Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

My brake pedal has the same travel as the accelerator and registers full braking force at about 85%. When i brought the set i saw the mod and thought oouuu nice. But i found it just to be rock hard and small basically like a door stop. Granted i gave it no time and removed it straight away as i was more after a progressive force over more travel. To me it felt like with the mod i got free travel for 30% then rock hard for 10%. maybe this is realistic but i dont brake hard in my road car and have never done a track day. I just did not feel comfortable with it on as 90% of the time i was playing F1

Well calibrated is a great tool.

If you smash your car brakes in a straight line and your ABS is not really intrusive, you should get a hard rock feeling. (Unless you have air in the system or your fluid is boiling)

Sorry for double posting but felt the need to clarify that I’m not trying to patronise or lecture anyone!

Just trying to help, as my experience when I changed from the G27 to the T3PA was quite revealing. My lap times improved and gained a lot of consistency.

However, with that said, braking is still one of my weak points.

Not sure why you would think that. I don’t see anything wrong with anything you have said. Infact you have made me want to have another look at the brake mod 👍. It was just with the F1 games I needed more travel for the braking. Tbf I keep looking at the CSL with the loadcell but it’s just so expensive lol. But just looks so awesome.

Not sure why you would think that. I don’t see anything wrong with anything you have said. Infact you have made me want to have another look at the brake mod 👍. It was just with the F1 games I needed more travel for the braking. Tbf I keep looking at the CSL with the loadcell but it’s just so expensive lol. But just looks so awesome.
Just that I had read myself and I wasn’t sure if I could get misunderstood. That’s the problem with writing, there is no tone!

Yeah, same here. But I just can’t spend much in gaming, because they become outdated soon and to be honest, not even sure if up to a certain level I would make out the difference.

Had a practice last night with the settings as yesterday for the date @15;00 the sun was low and glare in turn one is awesome. The track was cold and the tyres don't heat up properly i struggled to do a lap under 1:40. Really we could do with the soft's I might make a pit strategy for the soft and just pit on lap one lol. I am also struggling to see this race ending well as most corner's only have one line so overtaking is going to be tough.

I didnt like the way the mod felt when i tried it. It just felt like i restricted the brake pedal travel from 100% to 50%.

Ourlton park tomorrow, skinny track should be an interesting race. Look out for the for blue flags :odd:. I could do with some proper practice for this especially after last weeks embarrassing rage quit lol

@Sick Cylinder in post two have this with no mention of date (Conditions - Clear skies and 15:00 real time) by real time do you mean the real date as in tomorrow's date, or do you mean real time progression for the session? If it is the latter what do you set the date to?
Also can we clear this up?

I have amended post 3 (Settings) to clarify that real means real time progression - i.e. the race starts at 15:00 and finishes at 15:30 track time.

We have been using the current date option which makes the scenery attractive as it puts it in Autumn, however if this creates a problem with low sun / glare etc. please let me know and I will set the time to 14:00.

With the next series I will probably set the date to earlier in the year as it would not be realistic to be racing the BMW M1 Pro Car's in the winter - it was a support series to F1 so ran to the same calendar in 1980.

Regarding the reset to track - I will amend posts for Settings and Rules - I don't want people's race to end - it can be used as a last resort.

Last edited:
haha another wasted night i think i will be missing for the new few races. I tried to race on but way was to pissed off. Third week in row a start line pile up! and another stupid penalty another idiot reversing across the track and a loss of points. i would also like to add flaco rear ended me in qualifying at the start wtf dude ther ewas about 4 cars infront of me where was you expecting me to go? I also noticed you are the FLA that ****ed me up last race reversing onto the track! What the **** is the point.

Results from Oulton

oulton GT3.jpg

haha another wasted night i think i will be missing for the new few races. I tried to race on but way was to pissed off. Third week in row a start line pile up! and another stupid penalty another idiot reversing across the track and a loss of points. i would also like to add flaco rear ended me in qualifying at the start wtf dude ther ewas about 4 cars infront of me where was you expecting me to go? I also noticed you are the FLA that ****ed me up last race reversing onto the track! What the **** is the point.

If I was you I wouldn't even think about taking this any further, you do not know me and I guarantee you you wouldn't want to! I would have apologised but certainly not after the way you started this. And starting it was the greater mistake already, because we don't need off topic stuff in here. So shut up, whoever you think you are, you aren't!

