Ultimate Racing Series F1 2010 Championship on GTPlanet!

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 204 comments

What Race Percentage do you want?

Votes: 9 34.6%

Votes: 8 30.8%

Votes: 5 19.2%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there were 4 empty slots.. Put me on the list Grafpt. If cars are equal then i suppose which car i get is irrelevant

Add me on PSN XAl-Aqsa (X A L - A Q S A) Let me know you're from GT Planet by sending me a message alongside invite. And please, i don't want a barrage of invites from everyone!

Thanks!

Will do. Look out for a new thread for next race event. This one will be closed soon. The 2 people who didn't show without notice are out. I will confirm with other two peopl if they wish to stay.

Will do. Look out for a new thread for next race event. This one will be closed soon. The 2 people who didn't show without notice are out. I will confirm with other two peopl if they wish to stay.

Why dont you keep it all in one thread?

EDIT

Last edited:
Jerry, I know as I said I've been doing this for a wile, though never via a thread. This first race was to get people into it and out of the other catastrophe. I have everything. I have an entire website pre-build for this, so I'm doing the best I can as fast as I can. www.s7gaming.info , though F1 isn't activated, all of those have been pre-built beyond that. WRC you can check out though. I just went premium so I have some more freedom with things. So I am having to more or less migrate and figure out how to present all that at one time on one post.

Last edited:
I noticed there were 4 empty slots.. Put me on the list Grafpt. If cars are equal then i suppose which car i get is irrelevant

Add me on PSN XAl-Aqsa (X A L - A Q S A) Let me know you're from GT Planet by sending me a message alongside invite. And please, i don't want a barrage of invites from everyone!

Thanks!

If it wasn't for the 'barrage of invites' I would not have race this morning. Having everyone on your contact list isn't a bad thing.

Hey grafpt, do you need someone to write up a race report for the F1 events so that people outside of the series can know what happened in the race and quali? I have a blog that can be used to host race releases and such which can be transferred over to the main site (which needs proper Twitter, FB and Youtube links BTW) so people can see them. I also have a corresponding Blip.TV site which will host full length, uncut recordings of the races. Although It would be cool if we could record a review show with commentary from us and using footage from the race. What do you think?

Well I'm defiantly going to be doing that on GT5 because of the amazing features they have when hosting races and such. Like I said, it's unfortunate that they do not have a spectating option on F1 :( or just allow you to see replays of online races. The problem with outside info, is that GTP doesn't support it because they want you to be on here. Which is completely fine with me, because there are already 100ks of users so it's easy to find drivers, where as your own things, would be finding people by playing random rooms and spamming peoples message boxes haha

I put in the site and feedback on here, about allowing people to get approved for hosting race series and getting a setup like they have for WRS, which is crazy cool. No one has responded yet but we'll see.

Peter, teams are dumb for this, there are 12 people. That is the LAST thing on the list. The true problem is trying to please everyone. Im going to make the rules, and those are going to be it, period. If you cant drive by them, then don't join. This is supposed to be fun. I've hosted many racing series, mostly on Dirt2 and I plan to host tons for GT5 and this is all just silly. I'm with spagettii in thinking tire puncture might be part of damage NOT tyre simulation. I will get on in a little bit and whoever is on I will send an invite and we can test some stuff out.

Here's video of the start of the race lol This cant be happening imo.

http://vimeo.com/15513034

I don't get why teams are dumb for this. F1:CE had teams, with 10 drivers, and it worked out perfectly. Please explain to me why it won't work here.

Apologies to all for not making an appearance. We had a safety switch blow out last night which is now faulty and cutting power to most of our fuses in the house which means I slept past my 4:30 am alarm (dead) and was more than a little late for work.
I was unable to get online until now (at work). More than a little p*ssed off about the whole scenario. Was reall looking forward to taking part.
Hope I can be invloved in the next one.

Ya, of coarse. That kind of situation is completely understandable.

peter- I guess I need enlightened about the useful part of having a team. I see zero as of right now.

Are people wanting a restart of series?

Buddy grafpt, all I can say is "the more I see the more I like", what I’m reading gives me such confidence that what ever you do is OKEY DOKEY with me, count me in. The only thing I want to do is have my little get togethers from time to time for my follow the leader races. Other then that I’m all good w/ what ever you do. Count me in for what ever it is that your throwing together and I’ll be there. The stuff from Crashbroke23 is head spinning. I have thought for a while is that there could be a following for the SIM drivers if it was promoted properly, so “GO CRASHBROKE26”.

Last edited:
Ya, of coarse. That kind of situation is completely understandable.

peter- I guess I need enlightened about the useful part of having a team. I see zero as of right now.

Are people wanting a restart of series?

Yeah, hope we can get the s/switch sorted soon as it's knocking out the part of the house where the PS, TV and pretty much all of the fun stuff lives. Not to mention the kitchen!

I'm not sure teams are an important aspect to this series, new poll everyone?

Regarding restart, i'll cop a 0 point start to the season if need be but would be happy to have an opportunity to get back on a level playing field if starts again.

Yes, Im going to be closing this one. I think we will just start the series over. I want people that will be there. Some of you may like this, some may not, oh well don't join lol I can not please everyone, that's what makes things impossible because it's impossible to do that. Look out for new thread shortly with all the information you will need. I'm sorry peter but teams will not be implemented in this series. I see zero use for it besides something else to worry about. I think if it's strategy talking your looking for, I see no harm is talking about it with everyone. All 12 of the people haha.

Does anyone know if you still have to make pit stops even when tyre simulation is off?

Does anyone know if you still have to make pit stops even when tyre simulation is off?

Yep if you go over 10% they'll bone ya, and you'll have to have a pit stop. lol

By the way, I'd love a do over, and I'm sure others would also..... gerrrrrrrr

At some point I have to say that I had the best time today, because my boy was my spotter and each time he helps me to get through these kinds of races is something that I hope all of you have a chance to live through. The team thing that we bring to bear is so special for me, and is hard to explain. Some day I hope to do it for real and the practice that we get from events like these, help us to get our mojo in unison. So I want to say thanks to everyone who showed up.

Last edited:

Gives the driver an extra reason to push to score the maximum points per weekend, teammates can have their own little competition among each other. Maybe some team orders lol. Some creativity with team names, or just name after a real or former F1 team.(I named my team Andrea Moda :lol:) Why do they have teams in real motorsport? It certainly isn't useless.

Sure in real life its not lol when money and 20 more people are on the track lol

I really think we should implement teams though. But if you don't see it as necessary, besides teams being run for almost every racing series ever on GTP, and pretty much in any game, like rfactor, iracing etc., no problem.

Well, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. That will be the poll on the new thread.

No offense you know. You're doing a fine job, and i'm just trying to help you out with some suggestions :)

The team thing might work... but where only allowed one team on track in online... i.e One Ferrari, One Sauber etc... Unless you want to play Judas?

Teams will work with more variety of car choice is where I'm getting at.

Well unless we feel there is a better poll to have, the teams will be poll on new thread. About ready to post for you guys ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back