Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

How many? :(
Here it is Harsk.

Although as Tav says the season pass that includes all this years DLC is better value. It is not on special offer at the moment though which is a shame. It might be better to wait until it is. Perhaps Sick can give you an alternative car(s).

Its outside in a home made shed.
Hope you've got a good lock on the door!

Neat set up. Don't you bang your elbow on the left hand side?

I think you've got as many cables as me.

Would be great to see some of your set ups
I keep meaning to do that but also keep forgetting. I've got my camera out which is a start.

How many? :(

I didn't know that you didn't have cars Harsk! You can still participate in the series, but will need substitute cars - it is best to contact me before the start of each series so I can check and test cars etc. So in future please check the car list and send me a message before round 1. This will save delaying the meeting by 10 minutes while we try to resolve the problem on the night.

We are using as much of the DLC content as possible because this is popular - having paid extra for it, most people (including me) want to try it out! However people who haven't got the relevant DLC cars just need to let me know before the season starts so we can sort out alternative cars.

In this 10 round series, for Am Drivers, we are using 4 different cars, 1 of which (the Ferrari 365 GTB4) is already in the game. The Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 and the Porsche 917K were included in the Porsche DLC. The Ferrari 512M was included in the Le Mans Pack.

Alternatives for these cars are as follows:
Ferrari 365 GTB4 - No alternative as included in the base game
Ferrari 512M - Alternative - 1967 Ford MK4 - use number 26 as this looks like a Matra paint scheme
Porsche 911 - Alternative - Nissan 240ZG - use number 84
Porsche 917K - Alternative - 1967 Ford MK4 - number 26

Please let me know asap which of the above cars you have so that if you are using the Nissan I can schedule the rounds so you are not using it in night rounds as it has no headlamps.

During the race I noticed that you were using a central line around the banking - when driving one of the slower GT cars please stick to either the inner or outer line and leave the centre clear for the much faster Porsche 917 and Ferrari 512 cars!

NB I did write all this out and attempt to post it much earlier in the day, but there was an error message relating to the GT Planet servers!

Still hung over from all that podium champagne :rolleyes:

Tried my first live stream. Can any of you regular streamers tell me how to get rid of the silly sidebar? Quite annoying having to race with it, makes the screen smaller

Edit – good squeaky bum moment @ 1:23.14 with Simba right on my tail!

Last edited:
Bugger I forgot about the football!!! Assuming no extra time it will finish 8.45 but if it goes all the way we are talking nearer 10pm - any chance of pushing the race back an hour or so to be sure?!!!

Anyone going to Goodwood FoS? It would be great to catch up with any of you.

Good luck finding them! I'm having a year off FOS this year but will be at the Revival (it's actually going to be my honeymoon this year...)

If you guys haven't seen it, here's the latest 'PC2 Insider's Guide' – nothing revaltionary in there but worth a watch for anyone in our room

No IB have thought about going too revival, but ticket prices were quite expensive. Got a similar thing at Croft, not as big, was really good.:D

Trust me, worth every penny.

Good luck finding them! I'm having a year off FOS this year but will be at the Revival (it's actually going to be my honeymoon this year...)

Mate, if you’re doing your honeymoon at Goodwood Revival, she’s most definitely a keeper.

On a serious note, you think then that the Revival is better? It’s on my bucket list but never got to go.

I know @Zolon32, who races with us occasionally, is going on Sunday. He's quite a sociable fellow. :)

I was thinking more of the regulars...

Whats the category of the multi class cars were racing, here. I can't find vintage tyres, on these cars Joe, maybe just PC.:D

Ed checked there only on the Classic Lotus, needs a lot more care driving, in my short test spun a lot.:embarrassed:

Last edited:
Note, this weeks round is at Historic Monza GP circuit (not banked). Qualifying will be dry, but the race will start with a brief, light shower - the sun will then come out and the track will dry. There will be another brief shower before the end of the meeting. (we are simulating April showers) Take extra care while visibility is low! - visibility will be poor for the first few laps, but will improve dramatically as soon as it stops raining (a few minutes) - the podium guys will be people who took it steady and avoided an accident during the opening laps.

As you go under the bridge there is a puddle, which doesn't fully dry out - short shift into top gear to reduce the chance of spinning on this water (it was more of a problem in the Ford MK 4 on Monday with its higher torque). There will be a lot of lapping - slower cars should follow the racing line, the track is wide, especially on the straights (double width on the pit straight) so it should be possible to overtake without contact, but a little patience may be required at times.

