The Next Car Series, you'd like to see on GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chqr
  • 122 comments
  • 9,123 views

Your Favourite Car Series that you want in the game


  • Total voters
    211
Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but the correct french name is 24 Heures du LeMans,
with LeMans being the little town near which the event is held.
The french word for world is 'monde' NOT 'mans.
So, in future please check your facts before crapping on people:idea:

But the again, as far as i know, the correct french name is 24 Heures du Mans, not 24 Heures du LeMans :-)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
As far as i know!
 
I voted other and started to post what it was when I realized PD has already done enough damage to Rally and NASCAR.

Maybe they should just stick to cars and tracks and leave established sports alone if they are not going to implement them very well.
 
JGW
I voted other and started to post what it was when I realized PD has already done enough damage to Rally and NASCAR.

Maybe they should just stick to cars and tracks and leave established sports alone if they are not going to implement them very well.

maybe not such a bad idea. Leave NASCAR, F1 and WRC for established standalone games and focus on what GT has always been good at
 
Hell even if they gave us Bathurst and just 2 or 3 V8 Supercars I would be happy. Or just bathurst on its own 👍 Damn it please give us Bathurst!

+1

BTCC would be great as well.
 
Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but the correct french name is 24 Heures du LeMans,
with LeMans being the little town near which the event is held.
The french word for world is 'monde' NOT 'mans.
So, in future please check your facts before crapping on people:idea:

Oops! http://www.lemans.org/

Not that following one's own advice is done much, here, anyway! :rolleyes:
 
Oops! http://www.lemans.org/

Not that following one's own advice is done much, here, anyway! :rolleyes:

LOL, *hangs head in shame*, you are right it is indeed 24 heures du mans.
Still the town is called Le Mans and it has nothing to do with world.
I guess being half right is better than being all wrong.
Thanks for the correction, I will endeavour to get MY fact right next time:idea:
 
Another vote for V8Supercars here.
 
I think a DLC with a bunch of nice premium cars(not necessarily supercars or hypercars - Zonda F for example :P) and 1 or 2 new tracks.
 
It's not so much another series I want to see even though BTCC, LMS, ALMS, WTCC, Formula Renault/Ford/etc and a decent one-make race series for most manufacturers would be great, I think more TRACKS need to be implemented first. With more tracks you'd be able to start expanding into different series (Brands Hatch, Oulton Park for BTCC, Long Beach, Milwaukee(?) Mile for Indy Car)
 
I'd prefer they sorted out their various current race series' first!
 
+1:tup:

Mind you, in a GAME, you might have problems if you become a stickler for the exact same tracks and cars. That's an awful lot of modeling to do for just ONE section of the game.

Maybe, rather than a car 'series', we need to have more of a car 'mode'? I mean, series can often change venue, depending on circumstances, and often change the car rules, but the 'MODE' of racing remains. That is why I like LeMans or ALMS, because it offers an entire MODE that GT5 doesn't currently cover... Mixed class racing.

Little needs to be done to implement it other than having class requirements (hp/weight, etc.) and then scoring to be broken out into those classes, but once done, just about ANY track could host it, and a variety of cars could participate. It would then offer, I consider, a SIGNIFICANT update to GT5, where having an incomplete 'real' race series, with incomplete tracks and incomplete cars isn't really going to satisfy anyone...

But I'd sure like to be racing a GT-R or LP560 or even an RUF around, while others are driving R8 TDI's, and Speed8's around on track at the same time.

Or vice versa!
 
Australian V8, DTM(complete and more accurate), the old Group C rally events with more old Group C rally cars, Dakar stuff, a more accurate and diverse Super GT (include GT300 from other manufacturers) and American Le Mans series, including all GT categories and prototypes.


You forgot the ones up till 2009. Anyone else recognise that 406?

Gran Turismo 2!!!! I love it!!
 
Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but the correct french name is 24 Heures du LeMans,
with LeMans being the little town near which the event is held.
The french word for world is 'monde' NOT 'mans.
So, in future please check your facts before crapping on people:idea:

Actually, you're both wrong. It's '24 heures du Mans' in French. The little town to which the race is located is called Le Mans, not LeMans.
You should both check your facts before posting.
 
