Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best time (I tried) with @sdi_03 setup

upload_2020-8-27_3-13-11.png

You have to ask the question why PD consistently only allow open settings for road cars and hardly ever for racing cars.

The 2014 C7 Owner's manual recommends -2.0 F -1.7 R for camber, and .05 toe-in both F/R for track day setup. Interesting. I'm way off the pace here- struggling to get slowed down.

GT tuning doesn't really correlate with reality so I wouldn't take the numbers as gospel. Also the owner manual probably isn't dealing with a C7 that's been boosted to 900 horsepower :lol:

As with all tuned road cars in GT, we are sorely lacking brake upgrades. Just brake early and get the car rotated early. If you're alien level it's worth pushing the braking point, but for us mortals, there's more time to be had with tidy lines, hitting the apex and getting on power early 👍

The Gr.1 Dragon Trail is mega fun! Surprised all the top drivers are using the Audi Gr.1 2016 model. I find the 2011 quicker generally, but oddly not on this track /TT. My go-to Gr 1, the 908, doesn't do great here either.... weird!

DTS is a very stop start track (it's basically a triangle with chicanes breaking up the straights). The hybrid Gr.1 have insane acceleration thanks to the electric boost so it's always going to be OP here. The older R18 and 908 excels in top speed tracks but acceleration and traction is (relatively) poor.

I'm more impressed by the Japanese guy hanging in top 25 with the Peugeot L750R :lol: Though he might've dropped to second page by now.

On the DTS circuit, I never finished a lap with electric boost. Which is not the case for several top 10 drivers. They start their lap with a higher level of electrical boost which allows them to finish the lap with a reserve of electric boost.

To have the same level of electric boost at the start, I had to do first a slow lap to fill up the electric boost.

Hope it helps.

On the DTS circuit, I never finished a lap with electric boost. Which is not the case for several top 10 drivers. They start their lap with a higher level of electrical boost which allows them to finish the lap with a reserve of electric boost.

To have the same level of electric boost at the start, I had to do first a slow lap to fill up the electric boost.

Hope it helps.

If you set BB to rear you can harvest more battery power. This is because only the front axle does regen so if you move brake bias away from it, it will regen more to slow down the car by the same amount. Of course you gotta balance this with reduced braking performance too.

If you set BB to rear you can harvest more battery power. This is because only the front axle does regen so if you move brake bias away from it, it will regen more to slow down the car by the same amount. Of course you gotta balance this with reduced braking performance too.

Thanks for this information :cheers:
I change the BB to 3 and it's better 👍:gtpflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back