If I was you I wouldn't even think about taking this any further, you do not know me and I guarantee you you wouldn't want to! I would have apologised but certainly not after the way you started this. And starting it was the greater mistake already, because we don't need off topic stuff in here. So shut up, whoever you think you are, you aren't!

How is it off topic? it happened in last night’s race and last week’s race. What is the point of taking it further I have said what I wanted. Nothing will change what happened and nothing will get done about it. And I don’t play these childish games of do you know who I am!. I don’t really care who you are. You’re just a name on forum and someone I race with. If I wanted to get bumped into in qualifying took out at turn one and have to avoid road blocks I would join random lobby’s.

Rules

We will be following the Online Racing Rules (OLR) as published on GT Planet. Please read and comply with these - click on link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Key Things
This is a hobby and we do this for fun, including me!
If you make a mistake and gain an advantage - give the place back.
If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars (Note reset to track is not allowed and is considered cheating - if you are struggling to stay on track slow down to an appropriate pace).
If you get upset - don't retaliate.
If you get upset - quit the race and calm down.

If you need to complain about someone's driving wait until the next day then send a private message via GT Planet to Sick Cylinder - DO NOT complain about other drivers on this thread or any other public forum.
DO NOT send text messages during qualifying or the race - they are very distracting - wait until after the meeting.
Microphones should be muted during qualifying and the race. Please refrain from any foul language (NB some people may be racing in the presence of their wives and children)

Penalties
I like to keep things simple - if a penalty needs to be given a driver may have their result altered. If it was a serious offence they may be excluded from the results.
Serious and / or repeated offences may result in a temporary suspension or permanent ban.
Here, this is why! So shut up and do it the right way in the future!

Guys please understand that race position is not decided on first lap ( or even first lap corner) . so please be more carefull on first laps of the race. Give space to opponents and try to avoid all unnecessary touches with them.If you see some chrasing in front then push the brakes and if needed stop at all if all track is blocked by cars which were involved into accident and not go like kamikaze and hope that everything will be ok... and also If you lose 2-3 possitions at the start, you can easily get them back if you have a pace.

So that was some intense racing as @IBZ6L20VT aplied good pressure in the beginning, i tried to extend the gap and in lap 6 or 7 it went wrong.

The key with this car is you have to dance with it, like a woman, but when you step on her toes she is going to plant her fist right to your nose.
And there you are bleeding, sweating and crying in the gravel :D

Luckily for me @IBZ6L20VT also stepped on the toes of his dancing partner right at the same location.

The event from my point of view :
Qualy :

Race :

TV Broadcast :

We all need too look at the race length, 30 mins and try reduce these incidents. I have been taken out couple of times before, this when we were racing Classic Lotus. They don't drive on 3 wheels.

I had fairly good race, love Oulton Park, really excellent track, but needs too be given respect, narrow and tight. I made a couple of mistakes at Druids, locking up brakes, going off in to gravel. Sick got past me then, but trying too chase him down. Then the leaders, were wanting by, so had too make space for them. Spun out at Dears Leap, on the last lap, so was try to hard.

R ember everyone race is 30 mins, it isn't won on the first turn.

Here's a funny story by Blaster Bates, of how Knicker Brook got its name.

So that was some intense racing as @IBZ6L20VT aplied good pressure in the beginning, i tried to extend the gap and in lap 6 or 7 it went wrong.

The key with this car is you have to dance with it, like a woman, but when you step on her toes she is going to plant her fist right to your nose.
And there you are bleeding, sweating and crying in the gravel :D

Luckily for me @IBZ6L20VT also stepped on the toes of his dancing partner right at the same location.

The event from my point of view :
Qualy :

Race :

TV Broadcast :

Very good racing indeed.

It pays off that it’s my local track and I have a few laps done IRL. That gave me the confidence to push harder and being closer to @Friday_GTRP.

We both failed at Lodge corner. As you rightly pointed out, you need to dance with the car and it’s a delicate balance. The braking for lodge is quite unbalanced due to how bumpy the track is there. IRL, the section of Druids and the Lodge and Deer leap section have far less grip than the rest of the track due to the overhanging trees. Don’t know if SMS modelled that in game.

Trying to shorten the gap or increase it when I was in first place, leaded to good sectors mixed with minor mistakes. In the end, fair result. You were overall faster, as usual.

