Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I know how to get under 8:10........I just have to smoke more lol.

EDIT: NEARLY sub 8:10 but biffed it in the final sector aagghhhhh

I’ve gained a second through Flugpatz alone.

Also, where on earth do you find the leaderboards online???

Last edited:
I think I know how to get under 8:10........I just have to smoke more lol.

EDIT: NEARLY sub 8:10 but biffed it in the final sector aagghhhhh

I’ve gained a second through Flugpatz alone.

Also, where on earth do you find the leaderboards online???
i think you can only see them in the game so far

20190806194829_1.jpg

8:14.287

Currently #240

Goal: "TOP" 200. :lol:đź‘Ť

Finally a decent improvement - down to 8.21.502 in the Porsche, good for 739th. Anything back inside the top 1000 is fine by me. I am definitely braking more than I could particularly in the latter half of the track on a lot of the downhill corners, but it's such a handful to get to anything after Kareusel flawless enough to start really working on those sections.

Still, pretty happy with that time and a crash-free lap. If I get bumped out of the top 1000 again I'll shoot for below 8:20.

BB 0, ABS only.

Finally a decent improvement - down to 8.21.502 in the Porsche, good for 739th. Anything back inside the top 1000 is fine by me. I am definitely braking more than I could particularly in the latter half of the track on a lot of the downhill corners, but it's such a handful to get to anything after Kareusel flawless enough to start really working on those sections.

Still, pretty happy with that time and a crash-free lap. If I get bumped out of the top 1000 again I'll shoot for below 8:20.

BB 0, ABS only.
Brake Balance 0 for me too.

This is the last week guys!

Last week for this legendary combination: NĂĽrburgring and Porsche 930 in normal tires.

"A combo like this only happens every ten years!" :bowdown:

Make a special livery. Try to improve your lap times and save the replay to show your children your performance in this worldwide competition! :D

Good luck to everyone! :gtpflag:

(Yes, I love this track!)

I wonder what combos we will get next? I hope it’s always street cars though, race cars are not nearly as much fun for TT’s.

It also seems like the TT that includes tuning is much less popular than the non tuning one. I wonder if tuning will be phased out after this week?

I wonder what combos we will get next? I hope it’s always street cars though, race cars are not nearly as much fun for TT’s.

It also seems like the TT that includes tuning is much less popular than the non tuning one. I wonder if tuning will be phased out after this week?
I think it may have been tarnished by the cheating in the early days, but I can also see a lot of people who are put off by the idea of tuning, especially if they have little prior knowledge. Some people don't know what camber is, let alone what to do with the diff and gears. I myself haven't run it because it's a Civic and therefore one of those "phenomenal" cars that I don't get the appeal of - along with the Porsche 911, but at least that will oversteer.

I think it may have been tarnished by the cheating in the early days, but I can also see a lot of people who are put off by the idea of tuning, especially if they have little prior knowledge. Some people don't know what camber is, let alone what to do with the diff and gears. I myself haven't run it because it's a Civic and therefore one of those "phenomenal" cars that I don't get the appeal of - along with the Porsche 911, but at least that will oversteer.
I agree. I don't know anything about tuning!

I'm impressed by the turn out for these events, particularly the Nurburgring Nordschleife. A long lap to complete for any car add in a car/tire combo that doesn't make the car feel like it's on rails and I'm surprised this many have participated.

I'm super glad it's been a success and I hope this means more challenging combos in the future (even if I sometimes suck at them).

Yeah FF cars are no fun, but for me the fun was in competing with something different for once and trying to tune to make it suck less.
Also Streets of Willow is badass!

My car is pretty fast and when you trail brake you feel the wheel weighing to the countersteer side so that's kind of fun!

Last edited:

I hope Tuning never gets phased out of Time Trials mate and the players that don't like tuning, well they just have to learn on how to tuneup a car, or run the car in a Time Trial stock.

I hope Tuning never gets phased out of Time Trials mate and the players that don't like tuning, well they just have to learn on how to tuneup a car, or run the car in a Time Trial stock.

That’s the exact problem with tuning right there though, if you can’t tune a car there’s no sense in even attempting the TT, running a stock car is pointless and a waste of time. Why make an event that only a select few people can even participate in properly? You really think people are should spend weeks/months/years learning about vehicles and tuning them just to be able participate in a video game event? Seriously?

It is a fabulous idea, one of the best additions to the game.
- It's great because in this game mode it will allow us to use all the cars in the game in different combinations, so I hope there are no longer "cars without use", this is the best achievement.
- I would like that like Manufacturer and Nations, the background has a unique color, the white of the beta would look good.
-It's great to see that great participation, hopefully you can use VR !!
- That the events last less, I think it's too long, a week would be fine.

That’s the exact problem with tuning right there though, if you can’t tune a car there’s no sense in even attempting the TT, running a stock car is pointless and a waste of time. Why make an event that only a select few people can even participate in properly? You really think people are should spend weeks/months/years learning about vehicles and tuning them just to be able participate in a video game event? Seriously?
Players should learn about vehicles and tuning them up in a video game, and if they don't well they are not going to get anywhere right.

Players should learn about vehicles and tuning them up in a video game, and if they don't well they are not going to get anywhere right.

Why should they? There is basically no need to possess that sort of info for 98% of people in the world. Yet you want them to master vehicle tuning just to play a game? :lol:

What are the participation levels of the two TT’s? Anyone wanna bet the Porsche had way more players try it?

Why should they? There is basically no need to possess that sort of info for 98% of people in the world. Yet you want them to master vehicle tuning just to play a game? :lol:

What are the participation levels of the two TT’s? Anyone wanna bet the Porsche had way more players try it?
Willow Springs: 7.500 Players so far.

Just cause some people don't know how to have fun doesn't mean we shouldn't have ours. If you don't like it just stay out of it.

Also it's not a select few. Most hardcore GT players love to have to tune.

Thank you! So almost 2000 less players? I wonder how many players are within 5/10% of the time time in each one?
The numbers of NĂĽrburgring above, 9.200, it's outdated. So I think that is the basic difference right now.

Just cause some people don't know how to have fun doesn't mean we shouldn't have ours. If you don't like it just stay out of it.

Also it's not a select few. Most hardcore “OFFLINE” GT players love to have to tune.

There, I fixed that for you. ;)

No you're wrong. Honestly if someone doesn't tune their car, they can hardly call themselves a hardcore GT Player, no matter if their DR is A+

Ok, we’re done here. Have a great day. :cheers:

Well, decided to finally give the 930 Super Lap a go with no aids (only ABS) and boy is it a handful. I'm still trying to get to grips with the car but actually on my third completed lap of the Nordschleife I got a good enough time to put me in the top 300! So...

...yay? :boggled:
I think it's a very good start. đź‘Ť

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back