Tom Clancy's The Division

It was on sale on Amazon recently for $10, so two of my friends and I each got a copy solely to play coop campaign. We haven't started yet though. I only went through the character creation process and realized that all the available face and hair options are butt-ugly.

Silly question: what, exactly, does The Division require to play? I've really enjoyed Ghost Recon Wildlands, and if The Division handles in a similar way, I'm definitely interested in it. Does it require an XBOX Gold subscription to play, or just an internet connection?

Silly question: what, exactly, does The Division require to play? I've really enjoyed Ghost Recon Wildlands, and if The Division handles in a similar way, I'm definitely interested in it. Does it require an XBOX Gold subscription to play, or just an internet connection?
Don't quote me on this but I believe you must have an active Xbox Gold Subscription in order to play Division.

However, Division is nothing like Wildlands... Two very different games.

Wildlands is a tactical, 'choose your approach' and military action shooter, while Division is a looter/shooter. At least thats the short version. :lol:

I enjoy both games very much, and alot of that has to do with the fact that they offer so many different things.

Still, if you haven't played Division yet, I can definitely recommend it. And as with most games its much more fun with friends.

Normally I would say that you are late to the party, but in Division its fairly easy to get ahold of decent gear quickly. But the good builds will take hours of grinding to get, to be able to compete against the highest difficulties and enemies. And of course other players in the Dark Zone.

You can play The Division for free for the entire weekend

The game will also be 65% off ($20 for standard edition) for all platforms for a limited time (up until the 15th for all platforms, but it only lasts until the 8th for non-GOLD members on XB1).

Of course, all progress you make over the free weekend carries over to the full game

tctd-free-we_timing.jpg

More details here: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/free-weekend/

I've played about 10 minutes of it so far, and it looks pretty good, might think about picking it up after the trial is over since physical copies are now quite cheap (£10) in a store near me.

Quite like the way they do these free trials and free weekends for their slightly older games. Never thought about getting The Division before, same with R6S when it had a free weekend, but these are probably the best way to get people, who probably never thought about buying it, into the game.

Last edited:
You can play The Division for free for the entire weekend

The game will also be 65% off ($20 for standard edition) for all platforms for a limited time (up until the 15th for all platforms, but it only lasts until the 8th for non-GOLD members on XB1).

Of course, all progress you make over the free weekend carries over to the full game

tctd-free-we_timing.jpg

More details here: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/free-weekend/

I've played about 10 minutes of it so far, and it looks pretty good, might think about picking it up after the trial is over since physical copies are now quite cheap (£10) in a store near me.

Quite like the way they do these free trials and free weekends for their slightly older games. Never thought about getting The Division before, same with R6S when it had a free weekend, but these are probably the best way to get people, who probably never thought about buying it, into the game.
I checked my playtime and its 750 hours total now. :dunce:

And I don't feel like i've spent anything close to that amount of time in the game.

I checked my playtime and its 750 hours total now. :dunce:

And I don't feel like i've spent anything close to that amount of time in the game.
I've put in two hundred hours on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, two hundred on Fallout 4, two hundred on Final Fantasy XV, and a hundred and fifty on Ghost Recon Wildlands and I thought I was bad ... at least until I saw this post.

I've put in two hundred hours on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, two hundred on Fallout 4, two hundred on Final Fantasy XV, and a hundred and fifty on Ghost Recon Wildlands and I thought I was bad ... at least until I saw this post.
Yeeeeeahhh... My Division playtime is nothing compared to some other games. :lol:

After playing it for a good bit this weekend (got up to level 11 and unlocked every area of the HQ) I'm really liking this. Only things I don't like are the ridiculous amounts of bullets needed to kill enemies (but I have gotten used to it) and that the difficulty spikes like mad if you have a higher level player in your game (I had a level 26 friend in my game and it took 5-6+ mags from my M4 to kill normal enemies while it took them 1 hit from a pistol to kill me. Everything else is great though, and I'll probably get a physical version of the game in 2 weeks

Been a while since i've seen any activity here.

In one of the livestreams, they had a giveaway and I won it. I won a key with the copy of the game and the season pass. I am quite pleased with it. :P
Was really thinking about buying another copy for my laptop, but now I don't have too. :lol:

But some of the recent, more important updates as follows:

- The Division 2 <- Yes, the developer have confirmed that they are working on a sequel and have been for 2 years. More news at E3 in June 2018.
- After 1.8 patch, they will from April 2018 release new Global Events, aswell as a monthly rotation on all Global Events (not including the March rotation).
- New legendary missions, 2 in April and 2 more later.
- Reworked loot drop rates on everything. In update 1.8.1 (or Strawberry as popular called in their stream).
- Shields. In update 1.8.2. Basically commendations you can rack up in The Division 1 and you will be rewarded in The Division 2.
- Probably alot more, but thats on top of my head.

No news on further, bigger content updates for Division 1.

