The round-table interview with Yamauchi is perplexing

I don't understand why none of the so called journalists/reporters asked Kaz about an update on the possibility of a sound patch and whether or not it is even coming out for GT6.

What's wrong with them?
Well that would be Jordan you are talking about, and he's already asked that question in the past. No need to ask again, and I am sure they are working on it. Despite that fact, there are still several great sounding cars in the game already. (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept for example)

Yeah we've had enough confusing answers to the "sounds" question. Such a mystery! Now, lets have some confusing answers to some new, straightforward :odd: questions:

JOURNALIST- You mentioned during the presentation that you want to make GT6 more accessible to new players, and some people have noticed that some driving aids are forced on when doing things like the license tests. How do you make the game accessible to new players while also challenging to players who may have been playing for the last 15 years?

KAZ- “There is quite a bit of depth to mastering a car, and we can keep providing all sorts of events like that which challenge you through online updates, and of course people in the community can set up things like that as well.

“For first time players to Gran Turismo, it needs to be on the same level as it was in GT1, where everything was explained to them and everything was easy to do. .."

:lol: Oh now I see why SRF is forced on. In a driving sim..

Last edited:
Well that would be Jordan you are talking about, and he's already asked that question in the past. No need to ask again, and I am sure they are working on it. Despite that fact, there are still several great sounding cars in the game already. (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept for example)
There is a lot of confusion about the patch though.

Kaz has said several things about it:

GTP: So we will see some changes in that area?

KY: “Actually, we are doing research right now to generate the sounds in a completely different way. I’m not sure if it is actually going to make it into GT6 in time yet, but we’ll have to see.”

“I know there were some rumors that the sound for GT wasn’t recorded with the engine under load. That was actually true until GT4 was produced, but for GT5 all of the sounds that we’ve taken were from cars that were on a dynamometer and placed under load.

“That’s not the whole of the problem, though, and obviously that’s not good enough for GT6and for the future. We’ve been working on a new system for generating sounds for a few years now, we just haven’t made that breakthrough yet, and we’re still working. That’s what we’re aiming for – to make that breakthrough – so that we have something of a high quality to show.

“In terms of physics we were able to show that, but for sound simulation, not yet.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-engine-sounds/

"I think I mentioned this in the past, but we're really working to change the fundamental way that the engine sound works," Yamauchi said in a press event at Polyphony's offices in Tokyo. "Right now I have a feeling that it might not make it for day one for GT6."

There's still hope that improved audio will be patched in at a later date. "There's a good possibility that we might do this," Yamauchi said when pressed on whether it'll be part of the post-release support, and Gran Turismo at least has good form in this regard - Gran Turismo 5 benefited from a series of updates that resulted in a much improved version 2.0."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-17-gran-turismo-6s-audio-likely-to-be-patched-post-release

And then when asked about it he said:

GTP: On the subject of things which may come after release, you recently mentionedthat engine sounds will most likely be changed in an update after the release of GT6. As you know, that’s a big area of interest to many fans out there – can you explain how difficult it is to create satisfying engine sounds, and why it is such a big project?

“We’re still in the process of making the engine sounds, so I’d rather wait and comment on that after it is complete.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-tamir-moscovici-interview-jff-2013/

And then more recently the American producer during the First Love q&a only said that they wanted to improve it in "the future."

The future could be GT7.

Why not ask him about it?

How hard is it just to ask "is the update planned for gt6 or gt7?"

doubt it will be in a patch. they probably need to re-record the sounds and that would be a lot of work

Both Kaz and the US producer have alreayd said that the sounds are correct but that there's something wrong in the way they're output so it doesn't like they'd need to rerecord them.

Does Mr. Yamauchi do some sort or racing himself ?
Did he ever managed to win a race ?

If yes/yes i would like to ask him one question.

Mr. Yamauchi, what would you think if it came to your attention that all of your opponents slowed down and let you pass.
Would you still enjoy your victory or not ?

Not gonna happen i guess...

doubt it will be in a patch. they probably need to re-record the sounds and that would be a lot of work

well if they were working on it for a while I can see it being a patch, you can update anything with a patch, sound would be no different

We need PD to be more specific about the sound patch, from the last interview they basically said "GT6 update or GT7".

PD's answers are very confusing, anyone remember the "you will be able to create your own personalised car" feature when GT6 was announced?

I hope they give us more specific answers in the future.

