TT#40 K-cars Eiger/500pp Trial Mtn

@ frenzal: And its people like you that are the reason I won't be posting here anymore. Yet again you take the opportunity to take your digs at me. You could have said nothing and just let it go with my last post but no, you just couldn't resist. You are the type of people that make these forums unenjoyable with your snide and smart ass comments.

And its people like you that are the reason I won't be posting here anymore. Yet again you take the opportunity to take your digs at me. You could have said nothing and just let it go with my last post but no, you just couldn't resist. You are the type of people that make these forums unenjoyable with your snide and smart ass comments.

Maybe if you change your attitude bit more positive then these problems disapear :)

Maybe if you change your attitude bit more positive then these problems disapear :)

And you are yet another one that likes to poke your nose in and take your digs. Nothing wrong with my attitude so just move on, nothing to see here.

And you are yet another one that likes to poke your nose in and take your digs. Nothing wrong with my attitude so just move on, nothing to see here.

You should move on too, since every TT thread got one discusion..with you.

Have a nice day.

Guys... I know one or two of you here, albeit in some small capacity, and I feel saddened to see this kinda stuff being posted, especially in a Seasonal Trials thread.

@ frenzal: And its people like you that are the reason I won't be posting here anymore. Yet again you take the opportunity to take your digs at me. You could have said nothing and just let it go with my last post but no, you just couldn't resist. You are the type of people that make these forums unenjoyable with your snide and smart ass comments.

For me you've shared tunes, given advice and you've given racing gear and you ask for nothing in return. Just ignore them.

I think people have been misunderstood.

Here is my tune for the ELISE on Trial Mtn.
I can do 1:29.7xx with less mistakes.

Last edited:
How do you guys come up with these tunings? Is there a process? First thing to do? Last thing to do? I'm trying them all out for the Elise, now I can't get around the track without wiping out...lol. Great way to learn better driving!

I find all of the tunes posted are very capable.

Anyone have one for the OFC?

That is a REALLY interesting tune. I don't think I've ever driven a car in GT5 with the springs at full stiff and the LSD set so high. While it may seem like a strange tune, I went faster with it and turned a 1:34.670. Not a great time in the absolute sense, but about 0.6s faster than my previous best time.

Thanks Pr1vatej0ker!

That is a REALLY interesting tune. I don't think I've ever driven a car in GT5 with the springs at full stiff and the LSD set so high. While it may seem like a strange tune, I went faster with it and turned a 1:34.670. Not a great time in the absolute sense, but about 0.6s faster than my previous best time.

Thanks Pr1vatej0ker!
Welcome :D Heres an explanation of the settings I too found strange,

How I tune:
  • Try the standard tune.
  • Change everything I think should change (from experiance).
Then start tuning each component (pair), one component (pair) @ a time.
e.g. You mentioned the springs,
  • I tried standard.
  • Then F & R @ minimum, then F & R @ maximum.
  • Then F@max & R@min... etc etc.
  • Until I find the best extreme.

Then I will move away from the extreme settings a little,
do a lap and make a decision as to wether it was good or bad adjustment.
Then adjust until I find exactly what I like.

I would do a single lap with each tune, although sometimes I can tell in the first corner if one setting is miles off. Tuning like this is fast, I usually have something nice after 10 laps.

How do you guys come up with these tunings? Is there a process? First thing to do? Last thing to do? I'm trying them all out for the Elise, now I can't get around the track without wiping out...lol. Great way to learn better driving!

I think tunes can be quite personal, try my method above to quickly find what suits you :D
Let me know if it helps at all :)

Last edited:
PR1VATEJ0KER

I'm noticing a lot high front lower rear, what's the advantage of that? Cause it seems to throw the car quite a bit

Anyone have one for the OFC?

Check here for gear tuning trick https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5964872#post5964872

And you can read Motocity Hami's explanation on tuning here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=167421

Its probably easier to pick someones tune and modify it to suite ur driving style though cause it can take a while to get it right

hi ya mate here is my setup see what you think

BHP 254
Weight 920
PP 500

Ballast 200@-13
Downforce Max
Power level 81.6%

Transmission Max speed up top
1st 3.893 2nd 2.886 145
3rd 2.398 4th 1.976
5th 1.622 6th 1.330
Final gear 3.766
Max speed 112

LSD 10/30/10

Suspension
+40 -20
7.0 5.5
5 5
3 3
3 2

Wheel Alignment
2.0 1.5
0.10 0.20

Brakes
7 5

Turbo 3

car will be on share when i log off
Thanks, will give it a go once GT Academy UK & IE Finals are over.

