Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
See above. :P

Honestly a lot of the multiples are because they found it easier to pad out the field with assets from GT6. If they were doing wverything from scratch there would be a lot less. This is especially true of the BMW example.

To me the TCRs are like group four, with wide body kits. Not something I'd want PD prioritising for GT sport.

That doesn't answer the question nor is it a get out for a lack of explanation.

There may be a physics change, as with most updates. Does that answer your hard hitting question?

Last edited:
The Porsche?? Which of the hundreds of models of Porsches made? And what evidence do you base your speculation on?

The aforementioned Porsche that everyone was just talking about on the table next to the PD developer. Did you just not read anything at all before my post.

And I was using the word "speculate" facetiously, in place of "wish". At the risk of repeating myself to you, and only you, read previous posts.

TCR is newest big thing. We could have at least gotten one of those at GT Sport release. 2015 that series debuted. This would have given PD plenty time to model ang of the cars available.

Audi TT Cup. One of the earliest TCR cars. It's there. And in Gr.4.

Its rear lights and trim above fuel cap remind me of Bluebird, too
908.jpg

EDIT added too for better understanding and better grammar EDIT2 lel
One thing for sure, its not a skyline, cortina mk2, Opel rekord.. The car that fits is the bluebird. . Can't find other car that fits

Audi RS3 Would be TCR (Touring Car Racing) audi TT is coupe not a touring car in my humble opinion but here is also article which may have fueled your confusion http://www.tcr-series.com/news/item/end-of-the-exemption-for-audi-tt-cars
(Article is not mine it's not advertisement :D )
Exactly this.

If we then go back, touring cars were all types of cars. Coupes: 325i, M3, Mini, Jaguar XJS, AE86; sedan: Falcon, Primera; hatches: Volvo wagon, Sierra. "TCR" don't allow for 2-door coupes and 3-door hatches. Like I mentioned, even with similar/spot on performance, the cars cars in Gr.4 are not really like TCR. Though I'm fine with replicating liveries for them.

I still can't get why they chose Route X over Deep Forest. Don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying SSRX, but as far as I knew, Deep Forest would be the main original track scheduled to make a return.

Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway were remastered well in GT6.

I hope they could add thoes classics too!

I feel like PD thinks nobody cares about original classics but real circuits. The classics what make me go back, if the game doesn't have Spa or something you can just go play another sim racer.

I still can't get why they chose Route X over Deep Forest. Don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying SSRX, but as far as I knew, Deep Forest would be the main original track scheduled to make a return.
I'm pretty sure it was because SSRX was used a whole ton in GT5 and GT6 for drags and cruises and PD's data shows that so they'd debut that track first.
And it's also probably because the track was in the works much earlier. I'm also guessing it's also easier to model since there isn't much to model since it's an oval compared to a circuit full of curves. Not to mention the background detail. Deep Forest has a ton of trees.

Same. We know they've been working on these tracks for a while now and yet they come up with tracks that the community basically does not ask for (while confirming future updates with those we ask for).
Same goes for the cars, we've had so many clues of them scanning cars that we are far from getting in the game (Lancia 037, drift 350Z and so on...).

I wonder what their roadmap looks like as a project team.:confused:

Autumn Ring and High Speed Ring were also nicely done in the PS3-era, to mention just two.

Several remastered originals to speculate over, then. But does Sport have enough life span to include them all, I wonder?

There’s bound to be a selection of real world tracks left on the list (?) over future monthly updates, both returning ones and all new, plus some probable newly designed originals, and the odd extension.

Since it seems to me content updates are getting increasingly harder to predict through analyses of data from previous updates: to reintroduce only three each of PD originals and known ”must have’s” from the real World would suggest another 9 (at best) to 15 months of Sport.

Then there’s the still missing SEMA and Pepple Beach specials. A rate of one per month would suggest quite a bit of life left - supposing they’re all meant to be included!
If so, the number of other vehicles left to include are sevenfold, or thereabouts. That’s exiting.

