Update, of sorts!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 416 comments
I just had a go after not playing for a few weeks. DS4 immediately felt better, last update seemed to have messed it up. I haven't touched the settings but it felt really nice, better than before tye last update in fact. Maybe that is down to the physics update too. Replay runs smoother. Wheel rims paint seems to be fixed. Liveries on the macca 720 still a mess. Headlights are a welcome fix. Game seems to run smoother on base PS4.

Something I wish they added was when you click showroom with the doors open and lights on it would stay like that but they doubt, doors would be shut and lights off, not anymore.
View attachment 955053
You can mess about with tye GT4 liveried too but cant save them.

Game still crashes. Went to save highlights and got the blue screen. No FOV and seat adjustment, baffling in a sim. I started a an early morning race in the dark and everything was fuzzy, looked bloody terrible. I watched the replay and saw that it was actually the rain. Wipers would not wipe the screen very well and it just looked terrible. Someone test that and see if it was a one off or if they've ruined it.

All in all it feels so nice to drive.

If you look at auxiliary in livery editor you can see some cars you can pick none or 1+, and if you scroll all the way down in the colour palette there are a bunch of colours which is what you're meant to select for the lights I believe. If you select a colour of your choice you will see during the race that the led board on the windshield with your number on it is now in the colour of your choice ( pretty sure it was the colour I selected unless it was just that car that had blue LEDs). Theres a blue light in every cabin when you turn on endure lights. I wish we could get in the drivers seat too in the car selection screen.

Yes aware of the aux lights from the endurance cars now,(reported missing ones)

Blue cabin light from the Nissan GTR 2018 is gone in this patch.
McLaren 720S wipers work but water stays on shield.

Both bugs also reported.

Like I said to @Scaff , that 505games CM guy ,Mike said we can request and suggest in the bug report form, so hopefully lots of people ask camara moviments,fov settings, UDP support, keyboard compatibility for button mapping, autodor system for racing wheels

As for blue screens, do an database rebuild of the console, can fix quite some errors.
Didn't get any blue screens for now

Yes aware of the aux lights from the endurance cars now,(reported missing ones)

Blue cabin light from the Nissan GTR 2018 is gone in this patch.
McLaren 720S wipers work but water stays on shield.

Both bugs also reported.

Like I said to @Scaff , that 505games CM guy ,Mike said we can request and suggest in the bug report form, so hopefully lots of people ask camara moviments,fov settings, UDP support, keyboard compatibility for button mapping, autodor system for racing wheels

As for blue screens, do an database rebuild of the console, can fix quite some errors.
Didn't get any blue screens for now
Iwould love static cam back too.

Nice to see the headlights working but are the tracks still too bright at night time compared to pc? And still no HDR in the console version?

Still a complete mess on One X. I’m about to just give up and buy it for PS4. Is it running smoothly on there? Really frustrating. It’s such a stuttering mess on One X that it’s almost nauseating.

It runs just fine on my One X. I think I noticed one little brief stutter in a 30 minute race.

It looks much crisper now. Colors are quite as bleached out as they looked before the update. I just had time to run a 30 minute race in the Audi at Nurburgring. I didn't really get a good sense that anything was different with the FFB.

Did they increase the font size in the lap timer? It looks bigger to me and my older eyes appreciate it. I could hear the increased volume from the rumble strips which is nice.

I like that they opened up the 2020 liveries but now it seems drivers can be racing against themselves. I wanted to run the new Sketchers livery which is on the #32 Audi and I selected Dries Vanthoor. But in the race Dries Vanthoor was also driving the #2 Audi. Not a big thing but it just seemed kind of odd.

I never ran a night race before this update so I don't know how bad the lights were but that is my next thing to try.

Still a complete mess on One X. I’m about to just give up and buy it for PS4. Is it running smoothly on there? Really frustrating. It’s such a stuttering mess on One X that it’s almost nauseating.

I play on a regular 1 GB PS4 slim.

I never had all these isues that everyone seems to complain about. Yes game has it faults, and further improvements are welcome.

But its certanly playable. IMO its by far the best racing game on Console.

I tried briefly on my One X before going to work, and I think now runs a bit smoother, less stuttering than before.

Surely the next desired step will be to have it at 60fps, it they could make it (even lowering down the res at 1440p), it will be a blast.

Just had a quick race, everything seems good. Can't tell much difference to the FFB at all, which I guess is a good thing as I liked it before.

Still get some stuttering under heavy load, such as turn 1 at Nurb from the start. Will check Spa asap.

I'm not happy that they've relocated the Race Control message box to right in the bottom middle of the screen, right in front of my motec, therefore making it much harder to read or stand out.

Massive improvement to headlights.

If you make a custom team, then select the driver customisation screen the driver animation frame rate tanks when you select your teammates. Very odd.

Also I made a custom livery for the 650S the other week and when I select that car now I have no option to see the original livery anymore. Been like that for a while.

