Toyota 86 GT Super Lap-Active OP

You know my thoughts on pink Porsche's ;)

You know you like it, it's ok to admit it:lol:

whoosier 001.jpg

You know you like it, it's ok to admit it:lol:

View attachment 111174

Hey Whoosier, I see you run with the USS guys. I used to run with them back in the early days of GT5. Great bunch of guys they are. Tell Anchor, Minnow, Blessorship, and the rest of them I said "hi" next time you see them would ya? We used to have a blast running NASCAR at Daytona...Minnow used to have me laughing so bad at times, I couldn't even see to drive because I'd be almost crying from laughing so hard. :lol: Great times those were. 👍 You should be honored to be part of their team as they are a great disciplined bunch of guys, something you rarely see in a team nowadays. Congrats on being part of their team. 👍

Hey Whoosier, I see you run with the USS guys. I used to run with them back in the early days of GT5. Great bunch of guys they are. Tell Anchor, Minnow, Blessorship, and the rest of them I said "hi" next time you see them would ya? We used to have a blast running NASCAR at Daytona...Minnow used to have me laughing so bad at times, I couldn't even see to drive because I'd be almost crying from laughing so hard. :lol: Great times those were. 👍 You should be honored to be part of their team as they are a great disciplined bunch of guys, something you rarely see in a team nowadays. Congrats on being part of their team. 👍

Thank you, and I will tell them you said Hello. I am very honored to be part of the team and blessed to have them all as my friends. I have been on the team for a year now and I would be a billioniare if I had a penny for everytime they made me laugh.

This is the setup I'm using, hope it helps.

No oil change.

To match the gear ratios first you need to set the final gear to 4200, later max speed to 180 km/h, later adjust the gears and final gear like in the pic.

View attachment 110706 View attachment 110707 View attachment 110708

I just tried the combo today, after a couple of red ones, got a 36.xxx on the third lap with your setup Ramon.Thanks!
I think I'll call you GMR (Gearbox Master Ramon!).I may come back as i really like this track.
ATM i'm trying to fine tune the Jag,weird things happening... its like an obsession to find what works and what doesn't....Tuning revisited in gt6, old tricks don't work like they did in gt5, we have to be inventive:D

So far, For some reason with this car and track combo I have been faster with a little camber than without, I have been using f/0.9 r/0.6. :boggled:
This could be due to more of less half of the track having substantially varying amounts of camber itself. I noticed this with your tune as well as my own.

I have also found that this combo seems [I think] to prefer 1 inch up wheels as apposed to standards or 2 inch up, this could also be linked with road camber, but might just be down to my driving.
Camber is not as bad as before 1.04 patch, but it's still broken IMO, I've tried a good amount of camber convinations in this combo to see if this has been fixed, but I'm faster with 0.0/0.0

IMO, bigger rims has no effect (yet) in car behaviour, it was different in GT5 as them changed the gear ratios, it isn't the case here, it's only cosmetics as the front wings of the tuning dealership.

Sometimes 0.1/0.1 works. I had it set at that for the Scirocco super lap.
I can see the benefits of that small camber in a FF car like the Scirocco, but this is the exception IMO.

Very nice set up Ramon! I improved fairly quickly with it :) Thanks for sharing 👍
Thank you Ron :cheers: , I know you like a lot Trial Mountain :D , keep pushing mate, you're near the podium. 👍

I just tried the combo today, after a couple of red ones, got a 36.xxx on the third lap with your setup Ramon.Thanks!
I think I'll call you GMR (Gearbox Master Ramon!).I may come back as i really like this track.
ATM i'm trying to fine tune the Jag,weird things happening... its like an obsession to find what works and what doesn't....Tuning revisited in gt6, old tricks don't work like they did in gt5, we have to be inventive:D
Master of what? lol , procedure is always the same, trial-error method, a too much time consuming one, if I was a master I could find that right gearbox sooner.

Whoah. I fell from 6th to 11th in less than 24 hours. :lol: Time to give the Ramon setup a go!

Edit: 1:30.963 after just 3 laps. :lol: And it was a sloppy .963 too.

Edit 2: Sorry Ron. :P 1:30.608! I keep loosing all of my time in the final left hander in sector two. At least .15 is lost there so a .3 is possible! 👍

By the way, I'm using full downforce. It seems to keep the car a bit more stable over the bumps and decreases my braking distances. 👍 I'm over a tenth quicker than Bannami in sector 3 because of it.

Last edited:
Tonight I have been having a fiddle with my tune, mainly the spring rates and damper settings and have had to dial back the camber in order to stay up to speed with the revised settings....this is my current tune if anyone else would care to try it out.