It’s still fun to try and predict what’s next, but it feels more and more like proper guess work.
Wich is fine. Surprises do have some charms over certainties.

Last edited:
Please be Deep Forest, please be Deep Forest!

And Rain.

I'm yet to be convinced that PD have any interest revamping originals from PS1 and PS2, to be honest. None of the reasons given by Yamauchi make sense, and I quote;

The problem that we had with some of the older tracks from previous Gran Turismo games was the scale being off in certain places. The size of the trees are very large, or the width of the curbstones, etc. There were curbstones that were wider than cars!

If that's truly an inhibitor he's holding Deep Forest to a different standard to new tracks in the game. The kerbs are wider than the cars on the entrance of the swimming pool chicane at Dragon Trail Seaside, clearly they had no issue with that.

It reads like Yamauchi throwing out the most believable excuse.

Last edited:
I'm yet to be convinced that PD have any interest revamping originals from PS1 and PS2, to be honest. None of the reasons given by Yamauchi make sense, and I quote;

If that's truly an inhibitor he's holding Deep Forest to a different standard to new tracks in the game. The kerbs are wider than the cars on the entrance of the swimming pool chicane at Dragon Trail Seaside, clearly they had no issue with that.

True... They seem like blatant excuses, Kaz thinks nobody cares about them anymore but want real circuits which I find boring.

Maybe we were better off with just the Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B cars. It was all so simple then...

Thought I'd give this a go, I heard that there were usually between 7 to 13 cars in an update so here's my list

1 - Amuse 380RS Nismo Super Leggera (N400)
2 - Chevrolet El Camino SS 396, 1967 (N300)
3 - Ferrari FXX, 2007 (N800 or Gr.X)
4 - Hudson Commodore #7 Mario Andretti, 1948 (N100 or Gr.??)
5 - Isuzu 4200R Concept, 1989 (N300)
6 - Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, 2013 (N200)
7 - Lexus LFA, 2010 (N600)
8 - Mazda RX-8 Type S, 2007 (N200)
9 - Mitsubishi i-MiEV, 2009 (N100 or Gr.X)
10 - Oldsmobile Toronardo (Jay Leno), 1966 (N1000)
11 - Pagani Huayra, 2011 (N700)
12 - Tesla Roadster, 2008 (N300 or Gr.X)
13 - Volvo C-30 R-Design, 2009 (N200)

Hudson Commodore GT6.jpg Oldsmobile Toronardo 1966.jpg Ferrari FXX 2007.jpgEl Camino SS.jpg Tesla Roadster.jpg LFA Rear.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah but that was a design choice, not a product of incorrect scaling. If we look at Deep Forest in GT6, the curbs weren't as wide as the cars, so if the curbs are wider, the rest of the track would be larger; both in length and width. If the curbs are over 2 metres wide, the track would be the width of a speedway and would look comical.

Yeah but that was a design choice, not a product of incorrect scaling. If we look at Deep Forest in GT6, the curbs weren't as wide as the cars, so if the curbs are wider, the rest of the track would be larger; both in length and width. If the curbs are over 2 metres wide, the track would be the width of a speedway and would look comical.

This is true, but the quote from Yamauchi is that the scale was off in certain places, which implies that its not the scale of the whole track. If the willpower was there I don't believe it's a problem PD can't fix within a year given the resources at their disposal.

In any case, with $50m from Sony for each game they release, I think their track output rate is extremely underwhelming.

This is true, but the quote from Yamauchi is that the scale was off in certain places, which implies that its not the scale of the whole track. If the willpower was there I don't believe it's a problem PD can't fix within a year given the resources at their disposal.

In any case, with $50m from Sony for each game they release, I think their track output rate is extremely underwhelming.
Look I'm sure they're working on it, but I don't think the process is a straight forward one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back