The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
I disagree.
If it wasn't for the countless updates, I assume you'd still happily stuck with 1.01 to this day then?

I agree. As much of the state of GT5 now is pretty good, 1.01 was an awful, awful game.

No PP, no seasonals, no leaderboards because no seasonals, no OCD, no gear tuning, worse graphical issues than now, glitches in tracks, no power/weight limits on lobbies, no mechanical damage, no cash or experience from racing online, no Remote Racing (not that anyone cares), no racing gear, no purchasing car parts through the settings screen, worse AI, no mid-race suspend, no "interior" views on standards, no user control of weather, only one setup per car, no FF/RWD in replays, no aftermarket wheels on standards, and a huge number of little bugs fixed by patches over the years.
Thanks for reminding me of the above. I must have forgotten about at least half of them.

Well, I've decided to go ahead and cancel my GT6 preorder and put the money toward a PS+ subscription for PS4. Its what I wanted to do all along, but a moment of weakness a week or so ago caught me off guard. I feel like an addict, but even worse Im getting the stuff swept off the floor thats mixed with hair and food crumbs. My obsession is with something thats not even of great quality.

Im sure many people will find alot of enjoyment with GT6. I doubt it will be a bad game. Its building on GT5, but I feel some areas of the home are in need of a desperate remodeling, yet PD has only painted on top of the dust, cracking paint, and cobwebs. The ugly nature of the neglected rooms is still there, and very little has been done to address them.

I must only accept and demand the best in life. I feel GT no longer is the best in its genre, and hasnt been for a while now. If it were somewhat close I could give it a pass, but IMO its not. Everything outside of the tracklist has disappointed me greatly. Physics and sound may have gotten revamped, but its the same people revamping these things, so core issues like no torque steer , bad crash and collision physics, and shallow, lifeless sound remain. GT is not built for the consumer. Its one man's dream, and hes letting us in on it, for a fee. If a developer flat out refuses to listen to criticism and consumer feedback this day and age, I cant support them. Yes, we're getting better AI apparently, but it seems to have been added at the last moment like some afterthought, despite being the most requested improvement wanted in GT.

I cant say with any confidence GT6 is a game worth 200 or so hours of my time. In less then 24 hours I'll have the most powerful console ever made. So why should I turn it off to entertain blocky shadows, 2D trees, sub 1920x1080p resolution, standard cars, standard tracks, and more on a console 7 years old? I can understand those who arent interested in PS4 for now enjoying GT6, but balancing hundreds of hours of GT6 with next-gen is simply not worth it for me, considering the marginal improvements and in some cases step backwards in the core areas of a driving simulation.

Last edited:
I cant say with any confidence GT6 is a game worth 200 or so hours of my time. In less then 24 hours I'll have the most powerful console ever made. So why should I turn it off to entertain blocky shadows, 2D trees, sub 1920x1080p resolution, standard cars, standard tracks, and more on a console 7 years old? I can understand those who arent interested in PS4 for now enjoying GT6, but balancing hundreds of hours of GT6 with next-gen is simply not worth it for me, considering the marginal improvements and in some cases step backwards in the core areas of a driving simulation.

I like your theory, but which next gen driving simulation is this comparison based on?

In less then 24 hours I'll have the most powerful console ever made. So why should I turn it off to entertain blocky shadows, 2D trees, sub 1920x1080p resolution, standard cars, standard tracks, and more on a console 7 years old? I can understand those who arent interested in PS4 for now enjoying GT6, but balancing hundreds of hours of GT6 with next-gen is simply not worth it for me, considering the marginal improvements and in some cases step backwards in the core areas of a driving simulation.

I would have liked to do that, but the launch line-up of the PS4 is pretty poor.

Longer delay than GT5 ever had....couple of months ago wasn't it scheduled for PS3 2013?

Yeah but they realized the PS3 wasnt worth their time anymore, so they cancelled the PS3/360 versions. Like how Square cancelled Final Fantasy vs XIII on the PS3. Seems only PD is content with taking on the big boys with antiquated hardware.

