Ultimate Racing Series F1 2010 Championship on GTPlanet!

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 204 comments

What Race Percentage do you want?

Votes: 9 34.6%

Votes: 8 30.8%

Votes: 5 19.2%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Online rank has little to do with pace. It just means you've played it longer.

I'll see you guys (and girls?) online in a bit.

Online rank has little to do with pace. It just means you've played it longer.

I'll see you guys (and girls?) online in a bit.

LOL ... I think you made my point for me, it is a valuable indicator for experience :)

Haha Timo, no teams now I believe as we're all in different cars. Will hopefully be good clean racing though! I've put in too much practice to be taken out at the first corner :)

I was wondering about the condition given for the race in the OP that has to do w/ TC. If I’m not mistaken won’t the condition of “Only medium TC will be allowed and corner DL if you need it,” always be based on the “Honor System” and can never truly be something that can, only be held to limited status by the lobby organizer, because it’s an “Either Or” deal? Isn’t it the kind of thing that is, if you let in a little, they can take a lot, and you can’t tell? Other then they just disappear ……lol

The first rule of racing is “it’s our job to cheat and it’s your job to catch us” … lol

Dammit, it sucks that i'll miss today's race. Good luck to all.

Is it all right with everyone if I capture the session with my capture card and computer and upload it to Blip.Tv for all to see?

Sounds good Carashbroke23. I'm having a go at getting the full sessions (qualifying and race) recorded but quality won't be as good as a capture card.
See you all on the track!

The quality is a bit up-and-down on it, as the codec on the program I use doesn't give the best quality, but if I record it without editing it, the quality tends to be better.

(This one was edited out of a big capture take.)

(This one wasn't)

Ok. I am finalizing that NO TC CAN BE USE!!! If there is Far too much spinning out or collisions, next week we can try with option on. But hopefully were all good enough racers there isnt that. As on of you guys said, just ease up a bit, this is TT's. For this race, no TC. I will be adding anyone I am not friends with on PSN shortly.

I will also be capturing this.

Last edited:
Ya, I wasn't on here, would have invited you. 3 people didn't show -_- I HIGHLY recommend NOT using tyre sim. It's far too broken to use it. I have 2 punctures in 4 laps.

Sucks i got taken out by someone too on turn 18 on lap 1 lol but punctures def made me pretty mad

Podiums are still having a hell-of a race! Makes me mad this game doesn't have spectating :(

What really? You got taken out? NO! Everbody on here follows the GTP OLR etiquette. Dont they?

From what I hear, everyone has problems with having random punctures, and this will cause race results to be decided on those who don't experience the puncture bug in relation to those who do. So, we need to turn off tyre physics until Codemasters releases a patch, and do today's race over next week. It's only fair guys, I know many of you may not like the idea, especially the race winner, but it's the fairest way to go about things, and we need to be fair.

Ya, I wasn't on here, would have invited you. 3 people didn't show -_- I HIGHLY recommend NOT using tyre sim. It's far too broken to use it. I have 2 punctures in 4 laps.

Sucks i got taken out by someone too on turn 18 on lap 1 lol but punctures def made me pretty mad

Podiums are still having a hell-of a race! Makes me mad this game doesn't have spectating :(

lol, Its not broken, You need to take care of your tyres + try to avoid contact with any car and barriers, going all out every lap or tagging a car may result in a puncture

This game may have bugs, but the frequent punctures aint one of em

BTW what happened at start? :D I just got kicked off track by the Williams (dunno who it was), but I think it wasnt his fault, he came sliding to me, so might be pushed off too.

Last edited:
That was so much fun :) Was pretty mad when got a puncture but worked out ok, 2nd place woohoo!
Will get to work on sorting my cam footage and upload asap.
Is the next race a week today?

Last edited:
lol, Its not broken, You need to take care of your tyres + try to avoid contact with any car and barriers, going all out every lap or tagging a car may result in a puncture

This game may have bugs, but the frequent punctures aint one of em

True thing, I had one too and still won. Looks like we all just have to change our driving style. In Singleplayer i always get punctures after braking too hard and the front wheel stands or if i throttle too fast on curbs. So it might not even be a bug ...

