The Next Car Series, you'd like to see on GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chqr
  • 122 comments
  • 9,123 views

Your Favourite Car Series that you want in the game


  • Total voters
    211
I think the ALMS would be pretty sweet to have. GT5 should have all the manufacturers they need.

Aside from Porsche of course.
 
I would love to see F1 cars from today and some historic F1 cars as well... also there is one road car I want to see and that is the BMW M1!!
 
V8 Supercars for sure!

While I love F1, we have a game specifically for F1 that goes into much more detail than GT ever could.
 
I'd like to see either Demolition Derbies or Lawn Mower Racing :D
 
i would like actual drift contests, against AI.

4x4, or hill climb would be the best thing though
 
I'd say IndyCar as the licence for that is easy to get. F1 would be such a pain to get as it's owned by a guy with more money than Bill Gates. Bikes? Leave that as a separate game and have them in Tourist Trophy.

Only problem for IndyCar is, everybody online would use the #7 if it would be in GT6...
 
BTCC/WTCC would be great. I daresay people online would find them refreshing because here's a true circuit-based professional racing series where aggressive, contact-heavy driving is par for the course.

Instead of Indy cars, how about this: Champ Cars. Use the Lola/Cosworth Ford setup circa 2004-'07 and just pre-Panoz DP01. This way, you can get the Champ Car experience without having a bunch of functionally-identical models all just made by different people. They are at home both on ovals and on circuits, and drivers could get to experience a piece of racing history that doesn't exist anymore, but when it did, it was quite entertaining. A lot of people would probably use Bourdais' car, but again, by 2004 the Champ Car World Series was basically a spec series, therefore that does not make any of the other cars uncompetitive or something. Also, from a tuning standpoint the Cosworth V8 they used in Champ Car was designed to be turbocharged anyway.

Drift competitions are a must, and sometime in the future there must be competitive drifting with prizes on the line. Car choice is just about nothing but a matter of personal preference from what I've seen, but if we get organized drifting competitions in Gran Turismo, a few cars are a must, like Sam Hubinette's Mopar Viper and the spellbinding Hankook Porsche. PD managed to sneak in Porsches by way of Ruf, so it's possible...
 
V8 Supercars for sure!

While I love F1, we have a game specifically for F1 that goes into much more detail than GT ever could.

I agree. No doubt NASCAR 2011 will make GT5 look ridiculous when it is released so PD would be better off focusing on a series not offered as a standalone game ie. Formula 1, NASCAR, WRC (if blackbean manage to make some significant improvements for WRC 2011).

Hell even if they gave us Bathurst and just 2 or 3 V8 Supercars I would be happy. Or just bathurst on its own 👍 Damn it please give us Bathurst!
 
I picked superbikes add Isle of man TT to that id never buy another racing game again :drool:

Here here!! Taking current gen production bikes to the Isle would be amazing! Bikes on Nurburg?!! WOOOHOO!! Superbikes vs mod'd cars... I think we have a winner!

Bikes AND cars on Isle of Man at the same time! I'd love it.
 
ALMS without a doubt. Huge car list, great tracks.
 
Being a huge drift fan I'd have to go with D1GP and/or Formula D.

BTCC would be great as well but with GT5s limited damage I don't think they'd be able to capture the essence of BTCC racing.
 
I'd rather keep the ones we alrrady have but done properly.
 
Touring cars, mainly classic JGTC, Aussie Group A (pre-v8 supercars) and BTCC.
 
I loved it when volvo brought this baby to the track :P

I picked superbikes add Isle of man TT to that id never buy another racing game again :drool:

I just thought about that, and there would be an effect where tilting the controller down would oush the bike down, and wuould fall over if you didn't, so controller users would have something to talk about. :sly:
 
:lol::lol::lol: OK, I had enough of this now! It is not lemons, and not strawberrys or apples even, it is LeMans, Le=the, Mans=world, the 24h of LeMans.

Did you even click the link? 24 Hours of LemOns is an American endurance race series for $500 cars. Lemons = crappy cars. It's a pun. Get it?
 
Haha I see and yep I get it. Never heared the term "lemon" for cars though. It's only that I read so often people write "lemons", when they were talking about the actual "LeMans" race, and I know they were talking about this race, so that is why I...kinda overreacted. :lol::O

I'd rather keep the ones we alrrady have but done properly.

Ha! Now that is some fresh idea and I kinda agree dude.
 
I think that indycar is a deffinent must add for them. I mean really guys, they have the Indy 500 on the game and there isn't one indycar, or even open-wheel car, in the race unless you bring a Ferrari F1 car or FGT. Even then you don't race any open-wheel cars. LeMans cars racing the Indy 500 just looks stupid and is bad in concept. I also don't see why they can't add more F1 cars. They have Ferrari and got their F1 cars, so why can't they get Red Bull? For Christ shake, they design the x2010 with Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing, and there are other Red Bull are in the game and Red Bull Hanger 7, so they should have no problem with the F1 car. Why not throw in Mercedes F1 car since they have Mercedes in the game, and same goes for Renualt and Lotus or any number of others.

Also, have you guys noticed how they have the historic LeMans cars (cool) and tons of historic Japenese Touring Series cars (WTF) and that's it. No historic Nascars like the old Petty collers on a Super Bird or an old Earnhardt car, and no historic F1 like the classic John Player Special or the experimental and now illegal Tyrell P34. Come on PD, step you game up!!!!
 
The trouble with F1 liscensing is that it's all one big packaging and ecclestone already sold it to codemasters. Ferrari has a separate contract which allows them to liscence their portion of F1 to anyone and at any time (among other awesome benefits).




Anyways,Historic F1 would be awesome...

tyrrell.jpg
 
The trouble with F1 liscensing is that it's all one big packaging and ecclestone already sold it to codemasters. Ferrari has a separate contract which allows them to liscence their portion of F1 to anyone and at any time (among other awesome benefits).




Anyways,Historic F1 would be awesome...

tyrrell.jpg

PD is swimming in cash. They could buy F1 rights as well or even make a deal so that we have to buy them in an update and Codemasters can get a chunk of the profit if that is the case.
 
Actually I changed my mind.

I want something like the Mille Miglia or Targa Florio or Carrera Panamericana

Racing on open road
 
Last edited:
Another +1 for V8 Supercars!!! PD needs to give Australia some luv :)

They already have some V8 supercars. I say a a Ford Falcon race car in used cars and I think I saw a Commidor, I know I say a street verison. They just need to give 1 or 2 different scheme, Bathrust and maybe Gold Coast, and give it a championship.
 
Last edited:
They already have some V8 supercars. I say a a Ford Falcon race car in used cars and I think I saw a Commidor, I know I say a street verison. They just need to give 1 or 2 different scheme, Bathrust and maybe Gold Coast, and give it a championship.

Hardly, they have one standard model V8 Supercar that has been carried over from GT3/GT4 and two standard model Holdens from GT4. You couldn't make a championship out of that.

You need current model V8 Supercars (all they need to model is 2 cars then add liveries) and a few tracks. I wouldn't even mind if they ran it on original/international circuits as long as Bathurst is there
 
Back