The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
That's all good and well and props to the PS4 for getting coverage, but it would be nice to see some Xbox One footage as well. Just because I'm getting the "inferior" version of the game doesn't mean I don't want to see recent footage from the console I'll be playing on.

I'm still a bit worried that there's more issues than are being brought up with the Xbox One due to the complete lack of recent build footage from it.

Well come the the world of Ps3 owners where we never got to see any footage because the 360 was better on all multiplats titles.
I'm afraid it's the way of the world which you can't blame publishers wanting to show off the better (marginally so) version.

I dont think anyone has anything to worry about though with the xbox version

That's all good and well and props to the PS4 for getting coverage, but it would be nice to see some Xbox One footage as well. Just because I'm getting the "inferior" version of the game doesn't mean I don't want to see recent footage from the console I'll be playing on.

I'm still a bit worried that there's more issues than are being brought up with the Xbox One due to the complete lack of recent build footage from it.

I don't know if you've seen that video from VVV showing the Xbox version??? He mentioned that he had used some of that Xbox One footage in a previous preview video and no one had noticed the difference. I follow SMS on Twitter and every time they answer a question that holds any element of comparison among the 3 versions they say all 3 are treated the same. Yes, there will be a difference in resolution which will be noticeable on 40' and above inch TVs, but the game will be pretty damn good on the Xbox One!
Also, and I know this is personal, for me the Xbone controller is the one for racing (if you are not going for a wheel).

Well come the the world of Ps3 owners where we never got to see any footage because the 360 was better on all multiplats titles.
I'm afraid it's the way of the world which you can't blame publishers wanting to show off the better (marginally so) version.

I dont think anyone has anything to worry about though with the xbox version
Pretty much this. Developers always tend to show the best version of their multiplatform games (X360 last-gen and now the PS4), unless there's a marketing deal and said version looks more than okay.

Although I understand XB1 owners fears about their version of the game not being up to par performance wise with the PS4 entirely, regardless of what Alan or SMS is saying. I still remember developers, Codemasters in paticular during last-gen, ''re-assuring'' PS3 owners that their games ran just fine on the console - only to be chuggining along at a constant sub-30fps at release with worse image quality and graphical fidelity.

With that in mind, I'm not blaming anyone who isn't convinced just yet, even if I agree on the last part as well - judging purely by what've seen of the XB1 version previously. It did indeed look good.

Pretty much this. Developers always tend to show the best version of their multiplatform games (X360 last-gen and now the PS4), unless there's a marketing deal and said version looks more than okay.

Although I understand XB1 owners fears about their version of the game not being up to par performance wise with the PS4 entirely, regardless of what Alan or SMS is saying. I still remember developers, Codemasters in paticular during last-gen, ''re-assuring'' PS3 owners that their games ran just fine on the console - only to be chuggining along at a constant sub-30fps at release with worse image quality and graphical fidelity.

With that in mind, I'm not blaming anyone who isn't convinced just yet, even if I agree on the last part as well - judging purely by what've seen of the XB1 version previously. It did indeed look good.

I think it has more to do with PR contracts. The Xbox One division has Forza as their main racing game and it makes sense they put their marketing efforts into Horizon (open world) and Forza (racing simulationish) and not in a third party game. On the other hand Sony's GT is no where to be seen and their main 2015's title has already been released. I can see Sony trying to push hard with 3rd parties this year. On the other hand I believe SMS want to leave their mark with the release of PCars and this means to directly compete with Forza on Xbox One and in order to achieve this they do have to make sure Pcars is a rock solid title, otherwise in about 5 months Pcars will be a thing of the past when Forza 6 comes out, at least sales wise.

What was wrong in this vid other than first lap stuff, which is gonna be problematic no matter what? I didn't watch the whole thing, maybe there was something else?

Would be enough to mention it in the describtion.

AI is still better than real drivers in similar conditions:

yeah but he doesn't even currently tell us what build he's using, so I'm not hopeful he'll inform people he's playing a pre-gold build either. but anyway, I'll be too busy with my own career to watch the Steak for much longer 👍

yeah but he doesn't even currently tell us what build he's using, so I'm not hopeful he'll inform people he's playing a pre-gold build either. but anyway, I'll be too busy with my own career to watch the Steak for much longer 👍

I didn't start pcars since 4 weeks now..or any other game. I'm busy writing my bachelor's thesis which is due in 5 weeks. Only gaming website I'm allowing myself is gtplanet during this time :D

Hz05UVx.png

Finally! Been waiting for a while for this one. Should be good.

:D

I'm leaning towards helmet cam with helmet disabled, look to apex definitely on, blur effect probably off, unless it can be blurred in the foreground only (ie the steering wheel) as I'd like the track and background to be crisp. don't even know if that's possible. if the lens flare annoys me it'll be off too but I hope to have all the effects on, just to show it off to people, and as long as it still runs well

I'm leaning towards helmet cam with helmet disabled, look to apex definitely on, blur effect probably off, unless it can be blurred in the foreground only (ie the steering wheel) as I'd like the track and background to be crisp. don't even know if that's possible. if the lens flare annoys me it'll be off too but I hope to have all the effects on, just to show it off to people, and as long as it still runs well
From what i have read here is that the "lens flare " is on a scale so you can find a happy medium

Lens flare annoys me to no end. I'm glad I'll be able to turn it off. Same goes for the rain doplets. Looks infinitely better without them, in my opinion. Will probably also turn off the hand animation, since that was possible to do as well if I recall correctly.

From what i have read here is that the "lens flare " is on a scale so you can find a happy medium
Yes, there are a few levels. I prefer the 'subtle' level. You can turn them off completely if you really hate the effect.

Lens flare annoys me to no end. I'm glad I'll be able to turn it off. Same goes for the rain doplets. Looks infinitely better without them, in my opinion. Will probably also turn off the hand animation, since that was possible to do as well if I recall correctly.
I don't think I've seen a single video where it's been raining but the player has disabled the droplets. would be interesting to see

Back