Ultimate Racing Series F1 2010 Championship on GTPlanet!

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 204 comments

What Race Percentage do you want?

Votes: 9 34.6%

Votes: 8 30.8%

Votes: 5 19.2%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking that you should contact the Prolog / GTP Registry honchos and let them in on your interest to be a player as far as promoting a GT5 program in the future so you don‘t get in over your head and start stepping on toes. I think that the GT5 future program is somewhat protected by the current powers to be but I could be wrong. I know that they are already formed up as the GTP registry
i bet you're right :)

back on-topic...

i wish i had the dedication to sign up for a full on race series

at 44 years of age you'd think by now i'd have gained some kind of adult attention span, but it isn't so :D

losing doesn't bother me, i've done plenty of that and i still come back for more :lol:

i'll watch this F1 season here unfold though, good luck all 👍

Thanks RacerPaul! I already have graphics made up for showing off podium winners and all. And hopefully I can come up with a cool prize for podiums too. Sucks we cant have picture signatures on here, but I suppose they could be displayed in Profile somewhere.

I completely agree about race restarting due to connection issues.

No I would not choose lol I would throw everyones names in spread-sheet and click randomize. This isn't etched in stone, just a suggestion.

I'm sad you can't double up on cars though, could have sworn you could.

Alright, so I think it should not be a problem, if everyone can make a team with which player he wants, and if some do not have a team till sunday, you can still do that randomly. Thats my suggestion. Well, I am off for some football, see you tomorrow ;)

Ya, I didn't feel like writing out some of the same rules. It was a good template, thank you. If your offended, I can re-write if you like.

Ya, I didn't feel like writing out some of the same rules. It was a good template, thank you. If your offended, I can re-write if you like.

No, not at all. You are free to copy and paste as many rules as you like :). I would join this league but im not sure what time zones you guys are using

I am in Eastern, USA. A couple are in Melbourne and others are in UK. So kind of scattered haha.

I'm fine with whatever car so no probes if I can't get the Mclaren (car performance is set to equal anyway right?) Just been doing some time trial laps against KingMart1n's ghost which was fun (man is he quick :)) But got within 0.7 so hopefully race will be pretty close!

Whos is KingMartins? The TTs on this game are very sketchy in my opinion. Hopefully True Force Tuning can get GTP members on top with some awesome tunings.

Yes cars will be set to equal.

Lefty, the info you were told about GT5 series was false.

My mistake, thought he had signed up for the series! Still, didn't hurt to get some practice in!

I still think we should ban TC. Like I said, it spices up the racing and makes things a bit less driving on rails. And driving line, although it is good for learning the tracks, may cause bumping and accidents, as drivers will still try to follow that line even when there is another car close by.

Also remember, lappers, as soon as you have people lapping you, don't try anything funny, just pull off the line, out of the way, and let them by.

Yes auto transmission is allowed, the people running it must be aware of the disadvantage to that.

Once race length poll is final, I will put up a poll about TC.

P.s. Im at a RUSH concert right now loosing my mind!!! Wooo :)

Mildasher, I will at you to roster when I get home.

Can I still join? would like the red bull, assist TC med.

Edit: I dont care what car u give me.

PSN: TRP_NOSS

Lefty, the info you were told about GT5 series was false.

grafpt these are the two statements that I framed from the information that was given to me:

I have talked to the powers to be who are more then likely going to be running the GT5 program and I was told that there won’t be anything starting as far as league goes until after the first of the year, and they will probably have a new Registry Qualifier before any organized races would start.

I’m thinking that you should contact the Prolog / GTP Registry honchos and let them in on your interest to be a player as far as promoting a GT5 program in the future so you don‘t get in over your head and start stepping on toes. I think that the GT5 future program is somewhat protected by the current powers to be but I could be wrong. I know that they are already formed up as the GTP registry.

This is the way you described it to the Site Feedback thread:

I was told by a member that GTP Staff are not allowing anyone to host series via GT5 until a year after it is out? I did not find a thread on this, so I wanted to get information on this topic, whether true or not.

What makes you think they could even understand your question :confused: let alone give you some kind of answer that made any sense. :banghead: Why don't you contact EDK he's a "GTP Race Admin"

---------------------------- back on topic ------------------------------------

if I can't have Force India I'll take the Mercedes MGP W01

As far as how long the race should be per your poll but how ever it works out a min. of 30 minutes would be what I vote for.

Last edited:
HF_NOS and AzRimGT unfortunately MildAshers claimed the 12 and final spot. I see that your posts are in here, so if someone drops out then you guys will be first to know.

*** There is only one more vote left!! Someone in the series needs to vote!! You could be the deal breaker haha***

Come on!!! 50%!!! 30 and 40 just seem a bit short, imagine to exitement of half a race distance. Lose your front wing on lap 1, no problem, change up your strategy, get some hards, nurse the tires home, and haul up into a nice position.

lol Peter has the spirit!! I'm thinking voting for race distance before every race should be awesome haha

I'm not going to debate for the Force India so I would like the Mercedes MGP W01

I could easily figure out how long a race would be if I knew how long 100% was, the official F1 site says that there are 49 laps, so if it takes roughly 2min/lap then I would say 20 laps would be good, so how about 40%.

Last edited:
Actually, I will have to pull out, the timing of the event is not good for me.

***Can a mod please delete this? This was not intentional, I had it drafted in quick replay and when I changed to a different page, it must have posted it, Thank you***

Last edited:
Yes HF, I will add you to the list. Unfortunately, someone has already claimed Red Bull. So you will have to pick another car, OP is updated so you can see which are not claimed yet.

Paulzx- You need to choose a car.

DemonBlade, you will also have to choose another car because p1Timo claimed McLaren one post before you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back