Ultimate Racing Series F1 2010 Championship on GTPlanet!

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 204 comments

What Race Percentage do you want?

Votes: 9 34.6%

Votes: 8 30.8%

Votes: 5 19.2%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome grafpt. Just finished mine too. Think YouTube will only allow me to make 15 min vids so will create 4 parts.

I tought if you have tyre simulation off you still have the tyre rule. Also, we have to put TC to medium. I must of spun over 30 times.

The Practice race video is being converted to FLV format at Blip.TV. I'm going to work on editing the others right now. They will be Uncut since Blip.TV doesn't have a 15 minute limit.

To all who did not show, do you plan to race at all? There are people who would like to join the series and if you do not want to participate I would like to open it up to them.

Akmuq, you use a gamepad dont you?

Ya I will be using Vimeo, such a better website than youtube.

I tought if you have tyre simulation off you still have the tyre rule. Also, we have to put TC to medium. I must of spun over 30 times.

You have to be extremely gentle with the throttle when your exiting corners,Its that simple.

If a player like me can manage to get to grips with the cars with all assists off, i'm sure anyone can

Practice, practice and more practice.

To all who did not show, do you plan to race at all? There are people who would like to join the series and if you do not want to participate I would like to open it up to them..

Count me in, I could do with some practice :) Just do as i did and replace those who missed first race but obviously its up to you

Which cars are available?

Jerry do you have a wheel or a pad? I'm a pad user grafpt and I think people might be sick of that :lol:

I am tapping it's just you have to get it just right. I would be grand if Bahrain didn't have the middle sector or turn 22.

To all who did not show, do you plan to race at all? There are people who would like to join the series and if you do not want to participate I would like to open it up to them.

Akmuq, you use a gamepad dont you?

Ya I will be using Vimeo, such a better website than youtube.

If you have guys no show add me. I am definitely going to show up on weekends.

Having to re-render video -_- I have no idea how to use Vegas lol I use Final Cut but I capture with my PC and I didn't want to transfer a 12GB file haha So video is about 40%.

Jerry I believe akmuq uses a pad unfortunately so it is MUCH harder without aids. I mean as long as everyone were to be honest, we could have them on so akmuq could have med. on and everyone else just has off.

As far as when next race is, I mean I'm free a lot this week so anytime really.

Why not have everyone using TC at medium. I don't think it really makes a difference.

Ya it does lol a HUGE difference.

Crashbroke- what flag is yours? I can't tell on my picture.

It would be that same huge difference to me as well. That's what I'm thinking.

Agreed that all wheel users don't use TC or any other aids but those on pads can have TC on medium. Should be fair for all then?

Ya it does lol a HUGE difference.

Crashbroke- what flag is yours? I can't tell on my picture.

The flag is Scottish, although I'm Canadian. I'm just using it because I'm doing a Career Mode with the Scot from GRiD Nathan McKane.

I've had to re render the Practice vid, because Blip.TV doesn't like the format it was captured in.

I'm going to get a wheel for Christmas which would be around Hockenheim or Hungariring time. I keep time using f1 races LOL. By the way will there be a Christmas break?

I'm not sure if I have missed this race or not, if so, I will race another week. I will drive for HRT.

The sign-up is over stevisov. It's full and I think there is a couple of people in front of you in the queue if someone drops out.

It would be good to have reserve drivers anyhow just invade some can't make it. Sort of a stand in.

Just saying.

As for the puncture issue. I don't think tyre sim off will sort that. Probably car damage would have to go. Not 100% on that though.

Again just saying.

You guys haven't even organized teams among each other yet either? Th en how in hell can you guys have the first race of the season, and not be finished organizing the teams yet? N offene to you grafpt, but I think you started this championship too early after making the thread, and that you should scrap this weeks results, spend this week organizing everything properly, like teams, driving aids, tyre simulaion etc. and do the race over next week.

Well here’s the Lefty point of view, today was my first time on that track wo/ TC and I wasn’t prepared since my whole set up came from the low TC that was stated earlier and it was literally worthless trying to run bare back. I didn’t quali very good because the setup sucked for me and I struggled most of the race. I ran a conservative pace not wanting to spin but got bitten twice thus loosing 2nd and it just kept getting worse from there. The longer format was a new experience for me and I didn’t have a clue when to pit or anything.

My tires got red on the little car picture so I had to pit on lap 6 and then after that I guess the game forces you to deal w/ cold tires for some period of time, again these are all new experiences for me. I was able to push through to the end of lap 18 when I was forced to pit w/ some tire damage indication of yellow just in the rear of the little car picture eventho it just felt a little loose. After I left the pits about half way through lap 19 my power dropped off for no reason and had some rhythmic variable rpm sound so I ended up just crawling back to the pits. Leaving the pits and starting the beginning of lap 20 I came out w/ a different problem. Because I got lapped while in the pits and still having enough time to blast around so as to not get DNF’d, the car was like it was stuck on the pit limiter. Even after I had left the pits it just wouldn’t get out of its own way, WAH LA my first DNF to finish a most disappointing 5th.

Last edited:
Peter, teams are dumb for this, there are 12 people. That is the LAST thing on the list. The true problem is trying to please everyone. Im going to make the rules, and those are going to be it, period. If you cant drive by them, then don't join. This is supposed to be fun. I've hosted many racing series, mostly on Dirt2 and I plan to host tons for GT5 and this is all just silly. I'm with spagettii in thinking tire puncture might be part of damage NOT tyre simulation. I will get on in a little bit and whoever is on I will send an invite and we can test some stuff out.

Here's video of the start of the race lol This cant be happening imo.

http://vimeo.com/15513034

Last edited:
Results from the 1st race (I'll have a spreadsheet view of the results or something better but right now GTP doesn't like html and this computer doesn't have Excel.

----------------------------------------------------------
1st-----GTP_Timo-------McLaren--------40:49.290 --- 25
2nd-----YAMAHAKID-----BMW Sauber---+10.4 --------18
3rd-----TORC_Waynz----Red Bull--------+17.8--------15
4th-----Cashbroke23----Force India-----+64.3--------12
5th-----Leftwright69----Mercedes-------DNF----------10
6th---- akmuq----------Renault---------DNF----------8
7th----GTP_DOUQA-----Williams---------DSQ---------0
8th----designnsight-----Virgin-----------DSQ---------0
---------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know I would've won if I didn't puncture on the 2nd last lap, but it was my fault for not looking after the tires and curb hopping. But at the end of the day it was a epic race and that's motorsport.

However punctures shouldn't be much of a issue at Melbourne, because the curbs are not as harsh and as long as you stay on the track you should be fine. But I'm not the race chief :sly: .. Just saying maybe one more.

Thanks for the race guys. Lets hope Albert Park is just as good.

P.S. I don't have the Qualifying results because Douqa left the race 1/2 way though and that mixed the Grid order on the results screen.

I have everything. Had a little emergency so got delayed on working on it. It should be up soon. Peter, It doesn't take more than 3 days to organize a race for 12 people. I want to get the series going so that we have some down before GT5 comes out.

If you wanna see a preview of what im building here you go hehehe ^_^ http://grafpt.com/images/champ_Main1.png

Is everyone wanting to restart the series and use today as a practice?

p.s. Im making my account premium right now so I can close each races threads.

Last edited:
Qualifing:

1st: GTP_Timo 1:54:648
2nd: GTP_DOUQA 1:54:648
3rd: TORC_Waynz +0.534
4th: YAMAHAKID +1.206
5th: designnsight +1.603
6th: Crashbroke23 +4.270
7th: LeftyWright69 +6.238
8th: akumq +9.263 (<107%?)

Last edited:
Status