Toyota 'GR Supra Racing Concept' is coming to GT Sport

Where is everyone getting the information that the GR is a GT3/GTE?

It’s a racing concept. Toyota didn’t say where it would fit y’all
Toyota said it was built to GTE regulations. Plenty of people however seem to have taken that as them saying it will race in GTE. As you correctly said it is a racing concept. It's just like the Lexus IS Racing Concept.

Personally, I'd like to see it side-by-side with the FT-1 VGT, both with a single-tone skin (e.g. all gray/red/white/etc, no stickers) to compare these concepts. Sorta like how we had the FT-86, the FT-86 II, then the GT86. Honestly, I wouldn't mind those former two returning, even if the FT-86 II still lacked an interior since the real-world FT-86 II didn't have an interior, either.
Hopefully we we can paint it, still would rather have the road going version.

...another FT-1...
:)

The Real FT-1 Simulator

PD Please we dont need variants of each car, how many Miatas were in GT4/5/6 15 of them I think could be more but how many did you use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was having a think on this car after reading about it yesterday and I suspect PD could probably do a road version for the mileage exchange
or simply make a plain paint version available like the FT-1, given we have the livery editor though it should hopefully be possible to paint
it our preferred colours.

I have all my Toyota's in one colour (black) so it would be nice to have this one the same.

I am with ya on the old school. I want the old school more than I want any real life tracks. If I want I can get those from other games. Le Mans as always been kind of meh for me in GT. Half of it is kind of boring. For real life locations there are others that would be higher on my list but I get the appeal. It would be nice to have triple the track list but maybe when gt7 or gts2 rolls around. Hehe how about Seattle?
Yea i like the original the most that simply brings back the old gt days feel for me. Deep Forest trial mountain, Grand valley speedway, midfield raceway, high speed ring, test course e.x. The reason i want Le Mans is becouse i want a track with a long straight

Hmm a New Free car. Yes please!!!

I also want that LMP looking Toyota car that was revealed a month ago.
The GR Super Sports Concept? I really want to see it too as it looks amazing.

toyota_sports_concept_26.jpg

So the exclusivity is for the said racing car right? So hopefully the actual production model will make it's way to other rivals. I did not imagine PD would pull a semi EA move with Toyota on this one though. It feels like the whole automotive world has been waiting for this thing and I don't own anything else on the PS4 but GTS yet this does seem unfair.

Gr4, Gr3 or GRX? The aero looks pretty basic but then again, until I see the road car I can only guess.

The problem with the FT1 Supra is that we've seen this car for almost 5yrs (?) and thru GT6 as well.

We know what we're going to get already which is a good thing but its not like the surprise unveiling of the Audi.

We've also heard of the changes over the years specifically the collaboration with BMW and their new Z series.

Except the GR Supra isn't the FT1 Supra...
The FT1 isn't a supra though...they can't say it's based off the new car yet as they haven't even revealed it. Have you seen the leaked supra images? It looks the exact same as the GR supra just without the aero and isn't as wide.

Very true

I realise they look very similar, I'm just going off the article informing us of the April GTS update. It actually says that the GR Supra Racing Concept is based on a 2002 Supra.
"The 'GR Supra Racing Concept' is a concept model based on the Toyota Supra sports car produced up to 2002, brought back after 16 years as a race car"

To me this just means the sports car heritage of the Supra. Not based on any actual models - it looks nothing like the 2002 Supra

White_Supra.JPG

"the GR Supra Racing Concept is a competition-ready glimpse into the future. Its headline-hogging reveal at the Geneva Motor Show confirms Toyota's commitment to bring Supra into the 21st century with a no-compromise, fifth-gen design that delivers world-class power, performance and handling on the road or track"
Source: https://www.toyota.com/concept-vehicles/supra/

IMO the FT-1 was/is a concept of a new car that will carry the Supra name, therefore the FT-1 IS the new Supra mark V

I guess it's effectively a development mule that started life as a MK IV shell.
It isn't. That bit of the PD news article is simply mis-worded - it's supposed to be an homage to the MkIV racing Supras, and it's the name that will be brought back after 16 years.

Toyota's own releases are pretty clear that this is an entirely new concept vehicle. It's longer, wider, lower and has a shorter wheelbase. The door number of 90 is a reference to the fact that it is the A90 generation of Supra (Mk4 was A80, Mk3 was A70, Mk2 Celica Supra was A60, Celica XX was A40).

There's no commonality with the JZX80 and this car... its pretty clear since that car is a liftback and this isnt but no manufacturer would try to pass a 2002 age car with its 1995 level safety in 2019 (if it even hits next year).

This new JZX90 (as it were) is a clean sheet design but again, its like the bumblebee Camaro.

If you show us the concept 5yrs ago then its hard to maintain interest unless you deviate from what we've already seen.

Back