Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Thanks Sick. Appreciated. I learn and experiment every day.
The start of the race at Oulton was pretty unbelievable for me.
It was like 'open sesame' on not one but two occasions in the first
two corners. Cars just scattering all over the place and I slipped right on through.
Couldn't believe it.
*My car is the one in the bottom right corner in that video above.

I had a race long battle with Flaco and it was terrific, we hounded each other
lap after lap and traded positions several times. I was really pleased with my
finishing position and personal best lap time and the Porsche and I are starting to
get along well with each other.
I was also very lucky to get through there, somehow. I was looking at that start in the replay over and over, and I wouldn't say there's anyone to blame really. It was unfortunate for those involved. Only, three cars side by side trying to approach the first turn, often doesn't turn out good, especially in cockpit view and one monitor, as I assume most of us are equipped with, the overall vision is limited, and arrows or left/right look via buttons don't help that much in the matter of milliseconds (not suggesting we should change the cockpit restriction, though). But would Yellow flag up until a certain point (1st sector was suggested) really be the solution? I mean we should do something, to avoid racers getting p***ed off at each other all the time.

Jocke, the race was great! Nice that you are getting a hold of that car, can't say the same here, unfortunately. I can't brake properly (wich is why I once couldn't come to a stop early enough in Qualyfing) I can't turn properly and especially not countersteer, so I can't move on the limit and "dance" with it. I was tweaking with those settings and now it's somewhat better, I can do faster laptimes now, but everything now feels lifeless because of the settings. It's not just the 911 GT3 though, it's the game as a whole I'm really not happy with it at the moment.

About Hockenheim: I couldn't do anything but reverse because I was facing the wall, I spun and maybe could have done something to point the nose in direction, but Simba couldn't avoid me since he was on my tail and so I ended up nose front in the barrier, I waited for Simba and two more and then was trying to reverse straight into the run-off area on the opposite side, since I didn't hear more cars coming, but I thought it might be safer to get back on track from the run-off because where I was standing before no one could see me because of the barriers and if I had reversed just as much to turn into direction along the wall and head on from there, a crash might aswell have happened because coming from that corner you don't see what's on the left.

Please people don't stop racing, it's a new title and we are many differently skilled people here and with time the racing will become better, I'm with Sick Cylinder since GT5 and it has always been like this when we began on a new game with new physics.

I was also very lucky to get through there, somehow. I was looking at that start in the replay over and over, and I wouldn't say there's anyone to blame really. It was unfortunate for those involved. Only, three cars side by side trying to approach the first turn, often doesn't turn out good, especially in cockpit view and one monitor, as I assume most of us are equipped with, the overall vision is limited, and arrows or left/right look via buttons don't help that much in the matter of milliseconds (not suggesting we should change the cockpit restriction, though). But would Yellow flag up until a certain point (1st sector was suggested) really be the solution? I mean we should do something, to avoid racers getting p***ed off at each other all the time.

Jocke, the race was great! Nice that you are getting a hold of that car, can't say the same here, unfortunately. I can't brake properly (wich is why I once couldn't come to a stop early enough in Qualyfing) I can't turn properly and especially not countersteer, so I can't move on the limit and "dance" with it. I was tweaking with those settings and now it's somewhat better, I can do faster laptimes now, but everything now feels lifeless because of the settings. It's not just the 911 GT3 though, it's the game as a whole I'm really not happy with it at the moment.

About Hockenheim: I couldn't do anything but reverse because I was facing the wall, I spun and maybe could have done something to point the nose in direction, but Simba couldn't avoid me since he was on my tail and so I ended up nose front in the barrier, I waited for Simba and two more and then was trying to reverse straight into the run-off area on the opposite side, since I didn't hear more cars coming, but I thought it might be safer to get back on track from the run-off because where I was standing before no one could see me because of the barriers and if I had reversed just as much to turn into direction along the wall and head on from there, a crash might aswell have happened because coming from that corner you don't see what's on the left.

Please people don't stop racing, it's a new title and we are many differently skilled people here and with time the racing will become better, I'm with Sick Cylinder since GT5 and it has always been like this when we began on a new game with new physics.

