Tom Clancy's The Division

England
Kings Lynn.
Dixon_F1
Just showed at the ubisoft conference at E3 , Did you see that?

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Last edited:
When it first started I was meh. Got interesting the more it went though. Seems like some kind of mmo shooter. I'm definitely gonna look into this.

Quietly hoping it ends up coming to PC as well, it's far from the first Ubisoft game initially announced as console only... Also hoping if it is free to play/microtransaction-laden, it's one of the less offensive pay models; i.e. not pay to win. Looks nice though.

Looks great. The concept reminds me of what Defiance is currently doing. I believe Destiny will also be doing something similar.

I don't get why this isn't coming to the PC... Really the only game I'm interested in isn't coming to the PC. I don't want to pay $500 to play it on a less powerful system.

Looks great. The concept reminds me of what Defiance is currently doing. I believe Destiny will also be doing something similar.

Yeah, I reckon Destiny is going to be something like a more grown up Borderlands with more players... Or to put it another way, an MMOFPS with procedurally generated guns and/or loot.

I don't get why this isn't coming to the PC... Really the only game I'm interested in isn't coming to the PC. I don't want to pay $500 to play it on a less powerful system.

As I mentioned in my last post, the fact that they haven't confirmed it for PC yet doesn't mean it'll never come to PC. Ghost Recon Future Soldier wasn't supposed to release on PC, nor was I Am Alive (both recent Ubisoft titles), yet both eventually made it across. I'm not saying I expect this to be on PC eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was ported a few months later.

As I mentioned in my last post, the fact that they haven't confirmed it for PC yet doesn't mean it'll never come to PC. Ghost Recon Future Soldier wasn't supposed to release on PC, nor was I Am Alive (both recent Ubisoft titles), yet both eventually made it across. I'm not saying I expect this to be on PC eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was ported a few months later.

Its dumb we would have to wait a few months even if we get it... PC gamers always get the shaft.

Eh, it happens. I wouldn't say we always get the shaft though, maybe from Ubisoft we do but I guess we've got to concede some points somewhere...! As long as we get it eventually it's all good, but I'm planning on picking up a PS4 anyway. And even if we don't get it, my Steam library has enough to keep me going for several lifetimes. I wish I was exaggerating.

Edit: And now there's this:

"@Schanihbg: @TheDivisionGame Will there be a PC version?"
"@TheDivisionGame: @Schanihbg We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles. However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future."

Source: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/344682013430804481

Which is far more promising than:

"We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are bitching about there being no version [of Ubisoft-published I Am Alive] for them," Mettra told IncGamers. "But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?"

Also, Ghost Recon Online was intended to be an un-pirate-able alternative to Ghost Recon Future Solider which was initially announced as not coming to PC because of piracy concerns. The Division looks like it'll be online anyway so piracy is less of a concern for them.

Last edited:
Looks really good, lots of potential. Hard for me to get excited for a TC type game anymore after so many disappointments, but I'm holding judgement for sure on this.

Did anyone else think the player "chatter" constant through the gameplay demo was actually singleplayer character voices?

I was blown away at how realistic is seemed. Up until they started fighting and nonchalantly laughed off things like being shot and all that. Then I figured it was actually VOIP. Anyway, I thought it was interesting, and it really made me think about how much more effective AI voiceovers could be if they were recorded in that style instead of most of the time, where gamemakers make the voice actors sound hollywood ridiculous.

Looks really good, lots of potential. Hard for me to get excited for a TC type game anymore after so many disappointments, but I'm holding judgement for sure on this.

Did anyone else think the player "chatter" constant through the gameplay demo was actually singleplayer character voices?

I thought that when i was watching destiny

So there's a petition to port The Division to PC. I can't help but feel that's jumping the gun somewhat - it's not as if they've forgotten the PC exists as a platform and we don't even know if it's going to be any good - but hey.

If I hear that there is going to be a petition to get game a on system b, I'm going to start a petition to never start a petition again.

If I hear that there is going to be a petition to get game a on system b, I'm going to start a petition to never start a petition again.

I know, right? I think it was a petition that got Dark Souls ported to PC, but in this case I would've put money on The Division showing up on PC eventually anyway.

I just hope Ubisoft doesn't pull another stunt like Watch Dogs where it doesn't end up looking anything like the promo material.

I forgot all about this game being announced 2 years ago at the 2013 E3. Deja Vu all over again at E3 2015. :lol:

Still looks great, wonder if now it will actually come out. You just never know with these games that they show at E3.

Back