Update 1.32 (January Update) speculation thread - update released!

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet someone will point this out here again with a lot of enthusiasm, "Oh yeah, what happened to that car? *posts picture of burnt Furai* Oh right." :lol::lol::lol:

Its easy recreate the car the data is there

Its easy recreate the car the data is there
Yep, it even used to exist in the previous titles. So, I guess there's nothing wrong if they could recreate that awesome car again in the game. Some people just don't want to see it again virtually, I think.

Yep, it used to exist in the previous titles. So, I guess there's nothing wrong if they could recreate that awesome car again in the game.

Mazda also has the blueprints of the car i highly doubt Mazda is going to let the car rot away it may have been burnt but the plans and blueprints of the car are there.

So the Shelby is the premium 350 in previous game instead of the standard 350R converted to premium.

Porsche 356 I'm glad they went with the A model instead of later B/C. Looks much better with the open top IMO. I'm not well versed on the various differences within models though so I don't know how valuable this specific variant is. Looking at wikipedia they did a 1.3L and 1.6L model too, so it looks like we're getting a mid range model.

The Integra is also the middle life variant it seems (previous games also had the '95 and '99 models).

It would be great to have that car again, but since it caught fire, it doesn't seem like we'll see in video games ever again...

Underneath the bodywork it was basically a Courage C65 ALMS car, and I bet Mazda still has the CAD files for the body and interior (if not, likely PD already scanned the car when they made it for previous games). So all the data is there if they want to bring it back. I think it has just fallen off the wayside because the LM55 replaced it and since it caught fire it just disappeared from the collective minds of car fans. It's a shame. It's one of my favourite designs ever and that engine sound is godly :drool:

There is overlap between the development of GT5P and GTPSP so it's probable they scanned it and got the necessary data at some point.

Looking at wikipedia they did a 1.3L and 1.6L model too, so it looks like we're getting a mid range model.
It may sound odd but the 1.5 that was used in the Carrera made the most power. Of course, the car in the game is a 1956 model. Porsche came out with a 1.6 Carrera in 1958 but for '56, the 1.5 was the top of line engine. It made 125 horsepower whereas the 1.6 Super engine only made 75. The Super was OHV and the Carrera was DOHC.
The 125HP 1.5 Carrera engine found in the car we're getting:
432532.jpg

And the more common but less powerful 75HP 1.6 Super:
6164154539_562584bb6f_b.jpg

@Volksauto Interesting piece of history there, thanks! My fondest memories of driving this car in NFS PU didn't really outline the differences between the models well, so I just assumed the larger engine will be the fastest. Good to know we're getting the speediest version :D

I'm hoping next week's Sport mode Race A will be the 356 on Comfort Hards, 1 lap at Nordschleife :embarrassed:

This is quite the flex of Porsche knowledge from PD, about 151 of these were built apparently.

It'd be a real treat if it was a RHD model because they only manufactured 3.

Are any of those stored in museums? That's a slim chance. RHD interiors are cool but they are evidence of convenience PD takes to get the models into the game to meet demand for more cars. The MiTo and Abarth 500 are RHD because they're taken from a Japanese showroom, the Lexus LC 500 is LHD as it was first available in the US instead of Japan.

Are any of those stored in museums? That's a slim chance. RHD interiors are cool but they are evidence of convenience PD takes to get the models into the game to meet demand for more cars. The MiTo and Abarth 500 are RHD because they're taken from a Japanese showroom, the Lexus LC 500 is LHD as it was first available in the US instead of Japan.
I don't know why but I would like the car more if it came in LHD in-game. Not a fan of RHD models that much but in the series, they're so common.

If the Fisker Karma is added to GTS, would it be in Gr.X or the N Classes. Yes it’s electric but it has a separate ICE. When the batteries are fully charged, the ICE is off but when the batteries are almost dead, the ICE kicks in and it starts recharging and powering the batteries/electric motor. The ICE doesn’t send power to the wheels. If the Karma runs out of charge and fuel it’ll act like a normal ICE car. Hmmm

As it is a hybrid without a gearbox and starts as fully electric (with the ICE as a range extender), it will still be in Gr. X.

If the Toyota Prius or the Koenigsegg Regera gets added to GT Sport they will also be in Gr. X due to CVT and a lack of a gearbox, respectively, despite them being hybrids.

As it is a hybrid without a gearbox and starts as fully electric (with the ICE as a range extender), it will still be in Gr. X.

If the Toyota Prius or the Koenigsegg Regera gets added to GT Sport they will also be in Gr. X due to CVT and a lack of a gearbox, respectively, despite them being hybrids.

There are cars in N class that are ICE hybrids... they do have an actual gearbox etc.

There are cars in N class that are ICE hybrids... they do have an actual gearbox etc.
Like the Honda NSX (Nine-speed gearbox!) and Ferrari LaFerrari. But those with CVT or direct drive could end up in Gr. X.

These were leaked the other day by PlayStation...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190114-194238.jpg
    Screenshot_20190114-194238.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 69
I'm going to guess no new track. I expect we'll get one or two extra layouts for Catalunya, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back