Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my theory : We will get a February update next week but it won't contain Spa; that comes in the March update which could arrive about a week after the Paris event. Spa, along with some new Group 3 material will possibly show up at the Paris event to launch the 2019 season. Wishful thinking perhaps, but let's see what happens...
I like this theory given how good last year's March Update was with mostly new cars to the series and less GT6 carryovers and also the introduction of Super GT cars.

Has anyone tracked how far in advance the server/maintenance notice comes out? Regardless of teaser. I’ve only been around these parts a short while, but it seems the maintenance notice comes out well in advance does it not?

I might be a bit late to the party but has it been confirmed Spa is coming?If so who by?

It was confirmed by @kie25 the YouTube streamer. He’s a top level driver and in amongst the clique of other world class drivers who are exposed to this kind of thing. He posted a YouTube video stating Spa was coming in the first quarter. It was corroborated by another top driver here, I forget who.

Kie was treated pretty poorly for releasing the speculation. And while as a YouTuber sure he may have a financial/traffic agenda he does not strike me as the sort of guy who makes click bait for traffic. Also not as the sort of guy who is a good enough actor to pull off the video the way he did. He was not disingenuous and believed what he was saying.

Short answer: it was confirmed by two people in the know more than 98% of the rest of us on here. Ultimately, still speculation.

No no no, I was hoping somebody else would “go nuts” and look. :lol: From a poor memory and not paying much attention (still too much) I think there’s usually at least three days notice of the downtime. It’s making a February update look tighter and tighter.

If that doesn’t happen then I think we’re looking at after the Paris event for a release because that’s the way Spain and the latest Tokyo tracks went.

Last year's February update was on the 28th. Doesn't get much tighter than that.

It was confirmed by @kie25 the YouTube streamer. He’s a top level driver and in amongst the clique of other world class drivers who are exposed to this kind of thing. He posted a YouTube video stating Spa was coming in the first quarter. It was corroborated by another top driver here, I forget who.

Kie was treated pretty poorly for releasing the speculation. And while as a YouTuber sure he may have a financial/traffic agenda he does not strike me as the sort of guy who makes click bait for traffic. Also not as the sort of guy who is a good enough actor to pull off the video the way he did. He was not disingenuous and believed what he was saying.

Short answer: it was confirmed by two people in the know more than 98% of the rest of us on here. Ultimately, still speculation.

Never heard of the guy,but then again i dont watch or subscribe to any youtube streams,i watch vids of games and other random stuff that people put on there but no following people im afraid.Just wondered if it was an official announcment that was put out somewhere. 👍

Never heard of the guy,but then again i dont watch or subscribe to any youtube streams,i watch vids of games and other random stuff that people put on there but no following people im afraid.Just wondered if it was an official announcment that was put out somewhere. 👍
No, was just his video and some kind of "confirmation" from Jordan;He didn't use the word confirmed but he said "In this case, be easy with Kie ;)" implying that he knows something about it :)

I went nuts briefly and took a scan through the links. I did not look through the thread discussion so if the data we’re looking for is in there it ain’t gonna be me getting it. That said, in the brief scan I took I could not see the dates that notices were posted, just the update notice/details on the day of release.

The data is available somewhere on here too since the forums swarm those notices like pirhannas on a pork chop.

I went nuts briefly and took a scan through the links. I did not look through the thread discussion so if the data we’re looking for is in there it ain’t gonna be me getting it. That said, in the brief scan I took I could not see the dates that notices were posted, just the update notice/details on the day of release.

The data is available somewhere on here too since the forums swarm those notices like pirhannas on a pork chop.
Yeh, I don't know mate and wasn't all that keen to go through what date the notice was posted vs what date the update was released.

If I had to guess I would say maybe a 48 hour warning notice that the servers would be shut down on a day/time other than the regular weekly maintenance.

No it hasn't, people are speculating because it's been in GT5 and GT6.
No. It was stated to be coming in the early part of this year from a trusted source. A source who had a link directly to PD. This source was then backed up by GTP mods when others piled in and tried to discredit him.

So much in here is rumour, speculation, wishful thinking. When we do get some credible ‘insider’ information it’s important to make that distinction. It’s all fun and games. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, we won’t need to hunt around for scraps of information. PD will have a Community Manager who understands the value of their userbase to a games prospects.

I hope they finally utilise some of these cars properly instead of lazily shoving them into the "catch-all void of Group X...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back