Toyota 86 GT Super Lap-Active OP

If you are aiming to challenge at the top... turn on srf, follow these tunes and hf :)... but until they have separate leaderboards for srf and srf off i chose to do this an other way.
Everything STOCK except:
Oil Change
Full Body upgrades: Body kit v2, spoiler, flat floor.
Full weight reduction: Stage 3, Window, Carbon Hood
That's all... the result is 447pp... close to the limit of pp... BUT it leave you underpowered, took me quite some time to get a GOLD lap... but when i did manage it... GOD did it feel good :) try it out sometime... great challenge focusing on your lines around the track :)

1:31.117 for 4th place. I'm following Bandit's ghost and I seem to be catching him in sector two on most laps.

I must be some kind of special. Using the settings supplied (power and weight) I can't get 450PP with 1030kg and 248bhp. I end up with 473PP

WTF?

Is it just me? I'm not this much of a hack at this game.... usually.

Sounds like you might have flat floors installed.

Hello everyone,

For a long time I have not posted any message here, I hope you are all well.

I would like to thank for sharing configuration BanditKarter22 because without it, I will be very far behind.

The settings in Gran Turismo 6 are very strange, I can not understand.

There is plenty of room on Trial Mountain, I was slightly ahead BanditKarter22 before the last corner but with the setup I use I can not go back to the car bounces too much and I do not know what change to correct this.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your configuration John.

Good luck to all.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Ps : Also thank you to Doodle me informed of the availability of the setup on GTP.

Nice to see you posting again Anthony,
"The settings in Gran Turismo 6 are very strange, I can not understand."
well it seems you are 100% right ...

Nice to see you posting again Anthony,
"The settings in Gran Turismo 6 are very strange, I can not understand."
well it seems you are 100% right ...
I'm not sure whether it's because we're using SRF or not. But it is hard to find improvements when tuning.

Toyota 86 GT '12
450PP, 264hp, 1150kg
Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

12231318356_82c1ab4632_z.jpg

Tune built for the Toyota 86 GT Super Lap Seasonal Event @ Trail Mountain - January 29, 2014

I am in love with this tune. If you know anything about real world tuning, this setup will drive your mind crazy. I had to ignore my own real world tenancies and just listen to what the 86 GT wanted in game. This car has massive understeer in stock form. I pulled out all of the tricks to get this to rotate correctly. I simply followed my newly published GT6 tuning guide and it lead me to this wonderfully handling machine. Only three of my friends currently faster than me (@GTP_CargoRatt who is a master at time trials, @praiano63 a tuning phenom who is usually half-a-second faster than me and @Johnnypenso who puts done amazing times without SRF). I am happy with placing a top 500 ranking and being close behind these three friends. I can run this tune on top of my ghost all day long.

One really odd thing about this tune. Look at the picture above. I did not think that this tune was super low or super soft so I was really surprised when I went to photo mode. After this, I did go back, raise ride height and increased spring rates to around the middle. The car was worse. So I returned the springs to slightly higher than I had them and raised ride height around ten numbers. Went a bit faster with a more predictable car <-- win. Feel free to comment on whether it worked for you or not.

Tune link here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-11#post-9289931

Disregard - See my review of this tune in your garage.

Seasonal Tune Only

View attachment 108573
For all you non-SRF users this tune may help you get to gold. This is a takeoff of my BRZ tune with added weight reduction for the bumps and elevation changes at Trial Mountain and some shorter gearing. You can drive it as a grippy car or you can throw it around, it'll do either. Gold should be easy for just about everyone after a few laps. Keep the car on the dark tarmac, there isn't a lot of grip at Trial Mountain off the racing line. My best lap was a 1:35.127 with many laps in the low 1:35's using ABS1 only and no other aids. Good luck!!

I tryed that last night and did 1:34.00x with DS3. (That's good with mine skills and only 150km driven on this TT)
I only set transmission bit different and didn't used so much ballast.
That feels just great for me and I think I can do 1:33.5xx with that if I got time to get car on track again :)
Thank you again for great tune 👍

Last edited:
Got a 1:31.5 and haven't set my transmission yet, hopefully I can get closer to the top fellows.

Thanks to Bandit's tune I managed an 1.34.445 with somewhat half a second to win. Due to an error it got red :(
Used the AE car.. Which cannot have a rear spoiler and downforce.

Will try the non-AE version next time!

I passed with cheapest/minimal mods.

Custom body kit and aero
Flat floor
Stage 1 weight reduction
Sports ECU
Soft racing suspension.

Managed a comfortable gold.
I have to say that this event was really fun. Starting off with a stock car and being around 3 seconds off at my best meant that I really had to relearn this to track to get the cleanest entry and exit from each corner but you also really learn how fun the GT86 is to drive.

This might also be PD forcing us to understand and appreciate car tuning. After adding my novice tune, this car became one of my favourite low power cars that I can drive the hell out of.

Good luck everyone.

Just improved to 1'33.058. Here is my tune.