Yeah but they realized the PS3 wasnt worth their time anymore, so they cancelled the PS3/360 versions. Like how Square cancelled Final Fantasy vs XIII on the PS3. Seems only PD is content with taking on the big boys with antiquated hardware.

That's one way to look at it. PD have led the genre for 3 generations. From what I see, Forza 5 is comparable to GT6, almost looks as if they are on the same generation of hardware.

Not sure who the big boys you mention are though, are you talking game sales figures or development team size/budget?

If it wasn't for the countless updates, I assume you'd still happily stuck with 1.01 to this day then?

Thanks for reminding me of the above. I must have forgotten about at least half of them.
I think you missed my point. I wasn't saying it was perfect, mearly saying that this is not the product of a failing team.

And yes, I would have still played it.

Most games these days have a shed load of updates. And, as GT5, not just for bug fixes, for the enhancements and extra features @Imari listed out.

Glass half full/half empty right here.

If it had been PS4 only there would be mucho whinging here about having upgrade to new hardware.

SimonK fought me tooth and nail that GT6 was going to be a PS4 title. Up until and even a few days after the news started to break.

He is a friend, but anyone can be wrong.

Did you know that he believed that GT6 was going to be a PS3 title even before that, up until TGS 2012 where absolutely nothing was announced a lot of us changed our minds.

That's one way to look at it. PD have led the genre for 3 generations. From what I see, Forza 5 is comparable to GT6, almost looks as if they are on the same generation of hardware.

Not sure who the big boys you mention are though, are you talking game sales figures or development team size/budget?

Big boys are next gen sim racers like Project CARS and rFactor 2 and the F word.

GT6 has nice looking car models (the premiums at least) but they're able to do that because they skimp so bad on track detail and shadows and even framerate now.

5251425995_5e4345d2eb.jpg

I cant post pictures of other games, but next gen racers have 3D trees for almost as far as the eye can see into the backgrounds, not just a few 2D cutouts with a solid 2D wall painting of trees behind them.

Oh, and Rockstar. But they're not doing very well, are they?

GTAV released a considerable time before next gen consoles. Also its not an exclusive title like GT.

Well, I've decided to go ahead and cancel my GT6 preorder and put the money toward a PS+ subscription for PS4.

A well reasoned argument and devoid of fanaticism or hatred. Good on you. I've looked similarly and decided I will buy GT6 (in fact already ordered it for $50). While GT5 gave me a fantastic entertainment value, it also disappointed me greatly and I've lost the enthusiasm to fire it up every week. My problem is that I don't play any other game. So, a PS4 is meaningless right now. I will wait for GT7 and if it looks good, will buy a PS4 to go along with it. I'll use GT6 in the meanwhile and I'm sure it will give me enough entertainment for the $50 I spent on it.

By the way, paid DLC for GT6 is overpriced IMO and will not support it. I hate being nickeled and dimed. I lived without SPA or the premium Jag.

Big boys are next gen sim racers like Project CARS and rFactor 2 and the F word.

GT6 has nice looking car models (the premiums at least) but they're able to do that because they skimp so bad on track detail and shadows and even framerate now.

I cant post pictures of other games, but next gen racers have 3D trees for almost as far as the eye can see into the backgrounds, not just a few 2D cutouts with a solid 2D wall painting of trees behind them.

I used to have more fun climbing trees, as opposed to racing them. It's been a while though.

F word has 14 tracks (shadows are pathetic, it looks like Tatooine with two suns). rFactor 2 is PC. Project cars is shift 3, is still an unknown quantity.

Not remotely close.

Project Cars front page paints a pretty picture...

"Slightly Mad Studios is an award-winning developer known most recently for its work on Electronic Arts’ Need For Speed franchise with the successful SHIFT series."

Project Cars front page paints a pretty picture...

"Slightly Mad Studios is an award-winning developer known most recently for its work on Electronic Arts’ Need For Speed franchise with the successful SHIFT series."

Does that also make Uncharted a Crash Bandicoot sequel? It doesn't say anything about it being a continuation of shift.

The direction of shift is completely different to the direction project cars takes.

It was released two months ago. Hardly considerable time. And you're right, it was released not only on one "antiquated hardware", but two. But how does that make a difference?

