The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
From what i've seen it looks absolutely amazing, but recent ubergraphical games have been toned down at their release so it's just a scenario that's stuckin my head

I saw the game live on PS4 here in Finland and it looked really really great (imo better than it looks on my pc :P - prolly because of the fancy tv though.. ). You shouldn't fear it looking bad.. not at all!

Before Driveclub was released I wasn't that impressed with the videos on YouTube even at the highest resolution due to the pretty awful video compression. It looked great in the end. The PS4 videos I've seen are ok but probably don't do the game justice. Some aren't even uploaded at 60fps and those that are suffer from some YouTube compression.

The best thing SMS could do is to publish their own short video of relatively uncompressed gameplay footage from the PS4 and XB1 and get it on YouTube at the best quality possible.

If you buy a racing/driving game/simulator because of grafics you´re doing it wrong...

To each their own my friend. I won't be buying Project Cars for that reason because it has so much other stuff going for it. But graphics totally do matter and, let's be honest, many people probably wouldn't be playing Driveclub if they didn't. Myself included.

If you buy a racing/driving game/simulator because of grafics you´re doing it wrong...
Really? Who knows people's reasons?
I just hope the frame rate will be steel solid in the game. That should be numero uno priority in this generation!
Just had a strange feeling that Xone will eventually beat PS4 in frame rate in this game.
I hope I'm wrong, meaning both platforms will succeed.

Really? Who knows people's reasons?
I just hope the frame rate will be steel solid in the game. That should be numero uno priority in this generation!
Just had a strange feeling that Xone will eventually beat PS4 in frame rate in this game.
I hope I'm wrong, meaning both platforms will succeed.

I don't know if that's technically possible. Every multiplatform game up to now has proven the PS4 to clearly be the more powerful system. Even with the Xbox One's slight power bump from freeing up Kinect resources, it still can't really touch the PS4.

Its quite CPU bound though, I've talked about the CPU on consoles before and the issues with them. I don't want to get into this because I know what will happen. By the way I really hope Dx12 does get imported into PCARS because it tripled the frame rate on test demos at the windows 10 event, if it does turn out to work like that I probably won't have to buy an i7 CPU and save me some money although I would need windows 10 so maybe not :grumpy:

The CPU on both consoles are literally the same processor, the only difference is that the XB1 version is at a lower clock speed. The GPU in the PS4 is a bit beefier, but considering how developers are warping their heads around the ESRAM on the XB1, there is little to no difference between the two. (with the exception of more grass on GTA V, that is all).

The CPU on both consoles are literally the same processor, the only difference is that the XB1 version is at a lower clock speed. The GPU in the PS4 is a bit beefier, but considering how developers are warping their heads around the ESRAM on the XB1, there is little to no difference between the two. (with the exception of more grass on GTA V, that is all).

Double as much GPU cores aren't just "a bit buffier". The ESRAM is a bottleneck, not a advantage. And Xbone's CPU runs at higher speeds, not lower.

Its quite CPU bound though, I've talked about the CPU on consoles before and the issues with them. I don't want to get into this because I know what will happen. By the way I really hope Dx12 does get imported into PCARS because it tripled the frame rate on test demos at the windows 10 event, if it does turn out to work like that I probably won't have to buy an i7 CPU and save me some money although I would need windows 10 so maybe not :grumpy:
Whoa!! Triple the framerates? Damn, my system will be good for 20 years then:sly: Do you have a link to this info? I haven't really followed Dx development.

If one can watch that train of cars off in the distance just after the 2 minute mark in the video and it doesn't set your pulse racing, please check your pulse, you may be dead and not know it:sly:

Last edited:
Whoa!! Triple the framerates? Damn, my system will be good for 20 years then:sly: Do you have a link to this info? I haven't really followed Dx development.
It would require the game to be built from the ground up for it to have full effect but with how adaptable PCARS engine is there would be benifits and they have mentioned it on there FAQ on the website, same benefits apply to mantle as that progresses
img_0514_1024.0.0.png

Best explanation
http://www.littletinyfrogs.com/article/460524/DirectX_11_vs_DirectX_12_oversimplified

Back