Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it sounds as good, and accurate, as the road going McLaren F1. Pace wise it’s very similar to current GTE/GT3. I just wonder if they’d put it in Gr.3 given it’s 25yrs old.

Then again PD put Group C into Gr.1.

Well Mclaren F1 GTR raced in GT500 in Japan. So gr. 2 maybe?

43093962_345666792854380_7286776291610810798_n.jpg

Don't get me wrong, you might be right, you might be wrong.

It is just i've seen so many words spoken which differed with what we actually got in the updates. That's why i am always skeptical about the "what we get in the update" stuff unless we get a proper solid proof of that stuff happening. Get what i mean?

Maybe if you get support from one of the GTP staff members (like that guy who predicted Spa), i'd consider the info more serious. But for now it just looks like another random speculation

P.S. it doesn't mean i'm gonna say no to Spa or a new McLaren, i'm just stating my thoughts

And GTP staff members know better than people who have been in the European and the World finals. Ok...

I can‘t exclude the possibility that eben the super aliens don’t have the whole picture, naturally.

Hey, we‘ll see in a few weeks what my sources are worth :-)

Last time I checked a map, Spa-Francorchamps was not located in Paris.

Hmm... Event in Paris, FRA.. maybe the "Circuit Côte d'Azur" is another guess? I know it is originally located in Monaco, but it was listed as in FRA in GT6. And didn`t they mention the return of it in the world finals..?

Ok, read and understand:

When I write „whispers from up high“ I don’t mean God or any other imaginative power. I mean people who are so close to PD that they know. Period. These are not speculations or my wishlist. Paris is fix, people have been invited already.

As I also wrote: You can believe it or not. They don’t tell me everything, actually they are not supposed to tell ANYONE, but people are people, right?
Relax. I just ask where did you get the infos, because i'm interested to go there.

Ass isn't a filtered out word by the way, and also I'd recommend not trying to circumvent the swear word restriction/filter.

Don't try to slap me on my hand when u yourself used GD before. It was a joke. Don't like it move in or report it. Its all good....no luv lost

Interesting...so once again road cars DLC mainly? Tad boring now....so does that mean the Supra will come with the GT500 Concept Supra also or?

Intriguing either way

Interesting...so once again road cars DLC mainly? Tad boring now....so does that mean the Supra will come with the GT500 Concept Supra also or?

Intriguing either way

I mean, there's been absolutely no confirmed news or even a teaser for any update. So na, nothing is intriguing until there is news to process.

I just wait that considering the amount of time without an update (almost 2 months) if they are going to reveal content in Paris should be plenty on quantity and quality

I mean, there's been absolutely no confirmed news or even a teaser for any update. So na, nothing is intriguing until there is news to process.

I was referring to Majorwolf72, mate. So to me it’s intriguing...

I was referring to Majorwolf72, mate. So to me it’s intriguing...

Oh jeez, are we really now treating news from someone who said 'hear whispered up high' as legitimate and intriguing...

Look, what some random people says on the internet might be true, it might be false. But right now, it isn't conclusive, and you shouldn't instantly believe everything you see on the internet.

A quick reminder for a few people here:
GTPlanet FAQ
Why does GTPlanet have unusual rules?
GTPlanet’s Acceptable Use Policy applies across all areas of the website and is somewhat unusual on the Internet due to its request for “decent grammar” and the prohibition of “txtspk”.

Such rules are often met with confusion and contempt by some new users. However, GTPlanet is not just another disposable “video game forum” – it is a community and a home for thousands of like-minded people which has thrived for more than a decade. These rules have always been in place, and remind everyone to put a little more thought into what they’re contributing to the community. In turn, this creates a more pleasant and attractive place for everyone.

Don't try to slap me on my hand when u yourself used GD before. It was a joke. Don't like it move in or report it. Its all good....no luv lost

When exactly? And no one is "slapping you on the hand". Just giving you advice so you don't have to look like some child on a online game trying to circumvent a banned word (that isn't banned), if I wanted to report you instead of tell you I'd have done so.

When exactly? And no one is "slapping you on the hand". Just giving you advice so you don't have to look like some child on a online game trying to circumvent a banned word (that isn't banned), if I wanted to report you instead of tell you I'd have done so.

Its all good like i said. No back and forth needed. All is kool and kool is good.

Well Mclaren F1 GTR raced in GT500 in Japan. So gr. 2 maybe?

43093962_345666792854380_7286776291610810798_n.jpg
The long-tail F1 GTR is 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than the short-tail version. Even so, it’s still a good 8-10 seconds slower than a current GT500.

We were also there. And in the US finals, and the Salzburg exhibition event. Maybe we'll see you in Paris...

*sigh* I‘m not a World Finalist. So I won’t be invited. I‘m not press or influencer of any kind, either.

The point is: My source is invited. Any World Finalists in the GTP staff? I don’t know all of you, so ok, if that is the case, hurrah and more power to GTP.

After the news concerning the live event of Paris, march 14-18, my unpopular prediction for the update is end of march.

Because P.DIGITAL likes to tease us before to give us ...

.. as usual I hope to be wrong...

IR

Here's my theory : We will get a February update next week but it won't contain Spa; that comes in the March update which could arrive about a week after the Paris event. Spa, along with some new Group 3 material will possibly show up at the Paris event to launch the 2019 season. Wishful thinking perhaps, but let's see what happens...

Waiting for Paris event (teasing new content of a big update) i'll be happy with a flash update next week with just the new Supra.

*sigh* I‘m not a World Finalist. So I won’t be invited. I‘m not press or influencer of any kind, either.
Well, the last World Tour event I was at (in Salzburg) had spectators, and so did the European Final in Madrid, so there's always a chance. Depending on the venue, of course.
The point is: My source is invited.
So were we. And my lanyard said "staff", not "media"...
Any World Finalists in the GTP staff?
Three of us went, as invited by Polyphony Digital. If you mean competitors, I think the best we managed was @Wardez at the Americas Final in Las Vegas (where there were four of GTPlanet's moderation and editorial team!). In terms of times and points scores it's probably me next, but even though I can get pretty close to the lowest-ranked European Finals racers, I'm British so utterly screwed because there's like 30 people higher than me and it's top 3 only...

But I'm still not quite sure of the point. I think you're saying that the information you're telling us about the next GTS update came to you from an FIAGTC World Finalist who told you it came to them from Polyphony Digital/Sony when they met up in Amsterdam last week, and when someone pointed out that the GTP staff (they were actually meaning the site owner in that instance) had previously verified some other user's post one time, you suggested that you thought the GTP staff (again, the site owner) wouldn't be as informed as an FIAGTC World Finalist - although we've not actually said anything about this update, so there's no conflict of informations that would put the GTP staff in opposition to an FIAGTC World Finalist...

Is that about right?

Here's my theory : We will get a February update next week but it won't contain Spa; that comes in the March update which could arrive about a week after the Paris event. Spa, along with some new Group 3 material will possibly show up at the Paris event to launch the 2019 season. Wishful thinking perhaps, but let's see what happens...

Sounds good.

Watching Spa being raced in before release would be very demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back