The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Never thought I'd see myself posting on this thread, but I just despise the negligence PD has towards its game. I understand that you want to move forward and make a better game, but pretty much abandoning a game you didn't finish to make another one? That's like me eating half of a Doughnut, putting it to the side, just to grab another doughnut to eat.

It aggravates me when I see all this news on the home page of Forza 6, PCars, Driveclub and whatnot, but we had yet to hear a peep from PD until a week ago. There is also STILL no news about GT7. I'm not all hype about getting GT7 because I'm still pissed about how disappointing GT6 was. My gripe about people rushing GT7, If they screwed you over TWICE on both PS3 GT games, what makes you think they won't do it again in GT7?

I doubt the Course Maker is going to be anything special when it releases and even if it is, it doesn't really matter as the game is getting dull after 2 years and all of the serious GT racers have long moved on from GT6.

I hope this is a wake-up call to PD. Because they need to realize, they aren't the best console sim racing company anymore. It's arguably a toss-up now, and to me from what I've been seeing and reading, PD isn't even in the discussion.

Ya, all those that are looking for GT7 news are the reason GT6 is so lackluster. They prove PD Sony correct that they can do whatever they like and people will just keep coming.

I went back and started playing GT5P again. It's funny how poor an effort Gt6 seems when you shine the GT5P light on it.

I'm not asking for much. I'm asking for $60 worth of effort...$60 I paid a year and a half ago. I didn't pay for some junior team to learn the ropes on a supposed AAA game.

Last edited:
You can save the game at pitstops, so what difference does it make? No one HAS to play for 24hours straight. I know I never would, but I sure as heck will play a 24hour long event with save games. It's also the perfect use of B-spec.
Imo races longer than 3-4hrs are only interesting if you have a couple of friends to team up with. Splitting a long race into smaller chunks by pausing/saving or having the game play itself in b-spec isn't actual endurance. Saving mid-race locks you to that 1 race and you can't play anything else. Some of us actually prefer to race ourselves as opposed to having the game play itself.
That's why I prefer to have the option to adjust race distance with payouts being adjusted accordingly.

I've been saying this for some time, but there is a definite thrust to dumb down the game and make it more tailored to the casual user. Kaz himself referenced this in an interview and I never forgot this: "

If you look at the GT5 Trophy Stats vs. GT6 Trophy Stats it's not hard to figure out how and why the game is being more and more tailored to the casual user and away from the hardcore GT fan. Platinum Trophy is much easier to get in GT6 and has nearly 10x the achievement rate. Endurance series completion rate is very low in GT5 >> endurance races are only 24 minutes in GT6. In GT5 only 21% of players made it to the 4th level in career..dumb down the game and in GT6 and 43% make it to the 4th level. In GT5 you need only complete the license tests at any level to get the trophy. Make the gold much easier to get in GT6 and now there is a trophy for Golding all the license events at a given level.

PD/Kaz developed GT6 with the stats in GT5 as a starting point, that's easy to see IMO. The game has PD/Kaz written all over it, but now, instead of developing the game with simply his "vision" to guide him, he's falling into the trap of using statistics to figure out what people want, and GT6, GT7 are/will be created in the same mould.

That to me suggests self fulfilling prophecy. GT5 GT-Mode was horribly grindy. The solution from PD was the Online Seasonal which gave much better Exp. and money. No wonder so few bothered with GT-Mode after that. There was no point. This then possibly explains what passes for "racing" in GT6. They are just online seasonal's with less money. It's a case of "If it's what everybody did in GT5 - it must be what they want in GT6."

That to me suggests self fulfilling prophecy. GT5 GT-Mode was horribly grindy. The solution from PD was the Online Seasonal which gave much better Exp. and money. No wonder so few bothered with GT-Mode after that. There was no point. This then possibly explains what passes for "racing" in GT6. They are just online seasonal's with less money. It's a case of "If it's what everybody did in GT5 - it must be what they want in GT6."
That's the trap of managing with statistics. Few people complete the Endurance events for example so they get dropped in favour of 24 minute "endurance" races. What the stats don't tell you is that those few % of people who completed the endurance events and the many more that ran at least some of them, spent dozens or hundreds of hours in the game doing so. It gave them a reason to play and what the stats don't tell you, a reason to not need to play another game for some of them. On top of that, they represent the real hardcore GT fans, those that want to experience every single thing the game has to offer and want to play it for hundreds of hours. Now at least a part of the user base that likes a long, long game, with long races is jaded and looking elsewhere.

