Tom Clancy's The Division

Sleeper Agent Edition PC - $139.99 PS4/X1 - $149.99
img4278_01.jpg

Wow that collectors edition must be the worst one I have ever seen, that pouch and watch must be worth like £2!

Revive!
Just got a Beta for the closed beta starting the 28th.
Will report back in after getting to play!

Anyone else had a chance to play this yet?

I just got done playing with friends and it's pretty awesome in a group of 4. The feeling I get from it is that it's what I was hoping Destiny would be.

I watched a few streamers playing it on twitch last night. The visuals and the atmosphere seemed pretty great but overall I didn't see anything particularly new or exciting in terms of mmo/fps gameplay that would convince me on a purchase. The couple friends I regularly game with who had a chance to watch some last night seemed to feel the same way.

Okay, what I meant was online/multiplayer/persistent RPG and shooter. Either way I think you can understand my meaning, whether you agree or not?

Played a few hours. I quite like it. The RPG elements remind me a bit like Fallout. But there's a few caveats that hold it back. Also the Dark Zone is pretty interesting. a PvP zone with high-level NPCs strewn inside.

As I'm playing the beta on PC, I get a lot of drops and stutters. Maybe it's my HDD but I don't feel like moving the game to my SSD. Could also monkey around with the settings but I think I have it dialed down. One thing's for certain though: Ubisoft downgraded this game compared to the E3 release. It still looks pretty damn good, but it's nowhere like the E3 demos.

I played a couple of hours yesterday as well (going to play a bit more tonight). The gameplay itself enjoyable, but I'm concerned about the map size (the beta gives you a limited section, but I read that the full map is only around 6 sqkm) and of course with only one major story mission in the beta it's impossible to tell if the story is going to be any good.
And the side missions - while fun in the limited time I have played - all seem to essentially boil down to the same thing. Kill the bad guys. Though I guess that's not necessarily a problem when the combat itself is fun.

The Dark Zone in its current state seems like it might be next to impossible for solo players to extract loot. I don't want to complain that a multiplayer game has some content that can only be completed in groups, but most other shooters with any type of PvP multiplayer component still usually allow solo players to have fun, either through match making in game types where you can do well enough with random groups, or by making it possible for solo players to feel they accomplish something in that part of the game.

I enjoyed Destiny for a while (didn't start playing until the The Taken King expansion) - in part because the gunplay is excellent and because I enjoy shooters with RPG elements (or the reverse) - but for now I still have no real idea whether The Division is pretty much just going to end up feeling more like a one-playthrough-and-done RPG than a world where it keeps being fun to do dynamic missions and find new loot.
But if it's the former I'll probably still feel like I've gotten my money's worth if it has a decent and fairly lengthy story campaign.

Quality of graphics may be dependent on platform. Played a total of around 6 or 8 hours yesterday and 3/4 of it was at Ultra settings (could only pull about 30 to 35 fps at those settings) but it looked really good.

Game play was fun.
MMORPG elements weren't over whelming but still relevant.
Solo campaign should be fun but multi-player could be a bit troublesome.

I'm going to reserve a more specific judgement until full release since I can see the multiplayer really needs more development, probably a few new game modes, and maybe some balancing (after seeing how the Scar destroys players in pvp).

ATM I'm really enjoying the game.

I like it but nothing really ground braking reminds me of destiny may buy the game later but no longer a fay purchase. Ill wait and see so many good games comming out cant get em all

My only fear with this is, If I join in too late and everyone in the dark zone will be very good It won't be fun.

My only fear with this is, If I join in too late and everyone in the dark zone will be very good It won't be fun.

I imagine the Dark Zone will be broken up into brackets, each bracket accepting a range of levels. A bit like the brackets in the beta where DZ01 has players from levels 1-7 and DZ02 has players from levels 8-12. Or alternatively the game will throw you in an instance where there are a larger number of players near your level.

I imagine the Dark Zone will be broken up into brackets, each bracket accepting a range of levels. A bit like the brackets in the beta where DZ01 has players from levels 1-7 and DZ02 has players from levels 8-12. Or alternatively the game will throw you in an instance where there are a larger number of players near your level.

Has there been any news on this? will be much better if true.

Tried it this week-end too and I didnt enjoy it. It does look nice on my pc and the playability is quite nice but it suffer the same troubles as any of the new open world game for me.

Here's what I disliked :

-Lots of walking to do nothing. You walk two minutes, kill stuff for 30 seconds then walk back to your HQ or whatever it's called for 2mn. At the end of the "mission" you have 4 mn walking time, 1 mn of cutscene and 30 seconds of killing in an action game. Not really something I would enjoy.

- Not easy to understand what you had to do in the Dark zone if there was objectives or player to kill or even npc's, map giving you very few details.

- Can be played solo but really seems developped to play in team of 4. Which I'm not a fan of.

- World seems quite big but it feels empty as well.

- Problem of a rpg like action game with machine guns. You hit people in the head they dont die instantly. I have some trouble with that. But maybe that' sjust me.

- Graphism.

- How you play it. Control are nice and seems pretty intuitive.

- New York does look nice if you take out the feeling of emptyness.

To sum it up, I wont play it nor buy it, not my kind of game sadly and I was really eager to try it. Maybe if the solo mode is really nice I'll give it a shot in a couple time when the price drop. Surely not paying any monthly fees for it tho.

Back