V8 Supercars
 
Just how many cars and how many tracks do we expect before we are going to be happy?

BTTC, how many tracks and cars from that do you want?
Australian V8's, same thing
WRC, ditto...

Now let's be realistic and ask ourselves if ANY of these are likely, or if we get anything at all, it isn't going to annoy us like the half baked NASCAR or DTM or JTCC we already have?

You usually have to pay for an entire GAME to get the full set of cars and tracks (F1 2010 is a good example). I don't think we are being too realistic here.
 
I would love some FIA GT1- driving the Vitaphone Maserati MC12 (or a Sumo Power GT-R) in cockpit would be amazing.
 
You might want to check out Shift 2 Unleashed, soon to be out, then...

Officially licensed FIA GT1.

Talk about a new 'pro' mode physics model, nerfed out of the original Shift by EA apparently, too. Plus Bathurst...

Seems a shame that GT5's competitors seem more on the ball about what gamers want than Kaz and his 40 Skylines...
 
Just how many cars and how many tracks do we expect before we are going to be happy?

BTTC, how many tracks and cars from that do you want?
Australian V8's, same thing
WRC, ditto...

Now let's be realistic and ask ourselves if ANY of these are likely, or if we get anything at all, it isn't going to annoy us like the half baked NASCAR or DTM or JTCC we already have?

You usually have to pay for an entire GAME to get the full set of cars and tracks (F1 2010 is a good example). I don't think we are being too realistic here.

I know what you mean, the work involved just implementing one series, with it's cars and tracks, is enormous.

When I say V8Supercars Australia, I mean this:-

Us Aussies have gotten almost nothing so far. "Anything" would be an improvement so you only need two car models (Ford FG Falcon and Holden VE Commodore) with different skin paints and one track in particluar (Bathurst of course). I'd be happy with that. Anything else like Phillip Island, Adelaide, Hidden Valley, etc, would be an awesome bonus.

I still am (and likely always will be) very annoyed that they kept the two Holdens (VY SS and CV8 Monaro) from GT4 but dropped the two FPV's (Ford Performance Vehicles GT and F6 Typhoon). We were hoping for a couple more cars and ended up getting a couple less 👎
 
A proper WRC and a Porsche Cup.
 
WTCC, BTCC, DTCC and Super V8, and maybe trucks
And I don't mean Pick up trucks
images


Somehow Formula1 does not belong in GT.
But that's just My opinion
 
Goodwood Hill climb
Pikes Peak Hill Climb
Mille Miligia
Dakar
Baja 1000
Targa Newfoundland
24 hours of LeMons
 
Im with the others with BTCC and the likes :3

Hillclimb could be cool, but I think forced manual would have to be put in place.
 
I think for some hillclimb it would have to be license-style "on the grass and you're DQ" as well.

Certainly the Goodwood one, else it's waaaaaaaaay too short.

Pikes Peak, not so much
 
American LeMans Series (ALMS) would be a great fit for this game. There are already plenty of the cars required to do it, so really no new cars (or not many) would need to be modeled. A few tracks would need to be added - Sebring, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, etc. - but that's not in any way a bad thing!

Don't really care about F1 - we've already got FGT, and F1 seems to be both covered with their licensing (there's already an official F1 game) AND quite persnickety about the licensing as well. IndyCar is... well, it's IndyCar. Is it even around anymore? Frankly, if they were going to add bikes, I'd rather they just went ahead and added the big-rig truck racing.

British Touring Cars would be fun, and would fit in with the DTM and the JGTC cars. Aussie Touring Cars, too - and we've already got the Falcon XR8, so why the heck not?

Anyone remember a PS1 game called Sports Car GT? You basically started off in a Formula Vee car and worked your way up through GT3, GT2, GT1, etc., until you were running Esperante GT-Rs and the like. Be kinda nice to have something like that in the game.
 
Back