Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vectra was my favorite car when i was a child. I don't know why, but i always found it to be so pretty.
Folks here used the Vectra between 2000-2005, when GM decided to use the Astra.

vectra-stock-2001-1.jpg
hoffmann.jpg

I can't tell you how excited i was when i saw the Vectra Racing Mod in GT2.

537178-353360d81547c6f90268d796ec4b8071.jpg

Personally, i thought back in the day that this car could be my first car. Too bad that GM killed it. I can't find one in good conditions too...
Drove a 1.8 2002 CDX Vectra for years, only recently selling it on. Great car and excellent value for money. I’ll say this for Vauxhal / Opel, you get a massive bang for your buck. Heated leather seats, 6 CD autochanger, climate control - all singing, all dancing! As a hand me down car straight out of uni it was excellent. Certainly an upgrade on your typical early noughties hatchbacks.

The Vectra was my favorite car when i was a child. I don't know why, but i always found it to be so pretty.
Folks here used the Vectra between 2000-2005, when GM decided to use the Astra.

vectra-stock-2001-1.jpg
hoffmann.jpg

I can't tell you how excited i was when i saw the Vectra Racing Mod in GT2.

537178-353360d81547c6f90268d796ec4b8071.jpg

Personally, i thought back in the day that this car could be my first car. Too bad that GM killed it. I can't find one in good conditions too...
GM axed the Vectra.

PD staff and drivers where in Holland for an event last week. We also know there will be a GT competition in Paris early-mid March. I know it’s a meme now, but we also have an impeccable source, backed by mods, stating Spa is coming early in the year.

PD staff and drivers where in Holland for an event last week. We also know there will be a GT competition in Paris early-mid March. I know it’s a meme now, but we also have an impeccable source, backed by mods, stating Spa is coming early in the year.
Last time I checked a map, Spa-Francorchamps was not located in Paris.

:sly:

I just stated this in the general discussion section, I don’t think we’re going to see an update until then and I do think it will be Spa to kick it all off.

Ok, Kids, this is what I hear whispered high up, and you can believe it or not:

Update will be early in March. That could coincide with the said Paris Event, which is going to be for the last World Finalists.

Track will NOT be Spa.

Update will comprise, amongst other cars, a MX5, the new Supra and a McLaren.

Last edited:

Update will be early in March.

Track will NOT be Spa.

At this stage, those are possible.. plausible. Really soon for a McLaren, but maybe the 570S GT4. or 720S GT3(it's not a new manufacturer, however, could be a new Gr.3 car for the next FiA event).

At this stage, those are possible.. plausible. Really soon for a McLaren, but maybe the 570S GT4. or 720S GT3(it's not a new manufacturer, however, could be a new Gr.3 car for the next FiA event).

No word on Gr3 or Gr4, so the McLaren will either be a GrX or Nxxx

Update will be early in March. That could coincide with the said Paris Event, which is going to be for the last World Finalists.

Track will NOT be Spa.

McLaren e.

Just to be safe, I'm gonna guess this if what you said that there's going to be a McLaren.
latest

Track will NOT be Spa.

Or the update might aswell land at the end of February, have Spa as the featured track and among the cars there will be Fiat 124 Spider, a Porsche and maybe some Gr.X prototype

It is PD, there is no specific logic or pattern to their updates whatsoever. Literally anything can happen. There are still some PB cars left, some SEMA winners, bunch of cars that were scanned quite a long ago (Chris Forsberg's drift-spec 370Z was rumoured even before the game itself was released, if i am not mistaken) are still not included. Let alone the tracks.

Let's just wait and see what happens, because at this point of time, there is literally no sense in speculating without any solid proof, and people close to PD are very good at not letting any secrets out, so...

The paris gt worldtour event would be an amazing place to tease for new cars and SPA in the next update a month from now. So I speculate... 'hope' we get an announcement by the end of this weekend for this months and it will not contain SPA but an original track or a real world track...or a new layout.
Just pleeeaaassse PD dont make us wait another whole month for an update.
That would kill alot of buzz.