Here, this is why! So shut up and do it the right way in the future!
haha i guess you missed the 3rd key thing from your rules in the quote. "If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars" you might also want to check the rules 14 & 15 about track re-entry. But at least my mistake did not mess up your race 👍

haha i guess you missed the 3rd key thing from your rules in the quote. "If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars" you might also want to check the rules 14 & 15 about track re-entry. But at least my mistake did not mess up your race 👍
Nah it "only" messes up this thread... 👎👎👎

Looking at the replay I have to remark at @jod08 that he is wrong. There had not been a single contact between him and @Flaco13 in the entire race. I think jod meant @jefaais would be flaco.

Just btw if you are not coincedent with the behaviour of opponents you should contact @Sick Cylinder by pm and not shout it out in public. He or stewards will then take a look at the incidents.

Cheers

I have no problem with @jefaais he msg'd me after the race we are all good. The video was to show the stupid start and how stupid the penalty system is when people don't return to track properly! or even have a moment forcing you to go round them and then you get hit with a return to position penalty. The @flaco incident was last week at hock very similar come round a corner and he was parked across the track like a road block and bang i could not avoid him in time. My car was messed up and i got a return to position penalty then as well. I didn't know who it was at the time and as quit the race last week i had no replay but remembered the 3 letters hense the mention today.

The main thing is the penalty system is stupid and so is the way people are returning to track! lets not drag this out anymore messing up the thread lol.

Note to all Drivers - Oh dear guys! - online racing is supposed to be fun, but it can only be fun if you all treat each other on track and on this forum with respect. A lot of good points have been made in some of the recent posts - so I'll repeat a few. The races are 30 minutes long which should give plenty of time for people to recover from early mishaps and complete some good race laps. The race cannot be won at the start or at the first corner or on the first lap so please take extra care when the cars are tightly bunched. You will sometimes have a bad race and you might have several bad races in a row, but if you stick with it you should get some good races and occasionally an outstanding race.

Please take care when rejoining the track to try not to obstruct oncoming cars - if in doubt wait! It can be difficult to get back on the track cleanly in this game - the grass seems more slippery than in PC1, so oncoming cars need to approach a car that has spun off with caution.

The racing in the room can only be as good as the members of the room allow. This room is supposed to be largely self policing - treat each other with respect, give back places which were not won cleanly etc. This is a hobby and I don't have the time or desire to spend hours poring over replays. I have very little time at the moment for this game so I need to rely on all the members to clean up their act and drive sensibly and respectfully.

When I have more time I will have a look at the incident reporting systems used by some of the bigger, more serious leagues, but I had hoped that we could avoid the formality of those. If people are determined not to race sensibly then the burden on the Host and Stewards can become excessive and is certainly no fun - on GT6 we did run into this problem where we were spending more time reviewing replays and debating rights and wrongs than we actually spent driving - this eventually became intolerable and we were left with no option, but to ban the individuals in order to get back to a sensible room.

Please take care on track and treat each other with respect so we can all get on with enjoying the racing.

Rules are made to follow them!
This is a wake up call for all drivers. Take care of each other and also take care in the first 2 Or 3 corners. We are racing with a lot of people So we need to be carefull and brake on time. Everyone knows when we are at the first cornor So BRAKE!
Lets hope this is not happend anymore! But Every change starts by youre own!

Greetings

If starting under yellow flag will be no rule, so it could be nevertheless seen as an agreement. This would solve the starting situation on any track.
I will be using it personally and avoid overtaking at the start and the first sector. At this point the race begins. If someone think that he has to make a hasard start then I´ll try to keep out of his way and let him pass. If everbody would do so, we could have wonderful races all together instead of ... (like the starts of the past two races)

Wish all of you good races and a lot of excite fun.

I don't know how you did that, but you are very talented Jocke!
Thanks Sick. Appreciated. I learn and experiment every day.
The start of the race at Oulton was pretty unbelievable for me.
It was like 'open sesame' on not one but two occasions in the first
two corners. Cars just scattering all over the place and I slipped right on through.
Couldn't believe it.
*My car is the one in the bottom right corner in that video above.

I had a race long battle with Flaco and it was terrific, we hounded each other
lap after lap and traded positions several times. I was really pleased with my
finishing position and personal best lap time and the Porsche and I are starting to
get along well with each other.

Some more pics from Oulton;
full

Flaco and I
full

full

Back