Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked up past updates. Could only find from last Sept.

So regular yet random, if that makes any sense. :lol:

1.28 Sep 26 + 9 cars Fuji
1.29 Nov 6 + 9 cars Barcelona
1.30 Nov 15 maintenance
1.31 Dec 5 + 7 cars Tokyo South
1.32 Jan 17 + 8 cars SSX
1.33 Feb 8 maintenance
1.34 TBA
Limiting it to content updates only:
v1.06 - Nov 27 - 3 cars
v1.10 - Dec 22 - 12 cars, track
v1.11 - Jan 25 - 10 cars, two tracks
v1.13 - Feb 28 - 12 cars, track
v1.15 - Mar 29 - 13 cars, track
v1.17 - Apr 9 - 2 cars
v1.18 - Apr 27 - 1 cars, track
v1.19 - May 30 - 9 cars, track
v1.23 - Jul 30 - 8 cars, track
v1.25 - Aug 29 - 8 cars, track
v1.28 - Sep 26 - 9 cars, track
v1.29 - Nov 5 - 9 cars, track
v1.31 - Dec 5 - 7 cars, track
v1.32 - Jan 17 - 8 cars, track

The mean time between content updates up to v1.32 was 32 days, including the shorter gaps in April 2018 (10 and 18 days) and the gap from launch (42 days).

Anything would bring variety to the game at this point still. There's much more variety to be had. Barring another really really long oval. Like a really long one.

Goodwood Festival of Speed , it would be so good .

Attachments

• Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed-x-Montblanc-photo-report-17.jpg
    Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed-x-Montblanc-photo-report-17.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 28
Well Mario Andretti's Hudson is a Commodore while Doc Hudson is technically a Hornet. But the silhouette and shape of both cars are nearly alike so yeah, that does make sense to have that livery being popular when it comes back.
The car above isn't necessarily Doc. It's the car Marshall Teague drove in the 1951/52 Nascar season. But I mean, Doc was inspired by this car.

Also, I know the car Mario Andretti drove was a Commodore however, if you watch the Gran Turismo 6 video of the car's recreation, they used a '53 Hornet since the bodies of the two cars were very similar as you mentioned.

Looked up past updates. Could only find from last Sept.

So regular yet random, if that makes any sense. :lol:

1.28 Sep 26 + 9 cars Fuji
1.29 Nov 6 + 9 cars Barcelona
1.30 Nov 15 maintenance
1.31 Dec 5 + 7 cars Tokyo South
1.32 Jan 17 + 8 cars SSX
1.33 Feb 8 maintenance
1.34 TBA
I'm guessing that update will come somewhere around 26 feb.

Why? It was in polyphony digital studio. I even sent a link of the video if you didn't notice.

I wouldn't read anything into it all, to be honest - this photo, from a 2013 Eurogamer article, is of a store room at Polyphony Digital, containing Tamiya model kits for tens of cars - a number of which haven't appeared in a GT game - either at all, or at least for many years.

(Can you imagine if they did though! :drool:)
DSC_0092.JPG.jpg

I wouldn't read anything into it all, to be honest - this photo, from a 2013 Eurogamer article, is of a store room at Polyphony Digital, containing Tamiya model kits for tens of cars - a number of which haven't appeared in a GT game - either at all, or at least for many years.

DSC_0092.JPG.jpg

Testarossa and Statos Turbo are there!

I can only wish.

DSC_0092.JPG.jpg
Is there a chance that this Honda Bulldog will feature?

Screenshot_20190216-163933.png

DSC_0092.JPG.jpg
The boxes look very old and we can see also some bikes in the bottom left corner, so PS1/PS2 era. However, there are also some car from Ferrari and Porsche. And cars not even featured in any GT.

I’ve put over 1500hrs into GT Sport.

I can say now without a significant update, including a notable track, I’m just about done with the game.

I’ll still check for new liveries. But day-to-day playing, nah, that’s it for me.

I understand why you think it's a good idea, I don't blame you, but it's just a push to speculate a car will be coming to the game simply because of a toy car.
Well, there was another toy car that was added to the game. At one point I understand it might seem stupid to you, but it is possible

DSC_0092.JPG.jpg
I see Ferrari F50 there, which was added in 2018! So yeah...and that porsche was even placed on a table so I think it has even a bigger chance

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Ferrari F50 there, which was added in 2018! So yeah...and that porsche was even placed on a table so I think it has even a bigger chance

Yes, but equally, you can create an enormous list of cars from the photo I posted that have been nowhere near a GT game: the Mercedes E320, the Fiat 131 rally car, the Triumph TR7, the Nissan R381, the various McLaren, Ferrari, and Lotus F1 cars, the Volvo BTCC cars, among many, many others...

By your logic, all those cars should have been in GT6 as they were photographed in 2013 in Polyphony's office, and because there are model kits in that room in the game, the rest will be too, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Carrera GT in the game, and you may well be right - but Polyphony don't always do the logical or expected thing. Even when the evidence points to it being near certainty, you still can't be sure - Seattle in the GT6 NSX trailer, anyone?

So, with all that in mind - I'll believe when I see it in-game, rather than on someone's desk.

DSC_0092.JPG.jpg
As a scale model builder, I'd love to have all those kits. I've built a few of those.

Well, there was another toy car that was added to the game. At one point I understand it might seem stupid to you, but it is possible

So you only learned this time that the F50 was added last year? Lol.

So you only learned this time that the F50 was added last year? Lol.
What?

Yes, but equally, you can create an enormous list of cars from the photo I posted that have been nowhere near a GT game: the Mercedes E320, the Fiat 131 rally car, the Triumph TR7, the Nissan R381, the various McLaren, Ferrari, and Lotus F1 cars, the Volvo BTCC cars, among many, many others...

By your logic, all those cars should have been in GT6 as they were photographed in 2013 in Polyphony's office, and because there are model kits in that room in the game, the rest will be too, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Carrera GT in the game, and you may well be right - but Polyphony don't always do the logical or expected thing. Even when the evidence points to it being near certainty, you still can't be sure - Seattle in the GT6 NSX trailer, anyone?

So, with all that in mind - I'll believe when I see it in-game, rather than on someone's desk.
Don't need to make such a long comment, I only said that it could potentially come and that it might have a big chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DSC_0092.JPG.jpg
Yeah, this confirms NOTHING

Yep, confirms nothing, but still interesting to see, especially when you know the PS3 Skyline R34 was modelled after an 1:18 Autoart model.

Yep, confirms nothing, but still interesting to see, especially when you know the PS3 Skyline R34 was modelled after an 1:18 Autoart model.

If I remember correctly the low-res texture they used for the bottom of the chassis (which you never see) was from an AutoArt model, and from there, the whole thing got blown out of proportion. PD never laser scanned a toy car. Urban legend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back