They seem to want to fix game issues with a sledge hammer, rather than with fine tools. We'll have to wait and see if this changes for GT7.

It's a case of "If it's what everybody did in GT5 - it must be what they want in GT6."
That's the reason I gave up on seasonals long time ago. I hate that stupid catch-the-rabbit format used in seasonals and in most offline races. I don't want that crap to return in GT7, I want proper races, so I figure the best way to tell that to PD is not play any of the catch-the-rabbit seasonals. If people stopped playing seasonals maybe PD will include proper races in GT7.

FS7
Imo races longer than 3-4hrs are only interesting if you have a couple of friends to team up with. Splitting a long race into smaller chunks by pausing/saving or having the game play itself in b-spec isn't actual endurance. Saving mid-race locks you to that 1 race and you can't play anything else. Some of us actually prefer to race ourselves as opposed to having the game play itself.
That's why I prefer to have the option to adjust race distance with payouts being adjusted accordingly.

But the nice thing about the options you mention is that they are options. Nothing stops you from doing long distance races with your friends.

But the nice thing about the options you mention is that they are options. Nothing stops you from doing long distance races with your friends.
I don't have any local friends that would be willing to play endurance races, and GT games don't have any sort of online co-op for endurance races, so to me it's pointless to play races longer than 3-4hrs, I'd rather have the option to adjust race length with payouts being adjusted accordingly. That's one of the reasons I'd rather play PCars or one of the F1 games than GT5/GT6.

FS7
I don't have any local friends that would be willing to play endurance races, and GT games don't have any sort of online co-op for endurance races, so to me it's pointless to play races longer than 3-4hrs, I'd rather have the option to adjust race length with payouts being adjusted accordingly. That's one of the reasons I'd rather play PCars or one of the F1 games than GT5/GT6.

AHHHHHI see what you're saying. Ya, a co-op mode would be pretty sweet for endurance races. That would make leagues really interesting as well.

But that would be an actual new, cool feature....those things are impossible :P

The nice thing about that list is that it doesn't include any of those pathetic NASCAR games. They should use those as a torture device in prison. You can continually drive in a circle for hours

I got this game recently , and for every step forward from GT5 , they took two steps back .

These days , GT games (5-6) feel like huge missed opportunities .

It's like getting your dream super car , but :
-it takes 5 minutes to start .
-the seat has sharp spikes.
-loud static noise comes from the audio system and you can't turn it off .
-the windshield is dirty and scratched .

There might be a good base game inside, but it's buried under hundreds of nuisances and weird backward design choices.

That's a shame , really .

Project CARS is so underwhelming that I'm gonna have to come back & start playing GT6 again. Oh no! Please no! Oh dear! I still can't bring myself to actually do this.

:ouch:

VBR
Project CARS is so underwhelming that I'm gonna have to come back & start playing GT6 again. Oh no! Please no! Oh dear! I still can't bring myself to actually do this.

:ouch:

Or you could just get an XB1 and Forza 6 where you can have some proper fun.

More like 3, there's currently 3 Forzas available for the system. It's 7th gen all over again, people waiting for a next gen GT while quite a few full Forza games were being released on the green side.

More like 3, there's currently 3 Forzas available for the system. It's 7th gen all over again, people waiting for a next gen GT while quite a few full Forza games were being released on the green side.

And, Turn 10 manage to do quantity & quality.

VBR

Well, I tried it last night. Fired up the game, had a look about, & couldn't get back into it at all. Not only are the sounds ear bleedingly awful compared to P CARS, but after 5 months of looking as DriveClub's ridiculously good looking graphics, I couldn't take all the aliasing in GT6. This game is now 100% dead to me. But then again, so is DriveClub becasue I have no wheel to fully enjoy it with. I do have a wheel that works in Project CARS, but I really don't like the wheel & can't get into the game either.

I feel like I'm kinda stuck in a sim racing No Man's Land!

