The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Here's my best effort from the last run on the NCS, 6th place on console division so even though most of the big boys didn't bother for this round it was pretty good.. just pit pissed messing up the last sector on this lap but at least the mid sector was really good...

Gave it probably 5 hours still on monday but I was out by millimeter on every damn lap I was about to improve...

This view came familiar during this event :banghead::banghead:

Project CARS_20161024190137.jpg

and if not there I was out on the last chicane entry in a similar way :D freaking awesome....

But yeah here's the lap if anyone is interested :cheers:

EDIT: Oh yeah I came 12th on console in the overall results :D 👍

@ODB Good to see you doing well. 👍

Gave that TT a go on PC, struggling to get a decent lap together. Last sector I struggle with most, especially last corner. Been a few times close to 1:50's but mess it up there. Scraped into current top 15 just about, been a while since I last played. Don't think I will take part in the race even if I make it, never done an online race on this game so doubt I would do well unless I put serious amount of effort into it.

@ODB Good to see you doing well. 👍

Yeah thanks mate :) last sector was REALLY hard but I luckily managed few decent ones on sunday...

Gave that TT a go on PC, struggling to get a decent lap together. Last sector I struggle with most, especially last corner. Been a few times close to 1:50's but mess it up there.

Yeah the last sector was a killer and I think on PS4 LB it came down almost interily to the S3 because difference in top 15 was under 3 tenths and unless you almost nailed the last sector you'd loose at least that 3 tenhs...

never done an online race on this game so doubt I would do well unless I put serious amount of effort into it.

Heheh yeah well I think I have to practice like half mad for the next few weeks to have some sort of change lol, I'm probably not that far guessing my competition is probably gonna be pretty tough :D

Here's my lap for 7th place on PS4 LB

Oh yeah heheh I think there's 5 guys from my team in the races :D 1/3 of the grid not bad :lol::lol:

ODB
Yeah thanks mate :) last sector was REALLY hard but I luckily managed few decent ones on sunday...

Yeah the last sector was a killer and I think on PS4 LB it came down almost interily to the S3 because difference in top 15 was under 3 tenths and unless you almost nailed the last sector you'd loose at least that 3 tenhs...

Heheh yeah well I think I have to practice like half mad for the next few weeks to have some sort of change lol, I'm probably not that far guessing my competition is probably gonna be pretty tough :D

Here's my lap for 7th place on PS4 LB

Oh yeah heheh I think there's 5 guys from my team in the races :D 1/3 of the grid not bad :lol::lol:

Good lap. It's quite hard to see in cockpit view too the last sector corners, probably need to switch to bonnet cam. It was good for a change to have a potential to be within a few tenths of world record speed on a long lap compared to rFactor 2 with an easier to drive car to be losing something like 6 tenths in a simple corner.

I looked at leaderboard and saw I finished 21st in the end, at least ahead of your CAR drivers on PC. IIRC bbb0x is a Forza alien? So many familiar names on the leaderboards on PC and PS4. Your time would put you 19th on PC so I can imagine PC races being seriously competitive and likewise on PS4. I wonder if all drivers in top 15 actually pre-registered, I'm hoping to win a GoPro camera myself. Best of luck getting first place, if you do win, you could probably use the money to buy yourself a track day car or upgrade your sim rig like discussed before. ;)

Only 1/3 of the grid? I imagine a bit like Agent Smith cloning in The Matrix Revolutions, probably nearly all the drivers will be CAR drivers come race day. :lol:

Good lap. It's quite hard to see in cockpit view too the last sector corners, probably need to switch to bonnet cam.

I like the bonnet but I know people who are really fast from cockpit too... I used to use bumper view in GT6 so I'm not very used to seeing the interior of the car, mostly use cockpit if I'm hotlapping just for fun, to me it's easier to be fast from bonnet...

Your time would put you 19th on PC so I can imagine PC races being seriously competitive and likewise on PS4.

