Toyota GR Supra Nurburgring Livery Gr.4 Now Available in GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 268 comments
The Gr. 4 Supra is plenty fast. It might be a tad more abusive on tires compared to the Gr. 4 86. That's just due to the weight. The Supra is not some kind of META car, so there isn't really some kind of "need" for it to be added immediately. The drivers that have it just use it as a change of pace from other cars they drive.
Yes indeed. At my skill level, I've proved it to be competitive versus the META Megane Trophy.

No doubt at Bathurst and Spa, the top speed kings like the British Bulldogs, RC F and Megane FF leave it for dead without a slipstream. When the Supra is in the tow, it catches up.

I've outpaced Cayman, Huracan, Trophy, Jag, RC F, Vantage and all the FF cars at Sardegna. Outpaced, Mustang, Trophy, 4C at Brands Hatch. Like many others, it can depend on the skill of others in a Sport Mode room.

It's an average performing Gr.4, but still a good performer. However, I have yet to see a fast player extract its full potential in a tyre/fuel wear race. I've seen only one fast player, use it in the Time Trial at Laguna Seca.

In my opinion, it just needs power raised to 380hp. It's got so much torque, at standard power(HP is 5 less than a Vantage and F-Type), Supra bested my Vantage(no BOP) times.

I'm trying the Gr4 Supra in league race in the morning. My first real race with it. Tire and fuel are in play.
@Moby45 uses it in one of our IRS series and he can give you some tips. It's great in the bends if you can get the most out of it but others will easily get you on the straight and that's how it is. It's also worse on fuel than expected so be mindful of that.

Just set quick times(two flying laps each) for the Gr.4 FR cars, at Lago GP(the final Pre-Season Nations event in March).

I use the RC F for Manufacturers and thought it'd be a bit quicker. The Viper felt slow. Even with me running it as one of the last cars I couldn't get any pace from it. 86 was rock steady and quick, easiest to drive. SLS has sweet corner speed. Mustang - Vantage felt similar. Though, the Vantage felt the slowest to respond to direction changes.
M4 and Genesis surprised me the most. They both definitely don't sound fast, but they're both quick at this track.
ERWtCgTU8AEbFy3.jpeg

I would assume a plain liveried version is coming next updates? makes a cheap way to up car count.

They might also fix the interior.

Just set quick times(two flying laps each) for the Gr.4 FR cars, at Lago GP(the final Pre-Season Nations event in March).

I use the RC F for Manufacturers and thought it'd be a bit quicker. The Viper felt slow. Even with me running it as one of the last cars I couldn't get any pace from it. 86 was rock steady and quick, easiest to drive. SLS has sweet corner speed. Mustang - Vantage felt similar. Though, the Vantage felt the slowest to respond to direction changes.
M4 and Genesis surprised me the most. They both definitely don't sound fast, but they're both quick at this track.
View attachment 893073

Did you set those times with bop on? Because that doesnt look right.

I need some other people in the IRS GT4 league to race the supra then. It seems like I am not getting much out of it. I always have trouble with it being too slow in the straights.
I found it held it's own verses some cars. But, it's not a straightaways fast car. Corners nice. I was 2sec down on top really fast guys. But, that's more on me.

I found it held it's own verses some cars. But, it's not a straightaways fast car. Corners nice. I was 2sec down on top really fast guys. But, that's more on me.

Were you 2sec down on fast drivers using the supra or other cars? If 2 sec off pace of the top tier in supra that isnt too bad. That is generally where I hang in all the cars.

The Supra is wonderful in the corners but the straights are not kind to it at all. Tracks where momentum is needed may fair well in the Supra. But that Aston Martin can really hustle at almost any track.

Were you 2sec down on fast drivers using the supra or other cars? If 2 sec off pace of the top tier in supra that isnt too bad. That is generally where I hang in all the cars.

The Supra is wonderful in the corners but the straights are not kind to it at all. Tracks where momentum is needed may fair well in the Supra. But that Aston Martin can really hustle at almost any track.
Other cars. Jags, 650s, Vantage. Tire wear and fuel were good. 4x fuel and 5x tire.
I just practiced at RBR for our next race. Down about 1.5sec from a top guy in a 650s

Last edited:
Did you set those times with bop on? Because that doesnt look right.
Look at the white dots.
I need some other people in the IRS GT4 league to race the supra then. It seems like I am not getting much out of it. I always have trouble with it being too slow in the straights.

Exactly with everything you both posted. This is why I'd like to see a fast player use it. So, I know it's full potential.

When I first bought the game, Mustang, Jag and Aston were my most used cars, after the Atenza. Used them all the time. Then, the Mustang took over when FIA began. Mazda again and then, RC F. So, trust, I was surprised by my results.

I've found time again, the short wheelbase of the Supra, allows for getting through tights corners quicker than most cars. Again, it's slower on the straights, but also has excellent brakes and turn in.

Anyway, I'm sure different players will have varying results.

Look at the white dots.

Exactly with everything you both posted. This is why I'd like to see a fast player use it. So, I know it's full potential.

When I first bought the game, Mustang, Jag and Aston were my most used cars, after the Atenza. Used them all the time. Then, the Mustang took over when FIA began. Mazda again and then, RC F. So, trust, I was surprised by my results.

