Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you are doing it wrong way.
On the last corner there is a yellow posters on the wall. From the second last, its after th midpoint of the corner, turn in.
Try to aim your car hit the inside of the main sraight at the yellow line that runs across the track.
So when the main sraight starts, you should be inside part or the track, carrying as much as possible speed.
For the fast lap, keep it as close to the inside as possible, last turn you need to star open the steering to gain more speed.
I tested the TT with pad, and it really easy to over turn with it. This will cause the speed to slow down. :cheers:

I know it's late but just wanna say thanks for this. After using this line and your tune I finally managed to dip below 0.3 in the dying hours .... with a .298 :lol:

I always thought the clutch produced an N between shifts. I'll rig up my shifter and see. May explain why I can't even get close to the top times.

IMO, the clutch really only makes a difference if you're chasing for the top spot. I counted there are 4 upshifts over the whole lap, so maybe if it gives 0.01 advantage per shift it's only 0.04 sec over the whole lap. Even without the clutch, I'm still only around 1 sec slower than the top time (my usual gap at Tsukuba), so I don't really lose much.

In fact, in past games when I still used the G25, my clutch times were usually slower than non-clutch, because if I focus on downshifts, I mess up my braking and vice versa. So the top clutch players are actually making the game harder just for a small gain, and I respect them for that 👍

Here is my best lap for the Brands Hatch event that is currently the fastest lap in the world for anyone using a Viper.

There is about a tenth and a half more I can get but it might take over a thousand miles of practice.

Run some laps at BH in the Megane Trophy.. It's not the fastest car that's for sure but it's very consistent and easy to drive! I reckon this would be great for the online race and string smooth laps together 👍

Will try some more cars tomorrow :cheers:

Brands time with audi TT 1:28.9.
Optimum was .5xx
Yes, ff cars are bit too powerfull.
Huracan was also nice to drive, but slow :lol:

Am I the only one who is not fastest with an FF car? To me the TT is only a bit better on the straights and maintaining stability on grass, but FR cars are a bit better everywhere else. I don't think I can gain more than a few hundredths of a second in the TT
20200809_224951.jpg

yet could still gain nearly two tenths in the Viper, mostly in the second to last sector.
20200809_225033.jpg

The Viper can carry a noticeable amount more mid corner speed than the TT and that makes the biggest difference.

Reactions: CBH
World records

and so ??????? :confused: ........ what would be interesting is to tell us about your setup now that it's finished .......... even, during the current game .............. as does "sdi_03 " .......
for us who are 5 "away from those times, we could try to progress by testing them .......... or modify them to do something if they are too extreme for us.
because there, it is navel-gazing ........... it is: "wouahou .... look how fast I am going .....":lol: ... we have known it since time that you put us your videos, but us, that does not help us .....:confused:

and so ??????? :confused: ........ what would be interesting is to tell us about your setup now that it's finished .......... even, during the current game .............. as does "sdi_03 " .......
for us who are 5 "away from those times, we could try to progress by testing them .......... or modify them to do something if they are too extreme for us.
because there, it is navel-gazing ........... it is: "wouahou .... look how fast I am going .....":lol: ... we have known it since time that you put us your videos, but us, that does not help us .....:confused:

Hi. These arent @koshmare times. He just views the replays of the fastest drivers, whoever they may be, and uploads them to YouTube so that everyone can see them.

Most of these trials tend to be won by aliens who dont tend to share settings, but at least you can look at the lap and spot where they might be e.g. taking a different line on a bend (curve if you're from US).

Ok I need a little clarification here. For these Time Trial events we are allowed to tune down a car to get it in the N300 class, then have the system apply BoP to it before we race it?

I am going through all of my N300's to see which one is my best and then looked at the Meta Board (yeah I know I should look here first but I never do) only to find the most used Meta is an N400 that has been tuned down into the N300 range. Does that seem right?