McLaren e.

Just to be safe, I'm gonna guess this if what you said that there's going to be a McLaren.
latest
Oh, I'd love it, but I can read the grumbling now, "How can it be in Gr.3? It should be in its own class.", "This means PD will make a new Group for GT1 cars.", "This car should really be in Gr.2... it's too fast for Gr.3.", "Th F1 is going to nerfed like God knows what.", yada, yada, yada...

Oh, I'd love it, but I can read the grumbling now, "How can it be in Gr.3? It should be in its own class.", "This means PD will make a new Group for GT1 cars.", "This car should really be in Gr.2... it's too fast for Gr.3.", "Th F1 is going to nerfed like God knows what.", yada, yada, yada...
I already imagined that happening before I even posted it. :lol:

But hey anything can happen.

This month only has 28 days so its most likely an early march update.

Hi ! Newcomer from Paris here. Where did you have those informations about a Paris GT World Tour ?

Or the update might aswell land at the end of February, have Spa as the featured track and among the cars there will be Fiat 124 Spider, a Porsche and maybe some Gr.X prototype

It is PD, there is no specific logic or pattern to their updates whatsoever. Literally anything can happen. There are still some PB cars left, some SEMA winners, bunch of cars that were scanned quite a long ago (Chris Forsberg's drift-spec 370Z was rumoured even before the game itself was released, if i am not mistaken) are still not included. Let alone the tracks.

Let's just wait and see what happens, because at this point of time, there is literally no sense in speculating without any solid proof, and people close to PD are very good at not letting any secrets out, so...

Ok, read and understand:

When I write „whispers from up high“ I don’t mean God or any other imaginative power. I mean people who are so close to PD that they know. Period. These are not speculations or my wishlist. Paris is fix, people have been invited already.

As I also wrote: You can believe it or not. They don’t tell me everything, actually they are not supposed to tell ANYONE, but people are people, right?

McLaren e.

latest
Hard to believe, the GT1 era in GR.1 but this Mclaren winner is slower than the Long tail, but if this true maybe in the future some GT1 and LMP 2000 cars coming too

Ok, read and understand:

When I write „whispers from up high“ I don’t mean God or any other imaginative power. I mean people who are so close to PD that they know. Period. These are not speculations or my wishlist. Paris is fix, people have been invited already.

As I also wrote: You can believe it or not. They don’t tell me everything, actually they are not supposed to tell ANYONE, but people are people, right?

Don't get me wrong, you might be right, you might be wrong.

It is just i've seen so many words spoken which differed with what we actually got in the updates. That's why i am always skeptical about the "what we get in the update" stuff unless we get a proper solid proof of that stuff happening. Get what i mean?

Maybe if you get support from one of the GTP staff members (like that guy who predicted Spa), i'd consider the info more serious. But for now it just looks like another random speculation

P.S. it doesn't mean i'm gonna say no to Spa or a new McLaren, i'm just stating my thoughts

I`m so glad im not the only one who dislikes vgt cars,no disrespect to those who like them but IMO they belong in ridge racer/futuristic racer type games.Like i said not dissing people for there likes/dislikes,i appreciate they are part of the `gran turismo thing`.👍

A lot of Concepts, which many VGTs are, have actually become well known cars in the future. For example the modern Nissan GT-R was a Concept Car originally and was placed in earlier GT Games as a concept car.

A lot of Concepts, which many VGTs are, have actually become well known cars in the future. For example the modern Nissan GT-R was a Concept Car originally and was placed in earlier GT Games as a concept car.
True,i never really thought of it that way.Still not a fan of them though.I had to google the gtr concept and i remember it now,they have been included in the later games in the series i think,though the Nike was the first`futuristic`looking car in the series wasnt it?Somebody correct me if im wrong.

McLaren e.

latest
Hopefully it sounds as good, and accurate, as the road going McLaren F1. Pace wise it’s very similar to current GTE/GT3. I just wonder if they’d put it in Gr.3 given it’s 25yrs old.

Then again PD put Group C into Gr.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back