Toyota 86 GT Super Lap-Active OP

Took a break after being .5 ahead of my ghost and giving it all back on the left after the tunnel. Made some soup and tried to take a nap...couldn't sleep so I tried again to get into the 31's. Got it with a 1:31.982 for a not going to last long 8th place. Going to try a non anniversary car when I try again this weekend, they seem to becoming the car to use.

Took a break after being .5 ahead of my ghost and giving it all back on the left after the tunnel. Made some soup and tried to take a nap...couldn't sleep so I tried again to get into the 31's. Got it with a 1:31.982 for a not going to last long 8th place. Going to try a non anniversary car when I try again this weekend, they seem to becoming the car to use.
Maybe you'd be nearer the top if you used manual gears ;)
It will be interesting to see if the normal version is faster, I expected the anniversary version would be, but I don't have it so unfortunately can't test it.

I can't imagine there's much, if any, difference between the two at all. The only difference between them is a livery and some tuning parts as stock rather than having to buy them.

Maybe you'd be nearer the top if you used manual gears ;)
It will be interesting to see if the normal version is faster, I expected the anniversary version would be, but I don't have it so unfortunately can't test it.

I know, I know, I have to learn where I'm going first :). I will try them both and see if they are the same, I hope so so I can paint it pink.

I can't imagine there's much, if any, difference between the two at all. The only difference between them is a livery and some tuning parts as stock rather than having to buy them.
Ahh right, I thought it was possible to get the Anniversary version down to a lower weight.
I know, I know, I have to learn where I'm going first :). I will try them both and see if they are the same, I hope so so I can paint it pink.
It's been a while since I've driven this track too, still a bit of time to come from the driving! :) I imagine you'll get at least half a second from the pink paint!! :sly:

I have tried both now and I am faster with the normal car than the AE version.

1:37.533 for the AE with 239bhp@1016kg and 27.6kgfm
1:37.240 for the standard with 254bhp@1080kg and 25.1kgfm

both with mostly identical setups apart from where it is impossible due to the PP limit.
Weight Dist = 50/50
P/W Ratio = 4.25 kg/BHP

👍

Last edited:
Normal version without oil change is faster than the AE with clean oil.

Using the same settings, AE feels more stable, normal one feels looser.

Getting better times using the stock diff

Seasonal Tune Only

View attachment 108573
For all you non-SRF users this tune may help you get to gold. This is a takeoff of my BRZ tune with added weight reduction for the bumps and elevation changes at Trial Mountain and some shorter gearing. You can drive it as a grippy car or you can throw it around, it'll do either. Gold should be easy for just about everyone after a few laps. Keep the car on the dark tarmac, there isn't a lot of grip at Trial Mountain off the racing line. My best lap was a 1:35.127 with many laps in the low 1:35's using ABS1 only and no other aids. Good luck!!

Toyota 86 GT '12
450PP, 264hp, 1150kg
Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

12231318356_82c1ab4632_z.jpg

Tune built for the Toyota 86 GT Super Lap Seasonal Event @ Trail Mountain -
January 29, 2014

I am in love with this tune. If you know anything about real world tuning, this setup will drive your mind crazy. I had to ignore my own real world tenancies and just listen to what the 86 GT wanted in game. This car has massive understeer in stock form. I pulled out all of the tricks to get this to rotate correctly. I simply followed my newly published GT6 tuning guide and it lead me to this wonderfully handling machine. Only three of my friends currently faster than me (@GTP_CargoRatt who is a master at time trials, @praiano63 a tuning phenom who is usually half-a-second faster than me and @Johnnypenso who puts done amazing times without SRF). I am happy with placing a top 500 ranking and being close behind these three friends. I can run this tune on top of my ghost all day long.

One really odd thing about this tune. Look at the picture above. I did not think that this tune was super low or super soft so I was really surprised when I went to photo mode. After this, I did go back, raise ride height and increased spring rates to around the middle. The car was worse. So I returned the springs to slightly higher than I had them and raised ride height around ten numbers. Went a bit faster with a more predictable car <-- win. Feel free to comment on whether it worked for you or not.

