Toyota GR Supra Nurburgring Livery Gr.4 Now Available in GT Sport

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 268 comments
Well, I posted this on the first page

Plus, only over 100,000 replied to the survey. Kaz said GR Supra sales numbers were over 600,000. Half a million players didn't(knowingly and unknowingly) participate in the survey.
People making assumptions about PD giving everyone the Gt4 Supra is just that. It was an easy survey ,that was very accessible to those who qualified. I didnt even think I qualified. I only bought the base car. I never raced in the Supra series. So, maybe some read the eligibility wrong.

You know what? I wonder if anybody here has taken the survey without being eligible at all. No acquisition via Brand Central, Daily Workout or Campaign, no Sport Mode races, not a single way of driving the car. Was the "requirement" even enforced to the point where people who just took the survey without driving or owning the car were barred from receiving their prize?

Well, I posted this on the first page

Plus, only over 100,000 replied to the survey. Kaz said GR Supra sales numbers were over 600,000. Half a million players didn't(knowingly and unknowingly) participate in the survey.

I was out of the country (US) for three months doing a study abroad program and within that time the survey came and went, leaving me entirely unenthused about jumping back into the game any further once I had gotten home.

Sucks.

You know what? I wonder if anybody here has taken the survey without being eligible at all. No acquisition via Brand Central, Daily Workout or Campaign, no Sport Mode races, not a single way of driving the car. Was the "requirement" even enforced to the point where people who just took the survey without driving or owning the car were barred from receiving their prize?

All I did was take the survey. I had already owned the car in game before the survey went out and didn't participate in the GR Supra sport mode races. It showed up in my garage so I figured that was good enough lol

Exclusivity is problematic when you realized the impact for Sport Mode.

Atleast the Supra isnt OP. Could you imagine the reactions if the OP car like Megane Trophy is exclusive? Or if PD decides to switch the BoP in very advantage for Gr4 Supra?.

You maybe think there is a reason why the Supra isn't an OP car? hmmmmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out of the country (US) for three months doing a study abroad program and within that time the survey came and went, leaving me entirely unenthused about jumping back into the game any further once I had gotten home.

Sucks.
Surely you had internet access wherever you were??? the survey was available at the GT website as well as in-game.

Surely you had internet access wherever you were??? the survey was available at the GT website as well as in-game.
Yep.
We received over 100,000 responses globally, either via Gran Turismo Sport or on gran-turismo.com. Thank you to everyone who took part.

I think it could be marketed better. When GT Academy was happening, there were tv ads. Maybe ads on YouTube, motorsport programs could get the next GR Cup in more player's heads. If there is another survey, same thing. 8 million people bought the game and only 100k got the car?

Last edited:

Sucks.
I did the survey on my mobile phone, but if you never checked into anything related to Gtsport, then I guess you did miss out.

I don't remember doing anything special to receive the car but take the survey.
On one hand its cool having a limited Edition car and on the other hand I feel bad for those who missed out on it.
But I've been playing this game for over two years and I still don't have the Lamans Audi like others do.

The Gr.4 Supra sounds good and drives incredible but it's not competitive among the Gr.4 class at all so your not really missing anything unless your just hot lapping the car. Other than that it sits untouched in the garage.

My third league race today at Monza was very disappointing. The Supra just doesn't have the punch. It's not terribly slow, just a tick slow. Again, tire and fuel were ok. Having done race B and having good pace there, the Supra was not up to scratch.

My third league race today at Monza was very disappointing. The Supra just doesn't have the punch. It's not terribly slow, just a tick slow. Again, tire and fuel were ok. Having done race B and having good pace there, the Supra was not up to scratch.
That's why I'm hoping BoP can be raised to 380. More than that and becomes OP with its torque(stock, it has more than the Veyron) and handling.

It'll be interesting if we do get the GT4 car. It's got 430hp and a 7-speed.

That's why I'm hoping BoP can be raised to 380. More than that and becomes OP with its torque(stock, it has more than the Veyron) and handling.

It'll be interesting if we do get the GT4 car. It's got 430hp and a 7-speed.
In the Supras defense, I made a pit decision that hosed me. I wasn't able to change to RM at the start. If could have ,it might have worked to a better result.

This is just my assumption but I think PD did this on purpose knowing not everyone would receive this car. You can imagine the amount of people going mad if this car was competitive. Everything about the car seems awesome except its just slow enough not to be a major factor.
Now if they would release a version for everyone to buy then maybe it would get the power bump that's definitely needed.

Just my opinion though and most of the time PD does not do things most people want.

I don't remember doing anything special to receive the car but take the survey.
On one hand its cool having a limited Edition car and on the other hand I feel bad for those who missed out on it.
But I've been playing this game for over two years and I still don't have the Lamans Audi like others do.

The Gr.4 Supra sounds good and drives incredible but it's not competitive among the Gr.4 class at all so your not really missing anything unless your just hot lapping the car. Other than that it sits untouched in the garage.
That Lemans Audi only livery is different. Performance wise its exactly as same as in the brand central.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update to the front end. Looks like more cooling(from the Super Taikyu test today at Fuji).

Both Rookie Racing entries. Notice the different noses between the #28 & #29. Plus, the #29 has the original GT4 concept bonnet, without the official GT4 bonnet vents on the #28.
View attachment 895537 View attachment 895538
These customers have got the updated version with the vent in the nose. Wonder if it's possible we'd get the same version (if at all).

Well, it's June 1 in Australia. Two weeks to still claim your Gr. Supra(for those that cpmpleted the survey) if you haven't done so.

Reward Period
December 16, 2019 – June 15, 2020

Has anyone used the Gr4 since the BoP changes?
I have. Reported about it at the past Lago Daily. It now needs more than 380BHP. Wish PD would just leave the power as standard. We could use a few OP cars at the moment.

The upcoming Gr.4 Nations races will see how it goes.

I have. Reported about it at the past Lago Daily. It now needs more than 380BHP. Wish PD would just leave the power as standard. We could use a few OP cars at the moment.

The upcoming Gr.4 Nations races will see how it goes.

Thanks. I gonna run it in Arcade TT. I have some times from it still, in it's old condition.

Update.
So I checked my Arcade TT times. I had one at Spa, with BoP on. It was a 2:29.9 from 12/2019. I was able to get a 2:27.3 today., I also dont know which tire I was on.

Last edited:
Why did I even bother using the Gr.4 Supra for today's FIA Nations race? I've having bad luck with the 86 Gr.4 ever since that got a weight increase so I went for the Supra due to BoP weight reduction, but I almost finished dead last were it not for tire penalties.

T
Why did I even bother using the Gr.4 Supra for today's FIA Nations race? I've having bad luck with the 86 Gr.4 ever since that got a weight increase so I went for the Supra due to BoP weight reduction, but I almost finished dead last were it not for tire penalties.

That's terrible. Sorry to hear that.

Someone told me that the Gr4 Supra is going away in July. Has anyone heard this? I think they might be thinking of the cutoff to claim it.

Last day to claim the Supra, if you've done the survey.

*Looks at date*

c11bb353e638bfb2b41a3ce4b5fddffd.jpeg

Back