The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,558 comments
Hailstorm during the day, snowing at night. Sometimes it snows in April!

England April Snow 2021.jpg

We've had a solid couple weeks of rain and showers starting 3 weeks ago. This past week has finally been decently dry. Storms coming back in Tuesday.

And our first high temp so far since winter, likely going for 90 tomorrow and hit about 86 today.

Okay, it's getting warmer and warmer. A little over 21° today and even hotter the next few days.

Okay, it's getting warmer and warmer. A little over 21° today and even hotter the next few days.
I wish that was temperature everyday.

Currently 68 F here in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. Overcast with a chance of spotty showers midday throughout the evening where we reach a high of 71 degrees. Heading for a low of 58 with cloudy skies overnight.

Me when it's been under 50 for months and it suddenly decides to be 84:

6PBnYg_59gTi7zamloy8Piz0dZc=.gif

Funnily enough my home office just reached 87° after months of being a comfortable temperature and I hate every second of it. It's only just hit ~82 outside so I dread to think what it's going to be like in here if/when it reaches into the high 90s like it did last year.

Now I await the people from Arizona/Texas/Australia telling me that they wear coats when it's 100° out and that they shower in fire every morning.

Last edited:
It's 100F right now, thankfully my apartment is partially below ground so I'm able to stay comfortable with a couple fans and leaving the blinds close.

Already about 80F here with a high of 90 predicted today. But now it looks like it will be high 80s with a chance of storms for the whole week.

My bad. Thought I was somewhere else. Lol
It was meant for the General Model thread.
Must have smoked too much last night.

Last edited:
Cold and windy. Had close to 40mm of rain last night. Today was meant to reach 12°C. Doubt it was even half that. Tomorrow is somehow, supposed to be colder.

screenshot-www.eldersweather.com.au-2021.06.09-16_20_06.png

Monsoon season is here.

“One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months.” - Forrest Gump explains it best.

Salt Lake City tied the record for all-time highest temperature today at 107. We also broke the record for the hottest June temperature ever recorded in SLC too. These aren't really the kind of records we need to be setting right now.

There was a huge thunderstorm last night. I thought the roof would come off. Normally I sleep through storms like this but this time I woke up, not for long though.

No damage and fresh water for my new lawn. :D

Breaking heat records.

Mid 90's yesterday. 100+ today and tomorrow.

:cool:

It's getting cooler again. Next week we're expecting rain, which is good for my new lawn, and much lower temperatures.

All hell has broken loose tonight. Possible tornado touchdown about 20 miles or so from me and now a confirmed tornado to the west of me by about 60-80 miles. This is the worst we've had here in the past three years.

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day (weather wise). The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the temperature is pleasant.

Back