Toyota FT-1 Concept Impressions?

• Thread starter GTP_Denza
  • 50 comments
United States
USA
GTP_Denza
Hello everyone!

I'm making this thread to see what you guys think of the FT-1 Concept. Post your impressions here!

~GTP_Denza~

The Toyota FT-1 Concept is my dream car. It possessess the looks of a Italian car (to be honest :P) and handles like a charm (test driven it on Ascari). Best car ever! :D

Where did General Grievous hide all those lightsabres...

Be ncie to know what BHP/Torques and Kilogramage the car had -We know PD made it up... so why not tell us!
Meanies.
Good fun though and serious brakes on it!

The Toyota FT-1 Concept is my dream car. It possessess the looks of a Italian car (to be honest :P) and handles like a charm (test driven it on Ascari). Best car ever! :D

Pass the kool aid.

Ryk
Where did General Grievous hide all those lightsabres...

Be ncie to know what BHP/Torques and Kilogramage the car had -We know PD made it up... so why not tell us!
Meanies.
Good fun though and serious brakes on it!
485hp/1320kg.

Are these test drives on different tyres?
It was probably just me but I hated the seasonal.
Got gold and got out.
Seasonal was on sport hards I believe. Not bad but you had to make sure to slow down enough as the car liked to under under.

It doesn't have the best of brakes but it does have all the fun!
Sort of like a supersized Supra if I may suggest, drifts alot, heavy, and powerful.

drives like a bat out of hell.
really enjoyed the sound of it, turbo droooooollllllll

sounds really close to what my supra sounds, play with hood view.

Pd knows its a I6!

Too much understeer in the time trial. Hopefully just a side-effect of concept car hellaflush.

Will it drift? Yes.

took me over five tries to get thru the first left turn as my usual driving failed on this car, under under indeed!!

I thought the handling balance was very good, but the braking was rather poor. The poor braking performance could be due to the tires though.

I really liked car and the sessional wich reminded me of beeing consistance and feather the throttle, slow in fast out. Cool car but i dont really care much for the face with its big nose.

Edit: Gotta love that ass tho!

I liked it. Only did seasonal to silver just to get the car (yes, I know you only need bronze). Not a big fan of the front end, but there's plenty worse lol

Looks stunning in white and it goes like stink, but the SH tires are not adequate for it, SMs are good enough.

Its lacking stop in the seasonal, plenty enough poke though......adjusting the brake force once you get the car it drives better...

Kinda annoyed that both this and the M4 you can't really do anything to them...more so on the M4...

This thing bites at corner exit with too much throttle and understeers with too much corner entry speed. It seemed to have poor balance but that could be due to my driving style.

I have only driven it in the the seasonal, gold, I have yet to try it independently of that. But I really enjoyed driving it, the back end stepped out just lovely for me. When I play later I will take it to a few different courses.
Good fun.

Last edited:
This thing bites at corner exit with too much throttle and understeers with too much corner entry speed. It seemed to have poor balance but that could be due to my driving style.

It's not just you. I have the same initial impression of this car.

I have to agree with the general consensus here...

Lousy brakes.
Understeer/snap oversteer on SH tyres - although fairly easy to get a handle on.
Ugly as sin. Designers should stop trying to shoe-horn F1 car features into roadcar designs - current F1 cars are bloody ugly, stop copying them!

It's very short geared for the power it has, gearbox tops out at 183ish and as has been pointed out elsewhere, no adjustments (bar ballast/brakes) or upgrades at the moment. To be fair, the car is far better balanced on racing tyres.

I haven't tried adjusting it, but upping the brakes to something like 8/10 might get the car stopping quicker and also turning in a little better for those trail brakers.

General feel is that of a big, heavy, indelicate GT car - I put it at 500hp and 1500kg before I worked it out (as did others) at 485hp and 1320kg - which makes it really terrible on paper! You want something to compare it to that is sublime in comparison? Ferrari 365GTB4.

I love it. Looks crazy, loved driving it, but mostly I just love the look. It took a few laps to get the gold at Laguna but once I got out of the turns straighter and faster I really started to get a feel. I agree the braking was a little off but I was thinking that SH was the obvious reason but I didn't have time to run it anywhere else yet so I might be wrong.

It kept me from feeling totally disapointed when I drove the M4 and realized I wasted my time doing the seasonal just to get the car again. I'm pretty excited for the VGT cars, I would have pictured the FT-1 being toyotas VGT car from its looks soo it kind of makes me wonder what these companys have created for VGT. (I love crazy, wild looking cars, always have, I get bored quick with plain cars like BMW, Audi and others, and got very interested in Mercedes with the VGT and Jaguar with new designs.)

Back