Tom Clancy's The Division 2

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 257 comments
Level 23 tonight, really enjoying just how much more you encounter. Buddies & I went after a 5-crate supply drop, 2 enemy factions going at it, and Fury ends up there as well with his ranged flamethrower. Difficult as can be although playing it smart helps, and fun as hell.

Finding myself still switching up from weapons, but currently on a gold ACR, M249, Mk. 17, M700 & gold MP5.

But i've yet to purchase any item. I guess that might change when hitting end-game and beyond. :odd: :lol:
Vendors sell blueprints, so I always pick those up. The odd gear piece but post-30 I rarely find items high enough.

What skills do you guys use?

I've been using the hive reviver and the assault turret since I unlocked them very early on. Great combo.

I've been using the hive reviver and the assault turret since I unlocked them very early on. Great combo.

Drone and the chem launcher. None of the skills are any good compared to the stuff in TD1, tbh.

Assault turret (aka decoy) and cluster mine (get enemies out of cover).

I use the Assault Drone and the Reviver Hive right now. For a while I was using the Sniper Turret, and that thing actually does some damage. Only downfall is that it has to be manually controlled, and that can be tough during a big skirmish. This set up will probably only be up until I reach end-game.

Assault turret and drone. Getting them focused on a big name or bigger enemy is enough to take out the smaller mobs usually.

Is there a way to upgrade lower level guns to level 30? I got a sniper rifle I really like but it’s pretty much obsolete now.

So...I just hit the Endgame.

Hot damn, I can already tell that this is going to be leagues better then the **** endgame given to us by TD1.

Is there a way to upgrade lower level guns to level 30? I got a sniper rifle I really like but it’s pretty much obsolete now.
Unfortunately not. But the game throws so much loot at you, you should have no problem encountering one you like again.

I’ve gone through at least 6 assault rifles in 3 levels because they keep getting better than what I have. Haven’t found a SMG I like better than my gold MP5 though.

My go to for pick ups seems to be the MK17. With the bonus's I have to Crit. Chance, Headshot damage, Elite Damage, and Rifle damage from the gear I have, it just tears throw pretty much anything.

I do kind of wish there was a way to redeem SHD tech points into, like, specialization points for the Invaded portion of the endgame. Because I (and probably everyone else) have a stockpile of them that are basically worth nothing in any sort of long or short term goal, and I certainly haven't felt bothered to look for the ones remaining on the map (unless they count for 100% completion or an achievement) So, a way to make them useful would be nice. But it'd probably make the specializations a joke if you're able to get a leg up.

Found a reference to the IT series the other day while navigating the sewers.

It doesn't really ever do anything, but you can pop it by shooting it lol.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the servers have been going down for maintenance every night this week around 1-2am.

But hey, it seems like it’s running slightly better than launch. Couple spots, typically underground in dark, camped spaces have had some lag.

I'm a big fan of the AKM, all I need is a larger magazine for it.
Found a gold AK-M the other day and I'm loving it as well. 28% health damage, 49% crit chance(with gear and mods), and its perk is 50% extra crit chance for 5 seconds if I kill someone with a crit shot. It eats up mostly anything so far.

I'm sad though, I have a level 25 item that I'm desperately needing to transfer out because its really underleveled, but I'll lose 23% crit chance when I do! I've been trying to wait for the same gear set as the one I'm trying to replace so that way I don't lose too much.

I do hope they add new weapons into the game.

I don't know if it would be too different from the SVD, but I would love to have the SKS in the game as a nice rifle intermediary.

Hit level 30 tonight, still have 1 mission left to upgrade the Campus, bunch of side missions and the Strongholds. When exactly does Black Tusk take over? I'm kind of enjoying the "calm" of having most everything taken over while I scavenge or take on Supply Drops.

After they land, do the other factions still hang around as well or does Tusk run them off?

Hit level 30 tonight, still have 1 mission left to upgrade the Campus, bunch of side missions and the Strongholds. When exactly does Black Tusk take over? I'm kind of enjoying the "calm" of having most everything taken over while I scavenge or take on Supply Drops.
After you complete the three strongholds.

After they land, do the other factions still hang around as well or does Tusk run them off?
Still there. Keep in mind that as long as WT4 is the max, you can play every invaded mission exactly once. After that they return to normal again. This will change after WT5 and Tidal Basin hits on Friday.

Is there a simple way to take out Hunters? Buddy and I did Wraith & Demon tonight, getting lucky, goating him out to Control Points that helped draw his attention and rushing when they attempt to heal. But, we battled for maybe 40-50 minutes against Crimson as he constantly healed; we had him at one point where he stopped healing, but he took us out before we moved in.

We're both level 30+, can get through most named mobs pretty easily. It seems like getting one of the Specializations is absolutely critical. I can't imagine the task it is to fight the duo, let alone the 4.

Hit level 30 on friday. Haven't played during the weekend.

Still got tons of missions and activities before trying out strongholds. :lol:

I keep going for the various bounties around. :dopey:

Haven't even attempted that one yet.
It's more a time-gate than an effort-gate, farming those Hyena keys takes ages (boxes reset every 24 hours). And then the caches that spawn them are limited to a region (so only three), so if RNG is not nice then you need to wait another 24h. I'll get it in the end. Side effect: I now have a gazillion True Sons/Outcast/Black Tusk keys. :D

Oh, and random Hunter scare encounters are nice. :D Really digging these treasure hunt type of events.

Back