They said that they're working on sounds, when it happens it'll happen you won't get a definite answer from Kaz through an interview. He'll tell us when its ready

The little clip they showed tonight looked like an interesting new track is coming soon and they also mentioned an announcement coming from Kaz in a couple of days
Its likely that the new track and announcement are the same? The reason the new track was shown but couldn't be commented on might have been a concession for Kaz's not being able to attend.

Getting the marketing guy at the last minute was impressive turn around but no one in Sony NA can comment on anything New in GT... Only Eco and reword existing info.

I think Jordan should tell Kaz to base their decisions off GTPlanet, and use our suggestions and complaints to make a better game.

I seem to recall there is a very large fan-base in the country that GT originated in. :sly:
There is a good possibility that their preferences may not all be aligned or in-sync with GTP's. :lol:

I really don't see the big deal as to telling us information. They hide it as if they are sitting there, blowing 60 million for a "few years". I got news for you, Mario kart has better sounding karts than what we have. It's not like they are leading the pack for sounds so why can't they ask for help. If Kaz isn't as pissed as we are, then something is wrong mentally with him. I just don't see why he can't be prepared every single interview, and actually answer questions.

The only time I see CEO's or executives not answer a question is when they are under legal scrutiny, and PD ain't under no ones thumb. There are games from new companies that have started from the time GT5 was released till now which have a better system than what we have now. We really need a fine toothed comb and pick out what we like and what we don't.

We also need reliable sources from PD, as really I haven't seen one of the fist citations from them. Ooh wait, that's right, they don't say anything to cite, other than the Trademark of their name...

It's a joke that has been turned into a mob. If this was government, people would be dead in the war for speech (sound).

I am not holding my breath on sounds to be updated any time soon, don't think until GT7.

PS3 RAM is what 256MB? ?

If they did improve the sounds for most of the cars, what would PD need to cut down on in GT6 to make the sounds a reality? There is only so much/pushing of the PS3 hardward they can do without having to cut down on quality somewhere.

I don't know where I am going with this so oh well, my ****** two cents in this

I am not holding my breath on sounds to be updated any time soon, don't think until GT7.

PS3 RAM is what 256MB? ?

If they did improve the sounds for most of the cars, what would PD need to cut down on in GT6 to make the sounds a reality? There is only so much/pushing of the PS3 hardward they can do without having to cut down on quality somewhere.

I don't know where I am going with this so oh well, my ****** two cents in this
You are right soo your two cents just bout you a sticker..

Does Mr. Yamauchi do some sort or racing himself ?
Did he ever managed to win a race ?

If yes/yes i would like to ask him one question.

Mr. Yamauchi, what would you think if it came to your attention that all of your opponents slowed down and let you pass.
Would you still enjoy your victory or not ?

Not gonna happen i guess...

You are pulling our leg, right? Educate yourself a bit, then ask again. Not going to happen I guess...

He has a valid question as to why the AI slow down 20 seconds at times to allow you to catch up and then win..

The answer to that is because it's rubberbanding and it allows the AI to adapt to the skills of the player. At the end of the day it's a game, and a business plan where 30% of all players are always losing and 30% are always winning is a bad business plan. The AI needs to be different to different players and rubberbanding is one way of doing that. The problem with it is that it's not perceived as fair play, because in our minds the opponents should to their very best at all times.

And then there's some tweaking issues: Should the AI aim to be right where you're at, aim to be two seconds ahead of you, or aim to be two seconds behind you? Should it change during the course of the race? Should there be a near to scripted story where there's a close fight with the AI in which the player always emerges as the winner?

To compare these issues with a real race is pointless, because in real racing it's simple: let the best man or woman win.

Last edited:
I made peace with myself, by accepting the sounds that GT5 and GT6 provide as is. Want better sounds for this game? you won't get what you ask for, there ARE legal reasons from Sony (the dynasty that dictates everything surrounding their IP's), and car manufacturers with OTHER existing publishers, namely Microsoft , EA, and others, where strict NDA and corporate rules dictate what can be brought to the masses.

This is just a tip of the reasons behind the no sounds answered by Kaz, because not even Kaz is at liberty to do whatever he wants within a controlled Domain.

don't like the sounds? make your own game! easier said than done, I know, but you can! and they won't let you have Porsche either!

Better engine sounds are not coming to gt6 it will be an update for GT7 soon. we will have to live with the digital sounds

Latest Posts

Back