgive it's many shortcomings and that's great. Others feel differently. I daresay the majority of GT'ers don't have multiple consoles to be able to access other console games, and many of us don't have the time to play multiple games. Many rely on GT as their sole sim driving fix and it should be easy to understand their disappointment with GT5 and potentially GT6. Thank God we have GTP allowing us to air our opinions on both sides of the equation:tup:👍

Which quite frankly is only one rung up the ladder of terrible design that the paint chips occupied in GT5. It would still mean you'd have to buy, say, 8 different Aventadors to get access to its entire colour lineup. Something like 20 LFA's. Sure, you wouldn't have to repeatedly buy a car with your favourite colour just to paint other cars in the garage, but it still seems like a ploy to artificially extend the already overdone Pokemon-style collecting aspect.
I'd buy 20 LFAs though, I already have 5.

#V10SupraFTW

Well it was only one game and now GT4 even gets blame. I skipped two GT games until GT4 without knowing those existed already, so I can't say much.

Heheh GT's fanbase is the most severe in this case, more than NFS and anything else combined.
Haha. It would seem that way. :lol:

To be quite honest with you guys. I feel that GT6 is as much of an improvement over GT5 as GT2 was to GT1 and GT4 was to GT3. Between GT games you mostly find refinement, especially the even numbered ones. It's not GT5.1 in my eyes, it's as much of an improvement as the last few even numbered games, improves the game over the last one and adds more things into it while trying to streamline it.

Actually that's a good point I didn't consider. Especially when it comes to the awesome LFA colours; having to buy 20 would get expensive real fast. Hmm... a colour picker would just be best after all really.
Unless of course all colours are indeed unlocked from the start. We'll see I suppose.

Latest Posts

Back