When was the last big Xbox 360 exclusive released? I think you have to go all the way back to March with Gears of War. Microsoft has their stuff in order. They've closed the door on last gen, while some Sony exec thinks its best to keep it open with their biggest selling exclusive. A mistake I believe. Rockstar knows GTA is money in the bank, the same cant be said of GT anymore. Also GTA has no big rivals in the open world genre, but PD has plenty in sim racing.

I used to have more fun climbing trees, as opposed to racing them. It's been a while though.

F word has 14 tracks (shadows are pathetic, it looks like Tatooine with two suns). rFactor 2 is PC. Project cars is shift 3, is still an unknown quantity.

lol, Im not going to debate this, but I will say if GT6 was a PS4 launch title PD would still have my money right now.

LOL please, they ''cancelled'' it after creating hype around NOTHING for 5 years, S.E. doesn't even know they're doing anymore, worst example you can use. They even had to redo ff XIV online, of course they're not doing VS XIII for ps3.
There's no big boys on ps4 yet. Pcars delayed, drive club too. The only real big title it's battlefield for but it's already out on current gen and pc.
Ps4 lauch IS really poor of titles.

lol, Im not going to debate this, but I will say if GT6 was a PS4 launch title PD would still have my money right now.

It would be the same game, same content, less some cars as they would have dropped the standards.

If not, how do you think it would have differed?

It would be the same game, same content, less some cars as they would have dropped the standards.

If not, how do you think it would have differed?

- Overall better graphics, possibly photomode quality cars ingame
- No standard (PS2) content, cars or tracks
- No blocky shadows
- 3D trees and overall better environments
- Better framerate
- True 1080p
- Share Button compatible
- Live Stream Compatible

That would be enough to raise it to a standard I expect on PS4. In the end its like this: I'm moving into a mansion, I dont have time to keep revisiting the boarded up shack I also own. In fact I'll be selling it (PS3) soon enough.

In the end its like this: I'm moving into a mansion, I dont have time to keep revisiting the boarded up shack I also own. In fact I'll be selling it (PS3) soon enough.

We are sitting in your shack now, you keep writing messages on the walls. I think you are having trouble letting go.

Which means what, exactly?

For most humans, when something reaches the point it's "not worth it" to us, we've dropped it like a rotten potato in the trash. Outside. Far from the house. And have nothing more to do with it.

On the other hand, there is a certain kind of net disdain which amounts to "I'm done with (this certain thing). (But at the same time I'm going to continue to post on boards based on that certain thing to criticize it, and will sound at times like I'm still intending to be involved with that certain thing such as discussing why certain peripherals might not work with it.

Not worth it = my $60 is not worth entering PD's wallet. Nope, not this time. It's really that simple. :) Like many others, I'll wait for someone else to buy the game, play the game, not like the game, trade it in, and then I'll swoop in like a vulture stalking its prey.

You may call it a small revolt; but hey, it's something! It may even be integrity. You surely won't find that on any gamestore shelf. ;)

Last edited:
When was the last big Xbox 360 exclusive released? I think you have to go all the way back to March with Gears of War. Microsoft has their stuff in order. They've closed the door on last gen, while some Sony exec thinks its best to keep it open with their biggest selling exclusive. A mistake I believe. Rockstar knows GTA is money in the bank, the same cant be said of GT anymore. Also GTA has no big rivals in the open world genre, but PD has plenty in sim racing.

Assuming that it's relevant if the title is exclusive. But why would it be? Why can a non-exclusive title have success on a current generation, while an exclusive can't?

We are sitting in your shack now, you keep writing messages on the walls. I think you are having trouble letting go.

I am.

Went through the same process when I decided Final Fantasy XIII would be the first Final Fantasy game I wouldnt buy since 1997. Its very tough to let go of something you've been attached to for so long. I do take comfort in the fact I sincerely believe PD did very little if anything at all to win over those who were disappointed with GT5.

Assuming that it's relevant if the title is exclusive. But why would it be? Why can a non-exclusive title have success on a current generation, while an exclusive can't?

- All of GT6's competition is next-gen

- Being exclusive just makes it worse, as exclusive titles are meant to help sell systems

Back