:(

VBR
Well, I tried it last night. Fired up the game, had a look about, & couldn't get back into it at all. Not only are the sounds ear bleedingly awful compared to P CARS, but after 5 months of looking as DriveClub's ridiculously good looking graphics, I couldn't take all the aliasing in GT6. This game is now 100% dead to me. But then again, so is DriveClub becasue I have no wheel to fully enjoy it with. I do have a wheel that works in Project CARS, but I really don't like the wheel & can't get into the game either.

You won't be unless you get Forza 6. :) I know it's silly getting a console for one game, but Forza 6 is loaded with content and features. It's literally the most hands down best and funnest racing simulator game I've ever played on consoles.

It even has leagues to match you with other players who race like you, such as if you race clean. :D

VBR
I do have a wheel that works in Project CARS, but I really don't like the wheel & can't get into the game either.

That's solely because of bugs you encounter in PCARS? For wheels it takes some time tweaking them to hit the sweet spot, but when you do...:drool:

[speculation]
Why haven't PD released any news in the last 2.5 month?
Why would they hide two VGT cars and nunumerous clues about GT7 for the last 2.5 month?
And why would they release two VGT cars in one day, and why today?

Last edited:
[speculation]
Why PD havn't released any news for the last 2.5 month?
Why would they hide two VGT cars and 20 clues about GT7 for the last 2.5 month?
And why would they release it in one day, and why today?

Sort of what I was going to ask.

Obviously, a 1.21 is coming and we've known this since the Bugatti and the Hyundai were known. We'll be getting one, if not both.

Here's the question, when is this update coming and why not tell us this before hand? What is intended to be in this update? Will it just be two VGT cars (That I will drive one time to get and have no use for afterwards)?

Oh, while we are on that point, why has there never been a VGT Quick Match? Why are the same quick matches recycled? ....and maybe they could have figured out how to make that system work properly since it's essentially GT5P multiplayer :P

[speculation]
Why PD havn't released any news for the last 2.5 month?
Why would they hide two VGT cars and 20 clues about GT7 for the last 2.5 month?
And why would they release it in one day, and why today?

It was originally a guess about CM news, then about news in general, but I was always a believer that September 15th would involve some level of GT news. Ever since the Spec 2.0 GT5 update coincided with FM4's launch, it's seemed like news for GT arrives the same day as a Forza title. Whether it's intentional or a string of coincidences, it's a safe bet nonetheless. :P

It was originally a guess about CM news, then about news in general, but I was always a believer that September 15th would involve some level of GT news. Ever since the Spec 2.0 GT5 update coincided with FM4's launch, it's seemed like news for GT arrives the same day as a Forza title. Whether it's intentional or a string of coincidences, it's a safe bet nonetheless. :P

a spec 2.0....if it's more than just a pipe dream (or superficial warm over), it might be what this game needs.

i'm all out on this thread and sorry to be...
i'd rather be praising GT like i've been doing it for 15 years

i just want to say this: i hate VGTs, i'm now sure about that because the more there is instead of some
proper cars people dream about, the more i get dissapointed and hopeless about GT6

they have to stop that!

not giving us anything we want but only stuff we never asked for and we can't care less about is...:banghead:🤬:grumpy:

i'm all out on this thread and sorry to be...
i'd rather be praising GT like i've been doing it for 15 years

i just want to say this: i hate VGTs, i'm now sure about that because the more there is instead of some
proper cars people dream about, the more i get dissapointed and hopeless about GT6

they have to stop that!

not giving us anything we want but only stuff we never asked for and we can't care less about is...:banghead:🤬:grumpy:

Go watch the Bugatti video...Someone is VERY out of touch.

I just understand. Publishers that I've worked with put a TON of effort to make sure they are connected to their audience world wide. Sony and PD are disconnected, just don't care, and they prove it over and over and over again.

This saddens me (the tires):

upload_2015-9-15_20-48-10.png

It's sad but true about a big part of GT players.

When they released the Tomahawk X, instead of a perfect lap of the nurburgring, or buyable for 1,000,000 credits, they should have made you do 3 laps of the nurburgring backwards with no mistakes, or buyable for 20,000,000 credits. The trial so only the best drivers could win it, and the cost, to keep the amount of players buying it to a minimum. The truly outrageous cars should use a system like this.

Also on the tomahawk X, If you read the description, it says something about there being a 7 month training program to learn how to drive it. Should have been implemented.

Latest Posts

Back