Pretty sure that PC was faster in this round (as it has been in most of the events I've done) can't believe that players on PS would somehow just be so much worse drivers they are 6 tenhs slower lol :D

ODB
I like the bonnet but I know people who are really fast from cockpit too... I used to use bumper view in GT6 so I'm not very used to seeing the interior of the car, mostly use cockpit if I'm hotlapping just for fun, to me it's easier to be fast from bonnet...

Pretty sure that PC was faster in this round (as it has been in most of the events I've done) can't believe that players on PS would somehow just be so much worse drivers they are 6 tenhs slower lol :D
It doesn't matter too much the views regarding speed, I prefer the cockpit view myself on pCARS.

Looks the same speed to me, don't think anyone on PS4 did an amazing lap so looks all a lot closer. A lot of PC times were similar with only one exceptional lap. There is not much in it on PS4 so a lot of practice on tracks selected for the races could give you an advantage although most likely there will be quite a few others doing the same. Best of luck. 👍

Looks the same speed to me,

Does 50.9 and 50.4 look same to you mate :D half a second is like a lightyear on race track AFAIK...

don't think anyone on PS4 did an amazing lap so looks all a lot closer.

There's 1500£ on stake and you don't think people weren't going after this with full vigor? I mean when the difference in the whole top 15 on PS was the same as the difference between 1st and 5th on PC doesn't that actually mean that PS had much much tighter competition?? Or is it just coincidence and people on PS just happened to all be so crap at driving we all landed within .250 from each others?? must've been some sort of telepathy going on there or something :D

But yeah doesn't really matter at all, thing that matters is that I made it and now I just need to do some practice to get familiar with the car and tracks...

ODB

Yeah PC is faster mate it always has been

ODB
Does 50.9 and 50.4 look same to you mate :D half a second is like a lightyear on race track AFAIK...

There's 1500£ on stake and you don't think people weren't going after this with full vigor? I mean when the difference in the whole top 15 on PS was the same as the difference between 1st and 5th on PC doesn't that actually mean that PS had much much tighter competition?? Or is it just coincidence and people on PS just happened to all be so crap at driving we all landed within .250 from each others?? must've been some sort of telepathy going on there or something :D

But yeah doesn't really matter at all, thing that matters is that I made it and now I just need to do some practice to get familiar with the car and tracks...
None of the CAR drivers on PC got within a second on PC. IIRC some of the really fast drivers on PS4 didn't compete too, maybe they didn't know about event / register in time for it or chose a different platform to compete on.

Only top 15 place needed, PS4 ranking looked like it had slower closer competition. Looking at Tidgney's video, he mentioned he had tons of goes where he was ahead of the 1:50.9 and looking at how far back ghost was in the mirror, maybe by about 2 tenths or so. Hard to judge as I wasn't using same view. I had quite a few goes where I was up on a 1:50.9 on PC though. Only one person on PC managed a mega lap which is only level of say top final GT Academy laps where it is close to max what is possible. Don't know about Xbox version though. I would have given it a go on PS4 if I had PS4 compatible wheel to check out the difference.

None of the CAR drivers on PC got within a second on PC. IIRC some of the really fast drivers on PS4 didn't compete too, maybe they didn't know about event / register in time for it or chose a different platform to compete on.

Only top 15 place needed, PS4 ranking looked like it had slower closer competition. Looking at Tidgney's video, he mentioned he had tons of goes where he was ahead of the 1:50.9 and looking at how far back ghost was in the mirror, maybe by about 2 tenths or so. Hard to judge as I wasn't using same view. I had quite a few goes where I was up on a 1:50.9 on PC though. Only one person on PC managed a mega lap which is only level of say top final GT Academy laps where it is close to max what is possible. Don't know about Xbox version though. I would have given it a go on PS4 if I had PS4 compatible wheel to check out the difference.

None of the CAR drivers was doing it on PC mate, box only just got the game and gave it a try 👍

Last edited:
Back