TrialMountainCircuit_2copy_zps503092e8.jpg

Toyota 86 GT '12

450 PP
248 HP
1,030 kg.
Front/Rear Weight Dist. 53 : 47
Power-to-Weight Ratio 4.15 kg/HP
Tires: Sports Hard
Power Limiter 97.8%

Parts Installed
Custom Rims (Standard size)
Fully Customizable Trans
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Cat. Convert Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight Red. Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Red.
Rear Wing
No Oil Change

Settings
RH 113/108
SR 4.84/4.48
Comp. 4/7
Ext. 5/8
ARB 5/6
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.02/0.00
Brakes 3/8 (Standard Brakes)

Transmission
Set FG to 5.000
Max Speed to 112 mph.
1st 3.051
2nd 2.363
3rd 1.886
4th 1.552
5th 1.317
6th 1.170
FG TO 3.500

LSD 8/35/10
Aero 0/5

Last edited:
Down to a 1:31.077. Was less than a tenth behind Ramon entering the last sector and went a little wide in the next turn, costing me a tenth. :ouch: Also I threw away a few 30.8s by flipping over on that last chicane. :lol:

Toyota 86 GT '12

450 PP
248 HP
1,030 kg.
Power Limiter 97.8%

Parts Installed
Fully Customizable Trans
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Cat. Convert Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight Red. Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Red.
Rear Wing
No Oil Change

Settings
RH 113/108
SR 4.84/4.48
Comp. 4/7
Ext. 5/8
ARB 5/6
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.02/0.00

Transmission
Set FG to 5.000
Max Speed to 112 mph.
1st 3.051
2nd 2.363
3rd 1.886
4th 1.552
5th 1.317
6th 1.170
FG TO 3.500

LSD 8/35/10
Aero 0/5

Super.
Thanks a mil.

Toyota 86 GT '12

450 PP
248 HP
1,030 kg.
Power Limiter 97.8%

Parts Installed
Fully Customizable Trans
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Cat. Convert Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight Red. Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Red.
Rear Wing
No Oil Change

Settings
RH 113/108
SR 4.84/4.48
Comp. 4/7
Ext. 5/8
ARB 5/6
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.02/0.00

Transmission
Set FG to 5.000
Max Speed to 112 mph.
1st 3.051
2nd 2.363
3rd 1.886
4th 1.552
5th 1.317
6th 1.170
FG TO 3.500

LSD 8/35/10
Aero 0/5
Good time Cargo, I will give it a try. Currently at a 1:34.0xx now so this may help. Quite a good TT this one.

More improvement, now down to 1'32.912, good enough for 83rd atm. At this time, I really need to give a shout out to my fellow WRS'er, Vagabond (Chris) for his advice on how to drive this track and how to set up a car for this tracks bumpy surface. It was his help and advice back in a GT5 WRS TT that really helped me improve my times in that event at a point when my progress had stalled. Following his advice from back then is what is allowing me to do so well in this event. Not to mention that I ended up with the best last sector time out of everybody in that event. :D So to Chris, I thank you very much for your help and advice back then for it is advice I am following to this very day and it is truly paying off in this event. Thank you Chris :bowdown:, I owe my performance in this event to you

More improvement, now down to 1'32.912, good enough for 83rd atm. At this time, I really need to give a shout out to my fellow WRS'er, Vagabond (Chris) for his advice on how to drive this track and how to set up a car for this tracks bumpy surface. It was his help and advice back in a GT5 WRS TT that really helped me improve my times in that event at a point when my progress had stalled. Following his advice from back then is what is allowing me to do so well in this event. Not to mention that I ended up with the best last sector time out of everybody in that event. :D So to Chris, I thank you very much for your help and advice back then for it is advice I am following to this very day and it is truly paying off in this event. Thank you Chris :bowdown:, I owe my performance in this event to you
Best common sense text I've seen from you since long time ago. 👍

BTW, good time there.

Thanks for the tunes Guys, what was an active OP in that other thread i started, is now updated.
Threads were merged after that snitch!!:D JK83 reported it, and ironically my threads tittle was transferred to this one,
but current OP is far from active...

So please @LeadFootLiam can you just make a redirect in your OP to my post here ? That would make it easy for people to find it.
Thanks.

ps I will try your tune Mich, and compare it to the other ones, thanks.

I haven't used that much tuning in GT series and I don't know s*it about tuning. I tried to fiddle around with the settings and managed to get very close to gold. Then looked at the top of the leaderboard and you guys are about 10 seconds faster. LOL! Gotta try the settings posted here later. Trial Mountain is one of my strongest tracks... so maybe I just suck :) (Actually, it was my strongest track back in GT2 or something, hah!)

low 1:33.0 with my own tune. tweaked suspension a bit and it must have clicked, made 1.4 sec improvement immediately:) im quite pleased about that as im not really good on this circuit but i love the car. i gota improve quickly while i still feel this is fun.

SRF is not a cheat, it is an available option/aid for those to use that feel the need to do so. I'm really getting tired of people like you referring to this aid as a cheat and those that use it as cheaters. I despise that aid just as much as the next person, but that doesn't make it a cheat. Yes, its an unreal aid, still does not make it a cheat.

Sorry but the definition of: 'unreal aid' is what a cheat is to me :odd:

For me the point is that using SRF makes it easier managing a car with SH tyres with a lot of understeer and loss of grip, so it tends to simplify the way you will drive this car and makes you really fast in an 'artificial' way.

Whatever, but i would rather despise more people using SRF just for getting faster than people that does not use it and a feel a bit 'cheated' by the 'other' users.

Btw good event and old classy race track.

Forgot to add: thanks for sharing your tune i'll try it out. 👍

Last edited:
Spent an hour or so making a tune for this event, feels pretty nice and good enough for 1st place so far, let me know what you think! :)

Great tune Bandit! I was able to crack the top 375 (which is quite good for me) You are right, that car is a blast to drive! Props! :cheers:

Back