Toyota 'GR Supra Racing Concept' is coming to GT Sport

Source

This was from the Best Car leak. If I am being honest, the stats have not been confirmed but judging how accurate the renders are and the fact the Supra is being co-developed with BMW, the stats can't be that far off.
Thanks!

Thanks! - It was really confirmation that it was going to be called the 'Supra' that i was unsure about. Last I heard it wasn't guaranteed to be named the Supra, but I've obviously been under a rock since all these articles have been published haha!!

Man, it sure was crappy when EA had exclusive rights to Porsche. But now that PD has exclusive rights to Toyota, everything's just fine!

1) Toyotas are in other games? This is only the concept, whos to say the production version won’t show up in PC2 or something?

2) It’s really not that different to games having timed exclusivity on cars

1) Toyotas are in other games? This is only the concept, whos to say the production version won’t show up in PC2 or something?

2) It’s really not that different to games having timed exclusivity on cars

1) Toyota race cars are in other games. PCARS2 seems to be an outlier, since it has the road-going GT86 and the Rocket Bunny version. Maybe SMS happened to get the license before Toyota (seemingly) went exclusive.

2) It really is quite different, if it is indeed exclusive. The fact that all road Toyotas were scrubbed from FM7, including older cars that have been in the franchise for years, would lend credence to the rumour. Though of course, neither side has actually confirmed anything.

Exclusivity deals are bad for the genre, and bad for the players, regardless of who has them.

Man, it sure was crappy when EA had exclusive rights to Porsche. But now that PD has exclusive rights to Toyota, everything's just fine!

Exclusive rights to Toyota (as a brand) has not been confirmed. They still appear in other games such as Project CARS 2, Gravel and some models were even added to Assoluto Racing in the latter half of last year - and those were road cars.

Toyota UK's Facebook has commented o that the Supra road car is scheduled to be revealed at the start of next year.

Provided the final car retains some flaring on the arches it's going to look fantastic. If it stays flat sided like some renders and the mules it might end up looking odd

Provided the final car retains some flaring on the arches it's going to look fantastic. If it stays flat sided like some renders and the mules it might end up looking odd

The latest prototypes appear to be running with production bodywork, so I wouldn't expect the final car to change its shape that much, if anything.

Toyota UK's Facebook has commented o that the Supra road car is scheduled to be revealed at the start of next year.

I read somewhere the road car is to be revealed at the New York motor show

As has been said, this is nothing new. It's the FT-1, more specifically it's FT-1 VGT or it's Gr.3 version. So will it end up in Gr.X? So what. You already have one. Besides this one is not that good looking as that VGT, not that it wouldn't be nice it is, but I don't like the new front end.

And this so-called new Supra, it's not revealing anything new other than the fact that it's not going to be Toyota anymore, but Gazoo Racing Supra. I expected some sort of preproduction concept but this is nowhere near to that so... Ehmm... How to say it. The world looks still no different than before...

What's the deal with the three pedal arrangement - does that have something to do with motorsport? Trying not to get my hopes up for the prospect of a manual transmission, as I thought it was confirmed it would only feature a paddle shift transmission.

upload_2018-3-6_10-15-32.png

Looks cool but looks somewhat similar to the FT-1.

That's actually what I like most about it. Rarely does a car look so similar to the concept designs.

Personally, I'd like to see it side-by-side with the FT-1 VGT, both with a single-tone skin (e.g. all gray/red/white/etc, no stickers) to compare these concepts. Sorta like how we had the FT-86, the FT-86 II, then the GT86. Honestly, I wouldn't mind those former two returning, even if the FT-86 II still lacked an interior since the real-world FT-86 II didn't have an interior, either.

I think PD should create subcategories to put certain cars, especially the old ones.

This new Supra must be a Gr. 3 car.

If it is Gr. X it will be very frustrating and irritating.

X-cars mean cars for garnish and perfumery. Not good for anything!

I do not like VGT, let alone the Gr. X category.

What's the deal with the three pedal arrangement - does that have something to do with motorsport? Trying not to get my hopes up for the prospect of a manual transmission, as I thought it was confirmed it would only feature a paddle shift transmission.

View attachment 719640

That's actually what I like most about it. Rarely does a car look so similar to the concept designs.

Race cars have a third pedal for the clutch. It’s mostly used while launching from stops. Other than that it’s not used, besides an emergency situation such as a spin to prevent engine stalling.

Has to be Gr.3.

If it's not, when it's specifically designed as a GTE concept, what hope do we have of ever expanding the existing Gr. class cars.

I love Toyota but this Supra isn't their best effort imo. I like it, but don't LOVE it like the previous race Supras. I think the proportions are a little funky and I hate that beak/bump on the nose. Apparently it's built to GTE specifications, at least that's what was said during the Toyota live presentation. If it's coming to GT, I think GR.3 is it's home.

Back