I've found time again, the short wheelbase of the Supra, allows for getting through tights corners quicker than most cars. Again, it's slower on the straights, but also has excellent brakes and turn in.

Anyway, I'm sure different players will have varying results.
Problem is that many dont have the car and they cant use it in Manu races. You'd have to ask an alien to use it, if they have it.

It brakes and handles well but it has nothing on the straights. If you don’t have it you really aren't missing much.

The survey was up for a long time so there is no excuse other than being a new player. I did the survey in the last couple of days that it was up.

Problem is that many dont have the car and they cant use it in Manu races. You'd have to ask an alien to use it, if they have it.
There's been the Nation's race at Spa. I held my own versus the Vantage and F-Type. Next Nations will be at Lago GP, where I did the Time Trial on RS(the tyre limit for that event).

I've also used it in the recent NurbGP Daily Race C. Fuel saving was tough, as it doesn't have the top end like the NSX and RC F have while short shifting. Tyre wear was fine.

Another update to the front end. Looks like more cooling(from the Super Taikyu test today at Fuji).

Both Rookie Racing entries. Notice the different noses between the #28 & #29. Plus, the #29 has the original GT4 concept bonnet, without the official GT4 bonnet vents on the #28.
ER7Cw2qVAAAk19y.jpeg
ER6GGoMU8AMEIvI.jpeg

Sad to see this car at its entirety becomes an unicorn car, a car you cannot buy in brand central.

Atleast make the different livery buyable. Don't follow bad trends and practices like certain other franchise, PD.

Sad to see this car at its entirety becomes an unicorn car, a car you cannot buy in brand central.

Atleast make the different livery buyable. Don't follow bad trends and practices like certain other franchise, PD.
If not this game, maybe it becomes available in the next one.

So, after my second league race with some very fast drivers, the Gr4 Supra is to heavy. It handles well. With BoP applied its 95% power and 108% weight. Tire wear is ok. Fuel economy is also ok. With other Gr4s getting nerfed, it's a little better.
Also, if you could have done the survey and got the car, then there is no reason to complain about not having it.

Yeah, I did some testing for a possible GT4 European Series League. No tyre/fuel wear, on RMs, 1-2 laps runs.
Latest BOP definitely allows the Supra to exploit its strength with its short wheelbase and torque on twisty tracks.

I added Autopolis and Tsukuba, to test a GT4 Asia League. Spa was tested in the wet.

ER7E_z4U8AA100u.jpeg
ER67-M4UcAAVgpi.jpeg
ER7YEslUEAA8OUf.jpeg
ER7TWxzUYAAYovZ.jpeg
ER5K2AJXYAYibzx.jpeg
ER6IvYLUUAEXj8a.jpeg
ER506YyWoAIbiVc.jpeg
ER60woBUEAEygjU.jpeg

Yeah, I did some testing for a possible GT4 European Series League. No tyre/fuel wear, on RMs, 1-2 laps runs.
Latest BOP definitely allows the Supra to exploit its strength with its short wheelbase and torque on twisty tracks.

I added Autopolis and Tsukuba, to test a GT4 Asia League. Spa was tested in the wet.

View attachment 895701 View attachment 895702 View attachment 895703 View attachment 895704 View attachment 895705 View attachment 895706 View attachment 895707 View attachment 895708
Nice testing. It's a definite option at certain tracks.

Thank you.
Really surprised with this group of cars. I thought the SLS, with its layout, would be near the top like the M4(pretty much the best all-rounder). I couldn't read the 650S at all. It's either fast or slow. I just don't know.

Vantage adjusted BOP has clearly nerfed it. I couldn't rely on its power to compensate its handling, compared to the others.

I use the Supra all the time. But, it wasn't getting special treatment. It placed where I thought it would on each track. However, I thought it would be P1 at Brands Hatch.

Mustang suspension is just too hard. No way PD will adjust that, but it's got the best turn in and the gearing, to remain in 3rd on tight corners and use its torque, make it a weapon.

Thats what I am telling since the beggining of thread yet some people still disagrees because of their own selfish reasons.

That's because the some people know what the word "exclusive" means. Lol
Exclusivity is problematic when you realized the impact for Sport Mode.

Atleast the Supra isnt OP. Could you imagine the reactions if the OP car like Megane Trophy is exclusive? Or if PD decides to switch the BoP in very advantage for Gr4 Supra?

Plus I expect the livery only or atleast some cosmetics to be exclusive, not the car itself. And its been 5 months since, so its pretty much enough time already.

Last edited:
Well, I posted this on the first page
It's weird as they've had the car race in 2018, but didn't decide to put the race interior in this model. SInce it's exclusive to survey participants, maybe the GT4 will come in the near future. MAybe after the reward period in June. Not that it's unfair to those who missed the survey(like new PS4/GTSport owners -for Christmas especially), but it's messed up we can use it in the online races and many miss out.

Plus, only over 100,000 replied to the survey. Kaz said GR Supra sales numbers were over 600,000. Half a million players didn't(knowingly and unknowingly) participate in the survey.

Latest Posts

Back