The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Don't mind the "this is or this is not a sim" BS. Just watch the fight for P2 with the AI:

One thing to keep in mind when watching that video. Empty Box is a top notch sim pilot he's far beyond the average or even above average player. So if he can find Alien AI that are challenging and on his pace, there's little doubt the rest of us Earthlings will be able to find something that suit our needs as well.

One thing to keep in mind when watching that video. Empty Box is a top notch sim pilot he's far beyond the average or even above average player. So if he can find Alien AI that are challenging and on his pace, there's little doubt the rest of us Earthlings will be able to find something that suit our needs as well.
Also keep in mind that this is one of the AI's slower tracks.

Don't mind the "this is or this is not a sim" BS. Just watch the fight for P2 with the AI:

For anyone who listened to what he was saying and has played/plays the game, how accurate is he on the floaty feeling of some of the road cars?

A bit of a shame that he's says it's less realistic than several other games, although I hope it's just that he was using a less developed car

A bit of a shame that he's says it's less realistic than several other games, although I hope it's just that he was using a less developed car

I think that just goes down into the realm of guys that take racing virtual cars in virtual tracks waaaay too seriously. I played some Project Cars (an ancient build, months ago) and iRacing in a friend's rig and enjoyed both.

Last edited:
Most people who play a lot of iracing seem to think that the sim means it's difficult to drive, which isn't true. So I would take his statement with a grain of salt.

Also, as we are on topic of physics, today one of the formula 2 champions, Luciano Bacheta, said this about formula A car:

"In my opinion the car is one of the best versions of simulated F1 I have driven outside of a factory F1 simulator, and with some small changes as detailed above it can be incredibly accurate. "

Most people who play a lot of iracing seem to think that the sim means it's difficult to drive, which isn't true. So I would take his statement with a grain of salt.

Also, as we are on topic of physics, today one of the formula 2 champions, Luciano Bacheta, said this about formula A car:

"In my opinion the car is one of the best versions of simulated F1 I have driven outside of a factory F1 simulator, and with some small changes as detailed above it can be incredibly accurate. "
Is that from the WMD forums or do you have a link?

There seems to be quite a few people that play other sims that are now trying Project CARS and making videos comparing it to other PC sims. Mostly saying physics in pCars are almost there, but not spot on. What if these other PC sims have had it wrong since the beginning?

Always remember if you haven't done something for real you don't know what it is like. Like saying a certain car should be less forgiving on initial power. It doesn't matter if were talking about a game, buying a new car, or working in a new industry. If you only have "virtual" experience you simply don't know.

Just a thought 👍

Yes and no. There are mistaken perceptions that arise from other sims, like you say -- the idea that a sim isn't realistic unless it's "difficult", for example -- but you don't necessarily need hands-on experience to have a pretty accurate idea of how a given car should react to various inputs. If you can describe handling manners in concrete terms, there are objective "truths" to car control that can be debated, learned, or tested within a game. The key is to have an open mind about it.

For years, every sim has had flaws that are pretty easy to detect. We may, however, be approaching a point where all the top sims are close enough that it becomes more difficult to tell the difference without experience. I wouldn't know yet, as I haven't had a chance to try any of the latest crop -- AC, RF2, iRacing, GSC, or PCARS. Or even FM5, if that belongs in the list.

Yes and no. There are mistaken perceptions that arise from other sims, like you say -- the idea that a sim isn't realistic unless it's "difficult", for example -- but you don't necessarily need hands-on experience to have a pretty accurate idea of how a given car should react to various inputs. If you can describe handling manners in concrete terms, there are objective "truths" to car control that can be debated, learned, or tested within a game. The key is to have an open mind about it.

For years, every sim has had flaws that are pretty easy to detect. We may, however, be approaching a point where all the top sims are close enough that it becomes more difficult to tell the difference without experience. I wouldn't know yet, as I haven't had a chance to try any of the latest crop -- AC, RF2, iRacing, GSC, or PCARS. Or even FM5, if that belongs in the list.
I totally agree about common knowledge. Some things are common knowledge and anyone who understands those basic physics can detect a problem. I was more referring to people who make claims about how a specific car does this or doesn't do that.

EmptyBox isn't one of those people (he's actually quite critical of the poorer aspects of iRacing). He is one of the few people in the sim racing community that I actually believe. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is far more level headed and objective than many of the armchair racing experts you'll find.

Personally I don't care about damage.
But I can see alot of disappointment comming this way.
About how it is not realistic enough.

Back