The room will be set to accept Vintage Prototype A and B as well as Vintage GTA. @Harsk100 should use a Ford MK4 number 26 for this round (4) and the next (5).

@1Lambofan (Deathstroke639) should use a Ferrari 512M number 9 for this round and the next - if you don't have that car (it is DLC) please use a Ford MK 4 number 25.

Good luck one and all and please take extra care because of the poor visibility / rain spray!

Last edited:
Results from Monza

Monza Classic 1970.jpg

I was very surprised to see me first in qualifying after two weeks without touching the wheel.

I was very careful on the first laps on the rain but managed to stay in front up to half the race. Then I misjudged the speed and position of a car on the rain on the shadowed part of the track (turn your lights on, please :)) and swerved to avoid him, slightly hitting the barrier.

Got some minor damage on the rear suspension that made the car trickier to drive, especially on the wet parts of the track and at high speeds. That led to some other minor hits and finally me pitting. Lost a minute and ended up with damage on the front suspension. Got a great battle with @AndreasR for the last couple of laps. Well deserved podium for him.

Mr @Tavilha, you’ll be missed these 3 races, although I am going to miss the 6th of August one for the same reason as you.

How come im not showing on race results.would hate it if i endured 1hr of quali and race ,trudging round at the back with no one to race against for nothing.The 911,a lovely car to drive but massively under powered for that circuit I fear Spa will be much the same

How come im not showing on race results.would hate it if i endured 1hr of quali and race ,trudging round at the back with no one to race against for nothing.The 911,a lovely car to drive but massively under powered for that circuit I fear Spa will be much the same

Yes - I noticed that, but don't fear - you are on the updated Championship Points Table (posted on page 1 and below). For the Am Drivers, competing in the GT cars is a chance to score big points! Points earned in GT are scored in red.

There were a few wrong cars / liveries in the race, but I didn't want to hold up the start of the race - @John Wells please switch to the Ferrari 512M number 6 with the Penske livery (blue) - this is probably the most famous of all 512M's.

@bichumau - you should have been driving a Ferrari 365 GTB4 number 75 for Round 4 and 5 - please use this car next week at Historic Spa. Please also use the same type of car, but number 37, for round 3 which will be held the week after Round 10 (it was delayed due to the World Cup).

@1Lambofan (PSN Deathstroke639) - I am sorry the game would not let you in - we have had people successfully join the session late in the past, but maybe too much of the qualifying session had run.

@slthree - due to the holiday season there is now likely to be space for you to watch or compete - in future if you are online at 20:30 BST, when the meeting starts on a Wednesday, I will send you an invitation. Please use a Porsche 917K number 38 or if you don't have that car (it is DLC) use a Ford MK4 number 29.

1970 Round 4 of 10 Monza Wet.jpg

Next Round - 5 from Historic Spa (Fog) - 25th July 2018

On a serious note, you think then that the Revival is better? It’s on my bucket list but never got to go.

I wouldn't say better, it's a completely different experience. Definitely one to promote to the top of your bucket list. It's not just the cars but all the little period details – they even have a 1950s Tescos that sells vintage-branded products!

Then I misjudged the speed and position of a car on the rain on the shadowed part of the track (turn your lights on, please :)) and swerved to avoid him, slightly hitting the barrier.

I fear this might have been me :rolleyes: It had just started raining again and I was doing my best to stay on track with the three of you coming in hot – I knew that me spinning would probably take all three of you out! Lights will be on from race start next time...

How come im not showing on race results

Yeah there's something weird going on with those results. However I definitely DEFINITELY remember lapping @Tavilha twice so I think that should be noted on Sick's official results. In fact, that's going on my gravestone.

Sorry Sick I didn't realise there was two #6, a little confusing.:irked: Good race, was trying to keep up with Joe, both had a little moment. Then I had got some damage, pitted, come back out for some laps. Then someone crashed to me, like Olds crash on Monday, had to pit again. So was quite far down by this time, made more mistakes, on the water. More practice needed for next week, was try too hard I think.:ill:

For the same price of Goodwood, I could get 2 weekend tickets, British Touring Cars, or 1 each of Bikes and Cars. Would be better if made some special offers, to make it more affordable.:)

Latest Posts

Back