DXypfGiV4AAT4Mb.jpg:large

Anyone still playing? Been playing it again since a month or two. Really digging all the changes from 1.8 and 1.8.1. West Side Pier is basically how the whole LZ should be IMO. The new Legendary missions are great, but they're a bit too easy with certain Classified gear sets. When you're with 4 fully kitted Classified Strikers, you're just melting through the enemies like they're not there. :lol:

Really looking forward to the final additions and fixes to this game. And then on to TD2. 👍

Anyone still playing?
Every day. :P

Been playing it again since a month or two. Really digging all the changes from 1.8 and 1.8.1. West Side Pier is basically how the whole LZ should be IMO. The new Legendary missions are great, but they're a bit too easy with certain Classified gear sets. When you're with 4 fully kitted Classified Strikers, you're just melting through the enemies like they're not there. :lol:

Really looking forward to the final additions and fixes to this game. And then on to TD2. 👍

I am grinding the commendations and hoping that they will be worth something in Div2.

Also looking forward to see what that Shields thingy is.

Got a few classified sets complete now: Tactician, AlphaBridge, Striker, Nomad and Banshee. Striker is the goto for DPS obviously. Tactician is great for skill or solo/overall builds, as is Nomad. AlphaBridge is just hilarious, but not so useful IMO. Banshee is plain useless. Let the DivTech grind commence! :lol:

Got a few classified sets complete now: Tactician, AlphaBridge, Striker, Nomad and Banshee. Striker is the goto for DPS obviously. Tactician is great for skill or solo/overall builds, as is Nomad. AlphaBridge is just hilarious, but not so useful IMO. Banshee is plain useless. Let the DivTech grind commence! :lol:
AlphaBridge can be decent in solo pve.

Banshee can be ok in a hybrid build, but rather meh as 6p.

I'd recommend getting a D3 build. At 9k stamina it can be a real tank with 2-2,4 mill shield health.

Reclaimer 6p is great for support and healer builds. It can even be a decent Tac skill build.

Already have you on Uplay, so just let me know if you wanna play. ;)

Again, i'm mostly into doing commendation stuff, but it doesn't hurt to mix things up a bit. :P

Does anyone here play on Xbox One? The season pass and stuff inside it are on sale, and I kind of am thinking about jumping back in after being drained playing on PS4 with the base game.

Does anyone here play on Xbox One? The season pass and stuff inside it are on sale, and I kind of am thinking about jumping back in after being drained playing on PS4 with the base game.
I used to. Haven’t played in a while, but I can hop back in and help if need be.

If you’re getting the dlcs, Underground and Survival are my personal favorites (never cared for Last Stand, or any pvp actually). Global events are a great source for exotics, and classified gear sets.

I used to. Haven’t played in a while, but I can hop back in and help if need be.

If you’re getting the dlcs, Underground and Survival are my personal favorites (never cared for Last Stand, or any pvp actually). Global events are a great source for exotics, and classified gear sets.

I'm doing alright playing through the main game. The Dark Zone is where i'm starting to run into trouble - feels like it's chipping away at taking out enemies and trying to time things so that I don't have five factions screwing me over, and trying to extract things without being ****ed up by other players, lol.

I'm doing alright playing through the main game. The Dark Zone is where i'm starting to run into trouble - feels like it's chipping away at taking out enemies and trying to time things so that I don't have five factions screwing me over, and trying to extract things without being ****ed up by other players, lol.
The DZ is a cruel mistress. One run can net you a god rolled exotic, another can get you nothing, another can get you killed by every player in existence.

My advice: another global event starts soon (either tomorrow or Tuesday). It’s Outbreak, so prioritize headshots and stick to long range engagements. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your current level?

The DZ is a cruel mistress. One run can net you a god rolled exotic, another can get you nothing, another can get you killed by every player in existence.

My advice: another global event starts soon (either tomorrow or Tuesday). It’s Outbreak, so prioritize headshots and stick to long range engagements. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your current level?

About 17-18? I'm mostly sticking to the first Dark Zone area. I have built my weapons up where I use a marksman's rifle for high damage, and then usually a automatic weapon for when things start to get hairy and I need the extra firepower.

About 17-18? I'm mostly sticking to the first Dark Zone area. I have built my weapons up where I use a marksman's rifle for high damage, and then usually a automatic weapon for when things start to get hairy and I need the extra firepower.
My advice: don’t worry about the dz until you hit level 30. Then, try to get to WT5 as soon as possible. Once there, then you can worry about the dz.

If you need help getting to 30, I can try to help you tomorrow afternoon (around 6:30 est).

My advice: don’t worry about the dz until you hit level 30. Then, try to get to WT5 as soon as possible. Once there, then you can worry about the dz.

If you need help getting to 30, I can try to help you tomorrow afternoon (around 6:30 est).

Unfortunately, I have work experience the next three days or so, but i'm free on the days after that.

Unfortunately, I have work experience the next three days or so, but i'm free on the days after that.
Alright, well when ever you’re available, feel free to shoot me a message. Either on here or on Xbox (my gamertag is Noob Saibot 007).

Outbreak Global Event is active this week, and it might be the last chance for players to get the commendations and high chance caches for gear.

Latest Posts

Back