You know in reading these posts, I had some thoughts. As a handicapped person, I see both sides. To me it's about respect. When I was young, before I was handicapped I did all the things almost everyone does, if I saw an overweight person, I'd think that fat fk, he should go on a diet, I would never let myself get like that, or if I saw someone who was handicapped, I'd think, I better hurry and get in front of this person, God forbid he slow me down. I thought I was cool, and I knew everything, it was nothing for me to disrespect someone, why not, it was funny. But now that I'm handicapped, I see it a little different, because I'm the guy who's fat, and the crippled person who will slow you down. Now I don't judge anyone, at least I try real hard not to, I try not to disrespect others, even if everyone else is doing it, because it's not nice. It's a shame *it took this to get me to understand how to act towards others. I still mess up sometimes, no ones perfect. Does being handicapped give me the right to act like a Dbag? No, but a little understanding goes a long way, for me personally, this game, along with a handful of others lets me escape, while I play, I'm not handicapped, I'm not going to die and leave my wife and young daughter alone, I'm just like you, and because of that, this game is a big deal to people like me, it means alot to us. So to people who do not understand what I'm talking about, I'm glad you don't, and I hope you never understand, it's a lonely life being sick, no one understands what you have to go through on a daily basis. I'm not saying anyone was right or wrong here, I'm just telling my story because I think it pertains, and maybe next time these misunderstandings can be avoided.*

You know in reading these posts, I had some thoughts. As a handicapped person, I see both sides. To me it's about respect. When I was young, before I was handicapped I did all the things almost everyone does, if I saw an overweight person, I'd think that fat fk, he should go on a diet, I would never let myself get like that, or if I saw someone who was handicapped, I'd think, I better hurry and get in front of this person, God forbid he slow me down. I thought I was cool, and I knew everything, it was nothing for me to disrespect someone, why not, it was funny. But now that I'm handicapped, I see it a little different, because I'm the guy who's fat, and the crippled person who will slow you down. Now I don't judge anyone, at least I try real hard not to, I try not to disrespect others, even if everyone else is doing it, because it's not nice. It's a shame *it took this to get me to understand how to act towards others. I still mess up sometimes, no ones perfect. Does being handicapped give me the right to act like a Dbag? No, but a little understanding goes a long way, for me personally, this game, along with a handful of others lets me escape, while I play, I'm not handicapped, I'm not going to die and leave my wife and young daughter alone, I'm just like you, and because of that, this game is a big deal to people like me, it means alot to us. So to people who do not understand what I'm talking about, I'm glad you don't, and I hope you never understand, it's a lonely life being sick, no one understands what you have to go through on a daily basis. I'm not saying anyone was right or wrong here, I'm just telling my story because I think it pertains, and maybe next time these misunderstandings can be avoided.*

I 100% agree.

Cheers, I didn't know the settings were backwards, I've always known that a lower front would give better handling, I guess I've been tuning the wrong way

I thought the same thing, too! I should start tuning all my cars for a higher front/lower rear ride height...it's like downforce adjustments without the performance point adjustments, I think.

Cheers, I didn't know the settings were backwards, I've always known that a lower front would give better handling, I guess I've been tuning the wrong way

I gave you the link so you could read and decide for yourself. Some believe they are backwards, some don't. Its still a very big debate that sparks alot of fires with people. I have done my own tests and have made my own personal conclusions. I don't diss anyone that believes differently than me as they have their reasons and thats fine. Better off that you do your own tests and come to your own opinion. I'm not telling you to believe either way is right or wrong. I just posted the link as you wanted to know why I (or others) tune with a nose up suspension. Just trying to help and give you information so you can come to your own conclusions about the ride height settings. Peace.

KB, your TT tunes are good & always appreciated by many. Having read Gerchus post that got you riled, I seriously can't see where he was taking a shot at you. The 'more than one' phrase wasn't insinuating that your tune only helped 1 person. That's crazy. :) He wasn't even referring to you or your tune. (Seems like a nice person to me.) Remember, English isn't his language.

Sorry for double post.
@ GlennGolfer: You pretty much nailed it. Yes, I am a broken down old (46) handicapped man who is just a shell of a man that I used to be. Thats why I get offended so easily at times as people are always disrespecting me in my personal life. I have never wanted sympathy, just respect. I have devoted my life to this game and to someday becoming the best, even with my disabilities. I am only human tho and sometimes I jump to wrong conclusions and interpet peoples comments the wrong way. Be me for one day and you may understand. My apologies to Gerchu as we have worked things out via pm's and to anyone else I may have come accross as gruff with. Sorry to derail the thread. Lets get back to having fun. Peace.

KB, your TT tunes are good & always appreciated by many. Having read Gerchus post that got you riled, I seriously can't see where he was taking a shot at you. The 'more than one' phrase wasn't insinuating that your tune only helped 1 person. That's crazy. :) He wasn't even referring to you or your tune. (Seems like a nice person to me.) Remember, English isn't his language.

