The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
It's windy and snowing. :irked:
There's not much sticking around on the roads but then I went and checked one of my construction cameras...

snow.jpg

It begins. :grumpy:

Nature is back on schedule. It's getting colder. Not as cold as should be this time of year but still too cold for my taste.

It's been in the 30's all week and we got a few inches of snow over the last few hours. It's sticking around for now but will probably be gone by noon tomorrow.

In my infinite wisdom I decided to venture out to my van in flip flops. Not the best idea in retrospect.

At this rate I'm starting to worry what Spring will be like as we've had a rather wet fall so the ground is already rather saturated.

It's been rather cold this past week. But it should warm up soon as I just bought $250 worth of cold weather gear (still need a pair of bib overalls though and a couple more pairs of fleece lined pants). :lol:

It's been rather cold this past week. But it should warm up soon as I just bought $250 worth of cold weather gear (still need a pair of bib overalls though and a couple more pairs of fleece lined pants). :lol:

It's supposed to be in the 40s most of this week. Still cold, but much more tolerable.

A couple weeks late, but had quite an interesting storm during the week of October 31st. Winds of 70+ MPH hit Southern Maine and took out power for more than 400,000 people.

This is what it looked like just up the road from my apartment.
23621572_10215180157276650_6217059726830891796_n.jpg

It was considerably worse in some other parts of the state.
22853448_1656588407692743_816109037892745342_n.jpg

It's starting to get a little colder here.

Averaging around 65°F during the day and just below 50°F during the night.

All the snow is supposed to stay up north. However the bottom is going to drop out as it’s going to from the 50’s today to a high of 20f.

UK is in for a reasonable amount of snow (~20 CM) when storm Caroline rolls in tomorrow. Hasn't snowed at the levels predicted if at all in December for quite a few years.

Had our first actual snowfall. Also was the first day of calamity on the roads because half the people in this area forgot how to drive on snow covered roads.

Latest Posts

Back