The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
There isn't any rubber banding so please stop saying there is.

way different behaviour of cars from the other video. In the other video there was.

Questions:

Same version?
Same AI Level?
Is AI behaving same way on all tracks?
Does overflooding the track with cars (in other video 64?) makes the games step down the AI to be able to run all of them?

edit:spelling

way different behaviour of cars from the other video. In the other video there was.

Questions:

Same version?
Same AI Level?
Is AI behaving same way on all tracks?
Does overflooding the track with cars (in other video 64?) makes the games step down the AI to be able to run all of them?

edit:spelling
1. Yes same version
2. Slightly higher 1 click more
3. No they still struggle on certain tracks.(struggle on tight or narrow tracks)
4. No they dont step down but it just exgarates the flaws. due to ai creating a chain like reaction or tail back.

This was really bad; noticed rubber banding too after the drivers made a mistake surrounding cars were slowing down... it this due to the difficulty level the video recorder chose? is also normal for ai to get stuck in an uber pack crashing like he showed at the beginning or just a track/configuration problem?
if you are going to make comments like that then a specific time stamp would be useful so others can see what you are talking about. I've re-watched that video and don't see what you are criticising it for. There are several crashes where a pile of cars are involved and a pile of cars have slowed in order to navigate past the mess. Good reasons for slowing down and proper race rules behaviour AFAICT. But to make a claim like "rubber banding" is a totally unfair and unfounded criticism and changing the term used to criticise to bandesque does not make it any the more accurate or fair. There are plenty of reasons the cars slow and don't pull away full throttle a massive pile up blocking the track being the main one. :dunce:

No, driver went on grass when side by side on 2 other cars, the 2 AI were alone and unschated, yet slowed down terribly to avoid pulling away from the driver. this is rubber banding at the worst. Not talking about the beginning, but a couple mins on.

Concerning the 64 drivers on track, maybe the AI i better with less cars on track? What i saw there is beyond terrible thinking it's a recent build and PC is out in one month...

Can we have a Video with Fast AI and a lower number of cars?
There isn't any rubber-banding. Unless you are an WMD member and have experienced it, but I haven't and don't know of any other WMD member that has experienced rubber-banding.

Project CARS gameplay with graphics settings on ultra. The video is a onboard lap at Hockenheim circuit with the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster.

There are some times that the driver's arms stop turning and the steering wheel continue. Aside from that I really like the driver's movement as well as the graphics

Are they going to do something else with the Carbon Fiber, it just doesn't look right.
From my experience in composites carbon often does not come out of a mould shiny. To get the shine they may clear gel coat or polish it like mad. So depending on the construction process it can be Matte or shiny.
The light hitting it also makes look a bit different.

Might be biased a little but pcars has better chase cam :P

Like both of those sounds.. I personally can't say which is more realistic overall.

Might be biased a little but pcars has better chase cam :P

Like both of those sounds.. I personally can't say which is more realistic overall.
Agreed, I cannot use chase cam in AC, car movement looks very strange - more so while playing than looking at this particular video. I occasionally like to switch to chase cam in my racing sims for the sounds (especially R3E/DTM).

From my experience in composites carbon often does not come out of a mould shiny. To get the shine they may clear gel coat or polish it like mad. So depending on the construction process it can be Matte or shiny.
The light hitting it also makes look a bit different.
That may be true, but the bottom line is that I have seen the real version of the cars that I am speaking of and PCARS is just not doing it right and the funny thing is that other games are so this is just wrong and there should be no excuses, that should just fix it.

^ In what way is it "just wrong" and "just doesn't look right"? A little more concrete description might be something to bring over to WMD :)

Compared to e.g. this video it doesn't look too far off to me. There's more light in the pCARS video above, but other than that, the texture and shininess isn't way off IMO.

Edit: I must add that I haven't had the good fortune to see a Zonda Cinque IRL...

Last edited:
Comparison of graphics and sound between Assetto Corsa 1.0 RC and Project CARS. This is a sunset lap at Spa-Francorchamps circuit with the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 in both.

I think the lighting in PCars is more natural.

Just a friendly Project Cars video viewers request. If video creators would be able to post their videos using better quality than youtube allows it would make things so much more impressive.

There is a members upload area for gamersyde that streams videos at up to 60fps at 1080p and greater. Posting your Project Cars videos there would allow the game to be seen by more potential players at best quality.

http://www.gamersyde.com/uploadvideo.html

As an example I can see this video in 1080p 60fps using the limited PS4 browser. On the PS4 browser, Youtube only allows 720p max resolution at 30fps. Thanks if anyone can do this. It will make the next 5 months until release much more enjoyable.

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_project_cars_replay-ub98LeAwY2Tg3FoS_fr.html

Just a friendly Project Cars video viewers request. If video creators would be able to post their videos using better quality than youtube allows it would make things so much more impressive.

There is a members upload area for gamersyde that streams videos at up to 60fps at 1080p and greater. Posting your Project Cars videos there would allow the game to be seen by more potential players at best quality.

http://www.gamersyde.com/uploadvideo.html

As an example I can see this video in 1080p 60fps using the limited PS4 browser. On the PS4 browser, Youtube only allows 720p max resolution at 30fps. Thanks if anyone can do this. It will make the next 5 months until release much more enjoyable.

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_project_cars_replay-ub98LeAwY2Tg3FoS_fr.html
My recorder doesn't allow me to record at 60fps i can still put 1080p footage up. just say what you want and i'll record it

Back