86-GT@Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
86-GT'12 [1].jpg 86-GT'12 [2].jpg 86-GT'12 [3].jpg

Have just run a 1:36.001 srf=OFF lap with this tune and I feel it could be possible to squeeze up to a second more out of it.

Cheers Ramon, will try but these guys keep knocking me down within 20 mins of getting there :lol:
@ Doodle... Great laptime 👍 I think it will take a few more laps for me to push into the 30.6's but will keep at it when I have the chance in the coming days!

Great running battle this one with or without srf :cheers:

Haven't had a race for a while now, it's the girlfriends fault, but had a look today and saw there were a few races up which I hadn't golded. This was one of them.
This post is to say thanks to Cargo for putting his tune up. Used it and ended up a second or so off his time.
Anyway, golded all the races so I can relax a bit now and just pick one or two to better my times.
The Ascari (Acura I think) race was difficult as I had totally forgot the track and it's a long one to boot with many blind corners.

So what's a good time here with no srf? The best I've done was a 1:35:7xx I think
"Good" is all relative to your skill level and the amount of time you're will to put into it isn't it? My best without SRF was 1:35.1. I'm sure some of the better guys would be in the 33's and 34's but we'll never know because of SRF:mad::banghead:

i have been trying out both setups and the best i was able to do was 01:32,165
and it was enough for 47 place but i already slipped down the rankings a bit ( probably in the 60s or 70s now?=

these last few days ive been trying to improve but it seems sort of impossible,
always on the edge of illegal laps that dont count, i put in about 700KM on this event yet i am still stuck
when i compare my video with the videos from the top guys i noticed i loose alot of time in the left hander before the long straight (after you come out from dark tunnel)
i have been trying to immitate them (the way they hammer trough there) but it never seems to go right i loose almost a second there with my G25.

any tipps for me?

Last edited:
This is the setup I'm using, hope it helps.

No oil change.

To match the gear ratios first you need to set the final gear to 4200, later max speed to 180 km/h, later adjust the gears and final gear like in the pic.

View attachment 110706 View attachment 110707 View attachment 110708

Thanks eclipse, you helped a ds3 user and did a 1.32.3xx after some tries, definitely a 1.31.xxx is possible.

I tried the tune with a rear spoiler - downforce @ 5. Will remove it and see the effects.

Ohh boy I' late to the party on these seasonals, was way too busy this week.
Anyways Got a 86 GT '12 450 PP on SH tuned up for the seasonal.
For fun I tuned it with only ABS enabled and have run 1:38.783 clean and a 1:35.925 with a tail smack in the tunnel so I voided the lap :ouch:
Enjoy the drive :cheers:

i have been trying out both setups and the best i was able to do was 01:32,165
and it was enough for 47 place but i already slipped down the rankings a bit ( probably in the 60s or 70s now?=

these last few days ive been trying to improve but it seems sort of impossible,
always on the edge of illegal laps that dont count, i put in about 700KM on this event yet i am still stuck
when i compare my video with the videos from the top guys i noticed i loose alot of time in the left hander before the long straight (after you come out from dark tunnel)
i have been trying to immitate them (the way they hammer trough there) but it never seems to go right i loose almost a second there with my G25.

any tipps for me?

improved to a 1:31,9xx
but still having problems with being consistent

Tried bandit tune but I was struggling a bit get the gold..:boggled:

CargoRatt tune got me to 1.38.963;)

Going to have to try Ramon tune, he's damn fast.

Thanks for posting all the tunes everyone.

I managed to get 1:31.819 using eclipsee's suspension settings. I did the transmission, diff, power, and brakes by myself, but there are a lot more variables in the suspension and I don't really know where to start if I'm doing it from scratch.

Last edited:
Today did another 30 mins for this seasonal and did a 1.32.079 on ds3, thanks eclipse. Many tenths can be taken.

Edit : Did my lap with the rear downforce set at 5, will continue to use it for now than will try without it.

Last edited:
hers is my lap (1:31,975)

can anybody of the pro´s here give me some advice where to improve and what i do totally wrong?

btw i know i messed up alot on that lest left hander

Last edited:

can anybody of the pro´s here give me some advice where to improve and what i do totally wrong?

I don't have any feedback for you, but I was wondering what color is your car, it looks great!

Only thing I saw is the last section after the back strait could be a tad smoother but that just a guess.
best you can do would be load the ghost of one of the top ten and follow it. watch thier replays a few times see what they are doing.

Latest Posts

Back