BTW cant wait for the start replay :D

Last edited:
I don't know, everything about online today was weird lol I had zero grip even in the practice race. I'm going to run the game again and see if there are performance differences online and single player. I'm not whining by any means, it was just SO weird that its bugging me that much lol. My tyres were skidding on turn one with 100% options on? I noticed the difference because of the sounds.

I will post some of the video soon.

And as far as re-racing, that would be to vote for sure. I am definitely disappointed 4 people didn't show but o well. I guess because there were other people interested, I would have liked to know sooner so maybe they could race instead.

Started 6th, Finished 4th

[Q] Qualifying

While qualifying wasn't the best for me as there was too little fuel in the car for my liking and I got my only puncture on my in-lap. :grumpy: But hey, I wasn't expecting much since I was re-getting used to the car since I use medium TC other wise. I went out for a second run with my setup changed and improved the time a little bit more, so I was confident that I could get higher than sixth.

[R] Race (39% chance of rain is nuts by the way)

While my start wasn't the best as i got just a little bit too much wheel spin, it didn't matter as I ended up P2 after turn one :dopey:! From what i can see from the replay, the first three into Turn 1 all came together and the all went wide. Only problem, exit of turn 2 i spun the same way i span in the practice race, back to the back :indiff: Then i had a tussle with Akumq in trying to get back into a rhythm, then he spun again. I ended up P6 at the end of the lap and that stayed so until EVERYONE but me pitted for the Prime tire since I started on them. I ended up P2 and trying to keep a good pace for the longest time, while i ended up P4 before I pitted, my sights were clearly on Lefty for the last few laps of the race with my pace on the primes not being as good as I would have hoped. Still, my pace on the options meant that I was going to catch upto Lefty and overtake with relative ease, which almost happened if I didn't spin on my own accord after I overtook him :dunce:. Still, he had to go in again and P4 disconnected so I had fourth place in the bag although the threat of rain was really looming. Still, outside of the tire problems and the gingerly pace without TC, it was good fun. If a re-do of the race is necessary, I wouldn't mind although a cleaner start would have been nice.

Well probably the cars drive different if they all set to equal. Felt different first too, but get used to it and worked well. I think were just all cleverer for the next race. And all had the same problems, so i dont see a reason for restarting honestly.

So how we gonna handle the guys, that didnt show up? kicking out and letting others in ?

Have you guys not seen the people getting puntures at the start of the race, while eiting their garage, while leaving the pits after pitting, sometimes even to get new tires from a previous puncture? People have gotten punctures, then flashbacked, and tried again, and not get a puncture, proving that the punctures occur randomly. Every single person has comlained about way to many punctures whether it be in practice, qualifying, and the race. Punctures are random, i'm telling you. You need to turn off tyre simulation, and re-do the race next week. And keep tyre simulation off until Codemasters patch it.

EDIT: And no, we don't need to kick out and let in, I don't have the game yet, sadly, but I very much want in to this championship. The only people who should be kicked are those who show little to no interest in the championship at all.

Oh, tyres are for sure staying off. Its a shame because then there really isn't any pitting. I've had plenty of races online that were 30-40% and no one had punctures. It was so weird how much it happened.

Were for sure not changing performance to anything but equal, because, well there would be for sure faster cars.

The bug with tyres is largely based on how long the race is too I think. I am personally starting to experience the flaws of this game, and it's pretty annoying.

douqa what happen to you? I saw you just quit randomly and signed off?

Was weird too, when doqua and me got the same time in Qualifying. I got it first, then he drove it and got first. But on starting grid i was first ...

I agree about the tyres but don't see any need to re-run it. It's a long season and anything can happen! In fairness, I got my puncture on my in lap and probably should have come in one lap earlier as I could see my tyres going off.
Will there be a leaderboard somewhere grafpt?

Yes, just always refer to OP. I was editing the video, and going to get it on web in a second. Then finish leader board. Gonna make it all pretty and cool to look at ^_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back