On the whole, the patch seems fine but other than night racing nothing drastically has improved. Let's hope bug patching takes priority now.

Oh, and lap times have got quicker it seems.

Edit: they definitely changed the track surface details. No rubber in braking zones even with an optimal track. Why??

After the last patch and a PS4 database rebuild the performance through Eau Rouge was acceptable. Since this patch it has reverted to the single digit mess from before.

Will rebuild database again and retry.
How is this section giving the engine such massive issues? Having an unplayable version of Spa in a racing game irks me somewhat.

It runs just fine on my One X. I think I noticed one little brief stutter in a 30 minute race.

It looks much crisper now. Colors are quite as bleached out as they looked before the update. I just had time to run a 30 minute race in the Audi at Nurburgring. I didn't really get a good sense that anything was different with the FFB.

Did they increase the font size in the lap timer? It looks bigger to me and my older eyes appreciate it. I could hear the increased volume from the rumble strips which is nice.

I like that they opened up the 2020 liveries but now it seems drivers can be racing against themselves. I wanted to run the new Sketchers livery which is on the #32 Audi and I selected Dries Vanthoor. But in the race Dries Vanthoor was also driving the #2 Audi. Not a big thing but it just seemed kind of odd.

I never ran a night race before this update so I don't know how bad the lights were but that is my next thing to try.

It's definitely playable but if you try another game that runs a locked 60 fps or even 30 fps there's a night and day difference. While the game works, the frame rate is still a mess on my console.

After the last patch and a PS4 database rebuild the performance through Eau Rouge was acceptable. Since this patch it has reverted to the single digit mess from before.

How is this section giving the engine such massive issues? Having an unplayable version of Spa in a racing game irks me somewhat.
The only thing rebuilding the database has done for me is leave a 52.30 GB file called Other on my internal drive and a 113.3 MB file called Other on the external drive. Neither is accessible by me.

All my locally saved GTS saved race replays are gone. The only ones I have still got are the files I shared online.

As for the update. Tried it with the G29. No improvement. It is surprising as the wheel works with the PC version brilliantly.

The only thing rebuilding the database has done for me is leave a 52.30 GB file called Other on my internal drive and a 113.3 MB file called Other on the external drive. Neither is accessible by me.

All my locally saved GTS saved race replays are gone. The only ones I have still got are the files I shared online.

As for the update. Tried it with the G29. No improvement. It is surprising as the wheel works with the PC version brilliantly.
I just rebuilt it and performance is much better. Not perfect, but I can actually get through the corner without it dropping to single digit framerates now.

A new issue that the patch has created is very low textures for sponsor decals on the NSX 2019. It's like they're not loading properly. Not sure if other cars are affected.

Texture res has dropped, notice it on the tarmac and gravel on 4k tv and peeved that my steering feels so much less responsive after playing the base 1.12 install on release which feels identical too the pc version , now it just sucks, anyone got any ideas too improve responsiveness in my steering?

I've only had this issue at spa twice I think, one of them was last night.
I just rebuilt it and performance is much better. Not perfect, but I can actually get through the corner without it dropping to single digit framerates now.

A new issue that the patch has created is very low textures for sponsor decals on the NSX 2019. It's like they're not loading properly. Not sure if other cars are affected.
The 720s liveries are bad, but that's since the prior update. Custom liveries that is.

I haven't noticed too many positive changes so far, but I've got some negatives:
The corrupt set up bug is still there.
When you go from the PS screen back to the game, the G29 wheel now locks up in a weird way and needs to be reset in order to resume playing.
It is slightly more confusing to manage the setup saves. I prefer the old way.

The only positives so far for me is that I have noticed a slight improvement in lap times and I can now also see the track temperature and condition info on the HUD during the race, which is very useful for setting tire pressures.
Can't say I have noticed any physics changes though.
Have yet to try the lights at night.

I've only had this issue at spa twice I think, one of them was last night.
The 720s liveries are bad, but that's since the prior update. Custom liveries that is.
I've now seen a few cars with low res liveries. Looks like the 2020 livery update has messed something up

Yup... that is only some of the issues happend (rain drops phisycs on windshield are broken, tyres marks in braking points and corner exits are gone.. track surface is always clean now)

Recommend you guys to report

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

I must've submitted 4 or 5 reports today lol
So frustrating when a patch introduces issues that weren't present before.

I'm at 19 submissions today:boggled:

The last 2 are save bugs

Car Setups save correctly but when you load it , all what you set is gone:banghead:

FFB preset save the same...you make an FFB config, name it, save it (apparently correct) and when you load it's nothing what you configured/set:banghead:

I'm at 19 submissions today:boggled:

The last 2 are save bugs

Car Setups save correctly but when you load it , all what you set is gone:banghead:

FFB preset save the same...you make an FFB config, name it, save it (apparently correct) and when you load it's nothing what you configured/set:banghead:
I really wish they would buy a consumer copy of the game and test it. I'm presuming they dont, if they do then that raises more questions.

Back