Great tune @sdi_03 👍 I gave it a good run and I am nowhere near the front runners yet!... but this set up is good enough to close the gap! Thanks for sharing and saving us ages tweaking the car mate :cheers:

Here's my best lap so far but I know I can get another half a sec or so with your set up and everything cleaned up :)

I appreciate set-ups are immensely difficult, but to get started, try pausing the replays at head-on shots so that you have a good idea of their ride height and camber relative to your own and use that as a reference. Chassis roll will indicate approximately how soft the springs/roll bars are together with the dampers. If you're part of a small club, each of you could try out different avenues and then collaborate to advance.

The stock settings are so appallingly bad, particularly with the race cars and so aren't helpful to anybody so just end up compounding all sorts of other problems as well.

While setups help, if anyone thinks they are going to be magically at the top of the leaderboard just by copying the top guy's settings they are sorely mistaken. The difference between good and default setup if probably 1 second on a normal track. But the difference between good and bad technique can be 2-3 seconds. For the S-FR I just used prairano's setup, adjusted the gearing and I was 1.8 seconds behind the top leader when I posted my time (which is roughly my usual gap at Sardegna from previous FIA races). Unless it's a very quirky combo (like the Kart at Tokyo Central or i3 Northern Isle 2 weeks ago), you can gain more time by studying the top guy's replay than fussing about setups. But of course, asking for setup is much easier than trying to get better ;)

I'm far from being a tuning expert, but here are some quick "fixes" I always do to make the default setup a bit better:
- Lower ride height & stiffen spring/damper/ARB
- Less grippy tyres generally need softer values
- Drive a few laps, and adjust by 1-2 clicks (soften the end you feel is sliding first e.g. understeer -> soften front)
- Quick camber tune, I take the weight of the car in tonnes and double it (e.g. if car weighs 1000kg = 1 ton = 1x2 = use 2.0 camber -> if you need more grip on one end, increase by 1-2 clicks)
- Toe I start with -0.10 front and +0.20 rear (negative number = more oversteer, positive = more understeer)
- Downforce if available always go maximum unless it's Oval track
- LSD Decel & Initial low if car understeer, high if oversteer during turn in/apex
- LSD Accel low if car oversteer, high if understeer during corner exit
- Gearing use transmission flip* and adjust ratios so they keep the car around peak power as much as possible and top out just at peak power rpm
*Move Final max right -> move top speed min left -> move 1st gear min left -> move last gear max right -> spread out middle gears evenly -> adjust Final for top speed needed
- Brake balance is personal preference and sometimes I even move it corner by corner, just experiment

All done, close to 95% of a "perfect tune" in just around 30 mins usually ;) And the plus side is, you also learn the car & track very well in that time. Often my driving becomes so adjusted to my tune, I set faster times in it than the tunes posted on this thread despite my tune being technically "worse" :lol:

Last edited:
it's a French-English Google translation ...
but that's what I'm doing: adapting to my driving tunes from Praiano (to whom I wish a good recovery) and others who have put their garage on GTPlanet ...... (Jump-ace, fordlaser. ... etc ..... thank you to them) ..:bowdown:..... but there you go, always staying with the same setup, you end up always doing the same thing and the lap times don't go down anymore ..... ..
this is why, when I can, I try others which force me to drive differently, to change course because of another balance of the car and sometimes, that turns out to be beneficial.
and it is out of curiosity that I would like to know the setup of these "aliens" ...:bowdown:.. I might not be able to ride with them or much more slowly, but just try ..
and as said "Mr P" I content myself at 71 years of beating from time to time my "little" brother of 69 years ...:lol::lol:... and that is enough for our happiness ...... (in what concerns this game of course ...) :):)
214th anyway with the McLaren P1 .... that suits me ....... (on I do not know how many participants) :confused:
and I hope not to have angry "koshmare", I did not know that he was content to put here the videos of the best laps .....
good game and good lap times. :cheers: :gtpflag:

Hello viewerds, super ET here. :lol:
Was little busy so it took some time to hone the GT40 tune. Butt, here is my lap and tune. :cheers:
Opt was few tenths faster, so top 15 times could be possible.

Transmission, set diff to 3.5 and then top speed 200 kmh. Then individual gears and diff
I think thats the way I set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back