The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
It's snowing right now. I like snow, it's beautiful but I don't like "snow infested roads" though. "Snow infested parking lots" on the other hand is pure heaven, if I had a RWD, which I don't.

Certainly snowing the heaviest I have seen, it's really beautiful outside but it's funny how the UK grinds to a halt every time this happens. Saw the Oldham gritters on the news again :lol:

upload_2017-12-10_10-15-50.png

Snow up to a foot deep in parts. The roads between work and home have been closing over the afternoon and the boss didn't want us ending up being stuck overnight.

Looks like a lot of the trees can't handle it. It's a wonder they haven't knocked out the power yet.

IMG_20171210_134948.jpg

IMG_20171210_140000.jpg

IMG_20171210_141917.jpg

Last edited:
Left the house at 6am for a 4 hour walk this morning. Staffordshire was looking quite beautiful in the snow in the twilight.

B0BFA45E-3A41-423D-94C8-43913E4C7A16.jpeg
683E6E69-8552-48CD-83AF-3BE43A43A5AE.jpeg
C2F45FDF-D380-4E58-B5C9-D68305F67AD0.jpeg
B9295440-F5D1-4B14-BFB3-4881D65A88BA.jpeg
11C7D3C8-048C-43A9-BB1B-71350111A5C8.jpeg

We have a lot of that white stuff as well. Looks the same over here (around 15 - 20cm of snow). Aaand very strong winds at the moment.

Lots of snow. Love it! Only three problems though.

1. I have exams this week, so I haven't had as much time in it as I'd like.
  2. My injured toe has slightly reduced my mobility, so my snowman building skills are compromised slightly.
  3. It has now caused a power cut. I'm trying to revise by torch light, but instead wasting my phone battery and Mobile data by making posts like this.

last night north Yorkshire was predicted to get about 10cm it said. woke up this morning to nothing and then we had very light snow all day not enough to settle.

It's snowing right now. I like snow, it's beautiful but I don't like "snow infested roads" though. "Snow infested parking lots" on the other hand is pure heaven, if I had a RWD, which I don't.
I was wrong, I love driving on (in) the snow even with a FWD. :D

Last edited:
I had fun on the way home today, and the 130i hasn’t got stuck once. Makes the purchase of the LSD a few years even more justified.

5a2f0420df7f9.image.jpg

This railroad car between the Mt. Hayes Building and Kelly's Alaska Motor Inn could not stand up to the near hurricane force winds. Multiple anemometer towers in the MDC recorded wind gusts to 73 mph.

I measured snow depth on the table on my back patio this afternoon. This is accumulation since Tuesday, but almost all of it fell overnight Tuesday.
20171216_131154.jpg

It reached 50°F here today. Going to get much colder by the weekend, but no signs of snow for X-Mas. :(

Last edited:
The last few days turned chilly. Cool enough for a jacket even. Certainly winter has begun in sunny Thailand, although it’s still fairly warm during the days.

I expect in the next few hours when I arrive in China it’ll be icy cold and my nips will fall off.

We've been spoiled so far so I can't complain too much but highs below zero and five inches of snow in my driveway sucks.

TB
We've been spoiled so far so I can't complain too much but highs below zero and five inches of snow in my driveway sucks.
You can have some of the freezing drizzle we have forecast if you like

Maybe someone here who knows much more about weather than I do can shed some light on this, but I am seriously confused here. Here in Pittsburgh it's a windy 30 degrees, likely snowing, but it's also sporadically thundering and lightning at the same time.

I'm 21 years old and this is the first time I've ever come across this in my entire life that I can remember. I had no idea this was possible. I'm more confused than a robot in front of a urinal over this right now.

Latest Posts

Back