• Thread starter Pebb
  • 204 comments
Meridien Modena Dealership - August 2008 Visit "Preview Shots"

dscf5463ersvu9.jpg

dscf5720erskt8.jpg

Last edited:
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2008 - Final Part

Up Next: British Motorshow 2008 - Part 1

The final batch of Goodwood festival shots are great. Seems like you have the panning technique down packed.

Regarding what Syntax said, your panning still could be better, many of the pics are still out of focus... not that it is easy, but I've found that, when I'm panning cars, I try to blow three shots in the "sequential picture" function, and one of those will most, most of the times come out good, usually the middle one. try that out and see if the shots come out better.

@ Cano: Sure there is some panning shots a bit out of focus, but on the whole it is not every single shot.

----

British Motorshow 2008 - Part 2

Last edited:
aah, indeed not, the Chevy stock car shot is the best of the bunch, you can read the decals crisply, and the tire-burning Red Bull F1, but manyothers are out of focus. I provided advice so next time you try panning, you can improve on the results. an stabilized lens would also help, but they're big bucks.

I just have a comment on a "subject" from the Goodwood pics. That first "Shadow Can-Am Car" must have been a scary ride! It's practically a Go-Kart with a Big-Block V8. Imagine how it felt to be nearing 200 mph in that tiny can. Yow!

I really like your close ups from the show, I didn't get enough of them when I went, I'm regretting it now!

The motor show Alfa Romeo shots are great. I don't know about you, but I found them more difficult to shoot than anything else at the show. The lighting they were using made the paint look absolutely gorgeous but I just couldn't capture the colour on my camera. I had to mess around with the saturation and warmth afterwards for ages to try and get them as close to how they looked as possible.

You seem to have captured the slight gold/orange tint to them perfectly though.

Thanks for the feedback.

----

News

I picked up a Nikon D90 with 18-105mm AF-S DX VR Nikkor Lens today.

Really nice pictures here. Can we expect any updates from any other shows you may visit?

Thanks for the comments.

-----

Meridien Modena Dealership - August Visit

Last edited:
They look good, however just a tip which may improve the comments your recieving for each update. I'm sure that if you put up less photographs, to do this just weed through the photos until you find the couple of photos you really like then just post them. I mean if you look further up the page you have 7 photos of the Ford Focus RS, 2 of them are almost the same angle! When posting them tell us something about them instead of just bombarding us with photographs which will make them seem more thought about rather than just snapping away and by luck getting a decent angle. I for one would not go through the whole of your update hitting every link so less photographs work well in your gallery. Smaller updates will give the impression of better quality. This will also help you improve as we can direct comments more to a particular shot.

I don't even snap away and hope for a good angle.

About the upload part of your comment:

While it may not look like it, I have uploaded less shots in my previous two updates. Then the updates from 2008.

Latest Posts

Back