Yes, it was just a misunderstanding on my part as I interpeted his comment the wrong way. We have talked via pm and I see I was wrong. Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it. Moving on now. Peace my friend.

Just set a low .4 at Eiger, after the first 2 sectors I was considering scrapping the lap but instead I chose to just attack the final corner and see what happens. Well said GlennGolfer1 and KB. ;)

Special
Prize
giveaway!​
The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Daihatsu Cuore/Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97, "Pocket Monster ET Edition"
Was surprised not to see a few examples of his favorite car near the top of the Leader Boards in the current Kei Car Time Trials so Ol'Harvey Wallbanger decided to see if there was a reason for its apparent absence. Well after posting a time that was good enough for 971st on the boards despite his relative lack of high level driving skills the Wallbanger can only guess that its absence is due more to a lack of awareness of these little beasts than their lack of performance. So the Wallbanger decided to offer this tune to the community along with a challenge. Anyone who can get one of these cars with this tune or their own tune in the top 100 of the TT will receive their choice of tradeable cars up to 1,000,000 credits. If someone can manage a top ten with the car Ol'Harvey will give an additional 1,000,000 Cr in tradeable cars plus 10 random gears and 5 paints!:gtpflag:
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Puro White (Stock paint)
Wheels: Advan RGII (Stock Chrome 3 finish)
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: None
Window Weight Reduction: No
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: None
Intake Manifold: Stock
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Stock
Catalytic Converter: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Tires: Comfort Medium

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 200kg at +37
Power Limiter: 75.1%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 6.000
3) Set Top Speed to 87mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.368,
2nd=2.213,
3rd=1.615,
4th=1.240,
5th=1.002
5) Set Final gear to 4.800
Should display an indicated top speed of 102mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 15, Acceleration 15, Braking 30
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 3.6, Rear 1.8
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 14.6, Rear 14.6
Dampers (Extension) Front 2, Rear 2
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 6
Anti-Roll Bars Front 1, Rear 7
Brakes Front 0, Rear 6

The car has 350PP,weighs 900Kg with a 53/47 front/rear weight distribution, has 109HP and produces 115ft-lb torque@4,700 rpm with a 8,200rpm redline.

Notes: Drives very well using an automatic transmission (this is how Ol'Harvey Wallbanger drives it) Using a manual transmission might see a slight increase in performance.

Note 2: The car will be on share. If anyone is interested in trying it out send me an FR same user ID both places.👍👍

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Last edited:
I have this car and I put your tune on it. I'll take a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in Cranberry Red please. Thanks.

I have this car and I put your tune on it. I'll take a 1970 Chevy Chevelle in Cranberry Red please. Thanks.
:lol: oops:dunce: I messed up so looks like I'll be finding you a Chevelle.:dopey:
The challenge has been corrected now just in case anyone else is curious!:lol:

:lol: oops:dunce: I messed up so looks like I'll be finding you a Chevelle.:dopey:
The challenge has been corrected now just in case anyone else is curious!:lol:

Don't worry about it. Thought maybe you were looking for some extra ones or something. No big deal. Gonna try it out after my Doctors appointment and I'll let ya know how I did with it. Peace.

Lotus Elise lll R RM '04
222hp 500pp 819kg. PL 98.6%
Aero 20/50
Ballast 99/-40
LSD 18/28/12
RH 40/-25
SR 8.8/11.5
EXT 8/6 COMP 6/4 ARB 2/7
Camber 1.0/0.5 Toe -0.10/0.10 Brakes 3/7
Trans
1st 2.878 2nd 2.190 3rd 1.780 4th 1.473 5th 1.261 6th 1.073 FG 4.043 TS 112 TS @ top 160
Set like this; FG to right, TS to left, set gear ratios, then FG to 4.043
Parts used: ECU, Titanium racing exhaust, clutch twin plate, flywheel semi racing, LSD, suspension, trans.
Car is not broken in yet, still working on that. Currently around 165th with a time of 1:33.450 with time left on the track. Hope this helps anyone who needs it. Peace.

This is a really nice tune... it won't get you a top 10, but it's easily good enough for top 100... got me in to 57th yesterday with around an hours lapping 👍

I think you'll probably need a different combination of power/weight/ballast to compete at the very top of the leaderboards.

This is a really nice tune... it won't get you a top 10, but it's easily good enough for top 100... got me in to 57th yesterday with around an hours lapping 👍

I think you'll probably need a different combination of power/weight/ballast to compete at the very top of the leaderboards.

Thanks and yea, I have sinced revised this tune and am currently running at about 254 HP.

A low .3 now which puts me 3rd by a thousandth :D Final-Stage will probably take the spot back though. Again a bad first sector but I did the last 2 sectors about as quick as yinato IIRC.

Back