Tune link here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-11#post-9289931

Seasonal Tune Only

View attachment 108573
For all you non-SRF users this tune may help you get to gold. This is a takeoff of my BRZ tune with added weight reduction for the bumps and elevation changes at Trial Mountain and some shorter gearing. You can drive it as a grippy car or you can throw it around, it'll do either. Gold should be easy for just about everyone after a few laps. Keep the car on the dark tarmac, there isn't a lot of grip at Trial Mountain off the racing line. My best lap was a 1:35.127 with many laps in the low 1:35'I'ms using ABS1 only and no other aids. Good luck!!

Thought I was doing alright with 1.37.500 using no SRF, obviously not. Nice time, I'll try this setup this weekend.

I did yeasterday something 1:34.xxx, now I need do it to 1:33.xxx then Im done with this.

I also reported this thread, not becouse this is so bad..Only to get these 2 TT threads merged 👍

I did yeasterday something 1:34.xxx, now I need do it to 1:33.xxx then Im done with this.

I also reported this thread, not becouse this is so bad..Only to get these 2 TT threads merged 👍

Well last time i asked for the threads to be merged, but it was a hassle to update my post where it was placed, and probably it wouldn't serve its purpose where it was placed either. Meaning somebody who wants this info collected somewhere, had to try to find it. Its better i think to have this info in the OP. that's why i intentionally started this thread, Not to hijack or steal somebody else's thread.👍

Using bandits tune. What am I doing wrong? I'm just bouncing off the rev limiter at 102 mph on the straights.......I have my transmission settings just like his vid. Car handles like a dream though, really predictable when it gets slightly sideways.

EDIT: oh dear..... I'm kinda an idiot. Never set the final gear to 3500 after I got the gears right. Had left it at 5000. Not bad though, came within .150 seconds of gold even with the 102 ph limitation. Now to get deep into those 131 to 133's :)

Last edited:
Wow this was a decent challenge! I tried stock and was nowhere near, added aero and as much power as I could and still far off. Was glad that I was forced to tinker with settings for first time (properly, not just gear ratios) to finally get the time.

Surprised my time is still at the top, went to sleep straight after I set it :lol:
As of now 6.36am Est time you still in the top spot, I'm having troubles with my AE car I did an oil change previously and I'm using my tuneand no SRF, so I had to add the weight back in it and ser the power limiter to about what your tune says, it has more power than yours tho and now I'll try your trans and suspension tune and see what I can do

GT86 is suxx! Drives like *hit. No traction, no brakes, slow acceleration. I wouldn't buy such crappy car if it handles the same in real life.

Hello everyone,

For a long time I have not posted any message here, I hope you are all well.

I would like to thank for sharing configuration BanditKarter22 because without it, I will be very far behind.

The settings in Gran Turismo 6 are very strange, I can not understand.

There is plenty of room on Trial Mountain, I was slightly ahead BanditKarter22 before the last corner but with the setup I use I can not go back to the car bounces too much and I do not know what change to correct this.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your configuration John.

Good luck to all.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Ps : Also thank you to Doodle me informed of the availability of the setup on GTP.

At Trial Mountain Cirquit 3,982.8m

Rankings 30/01 -13/02
450PP Sports Hard Tyres, No Nitrous.
Gift: GT JAPANESE 006-C

Cars: 86 GT 15th Anniv '12, 86 GT '12

Gold: 50.000 Cr. 1:40.000
Silver: 30.000 Cr. 1:44.000
Bronze: 18.000 Cr. 1:52.000

Tunes will be posted here:
Banditkarter22
Johnnypenso
Motor City Hami

Also have a look at the seasonal tunes directory here

I intentionally started a new Thread as I believe active OP's help people allot, keeping tunes and info nice and tidy!
Sorry, but we can't have 2 threads.

@LeadFootLiam Keep the first post active please.

I must be some kind of special. Using the settings supplied (power and weight) I can't get 450PP with 1030kg and 248bhp. I end up with 473PP

WTF?

Is it just me? I'm not this much of a hack at this game.... usually.

Latest Posts

Back