I will have a look at the start point as suggested by Flaco and Simba and announce before the race if we are having a no overtaking area at the start - it probably does not need to be as long as the first sector - normally up to and including the first corner is sufficient.

Why are you don't do a formation lap, like it was in GT6 WRS races? It helps a lot to prevent accidents in the first corner.

My opinion.
I thought about very long tracks as Nordschleife or others sometimes a whole lap is too long when I considered the first sector timetaking as start of the race.
The formation lap that is offered in the game is difficult, because there are penalties for every little bumping or getting off the track you can even be disqualified for minor mistakes. Not talking about AI behaviour this is even worse.

As you said, there is no problem with long track, becauce race can be started from 1 sector, one of the corners and etc. Simply there had +1 lap (egz. 30+1=31 lap). You have 30 min. race, so you can do egz. 32 min. race (2 min. for formation lap).
Grid start can be fun, but it is tricky (as we see :) ). Grid start we usualy had with slow cars, becauce it is less dangerous.

BTW, I want to join this race, if somebody will quit. Was thinking about to buy GTS (I was GT fan from GT1), but after few months with PC1 and GTS demo, refused GTS and just have ordered PC2.

So that was some intense racing as @IBZ6L20VT aplied good pressure in the beginning, i tried to extend the gap and in lap 6 or 7 it went wrong.

The key with this car is you have to dance with it, like a woman, but when you step on her toes she is going to plant her fist right to your nose.
And there you are bleeding, sweating and crying in the gravel :D

Luckily for me @IBZ6L20VT also stepped on the toes of his dancing partner right at the same location.

The event from my point of view :
Qualy :

Race :

TV Broadcast :

Why while watching TV cam mode replay, leaderboard shows start order, not current? it is difficult to understand what is going on :(
Bug? Replay settings?

Why while watching TV cam mode replay, leaderboard shows start order, not current? it is difficult to understand what is going on :(
Bug? Replay settings?

Hey, yes it's happening when watching replay , these are qualifying results. That tricks me also ! :)

Last edited:
So it's almost November , summer tire season is almost over, had a great first summer with this toy, glad that there is running GT3 championship, so i can still enjoy this beast during autum/winter.

handling and physics on Pcars2 are really great, feels similar to real life porsche, engine in the back is what keeps this cur fun and enjoyable to drive.

few pictures below of my GT3 997.1 ( best street sport car IMO ) :)

IMG_6363.JPG
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_6362.JPG

So it's almost November , summer tire season is almost over, had a great first summer with this toy, glad that there is running GT3 championship, so i can still enjoy this beast during autum/winter.

handling and physics on Pcars2 are really great, feels similar to real life porsche, engine in the back is what keeps this cur fun and enjoyable to drive.

few pictures below of my GT3 997.1 ( best street sport car IMO ) :)

View attachment 683561 View attachment 683558 View attachment 683557

Come on mate. She deserves to be driven on winter!

I rented a ramp last Saturday to get the underneath ready. :D

89E4C3BC-2A89-4C73-B95F-78344ECCBFDB.jpeg

Although she’ll be driven something like 100 miles during the winter, tops.

Good race everyone, I couldn't save too:boggled: Rich , we were quite close, at the start, then made a mistake, so you able to get away.

I don't mind the track, have to keep a good rhythm, though. Did you have problem with wheel Sick?

Last edited:
Car was weird and I couldn´t save replay. Strange evening
I couldn't save too
The car felt just like at Oulton Park for me, but that can be explained in that I keep all the settings at default. So it's the same wherever I go. I had a nice race, looked to be a clean getaway for everyone at the start.

The only problems I experienced was that it lagged at one time and the car overshot a corner, my livery was incorrect for the second week running and the graphics showed me with an Irish flag. Last I checked I'm not Irish. :lol:

Towards the end I wished the race would have been a bit longer. I was getting more and more comfortable.

By the way, nice car @Dimse91.

PS I think I was able to save the replay actually.

Great race everyone, beggining was good for me, but in the end i don't know what happened and i started to lose my focus ,pand made lots of mistake.

For the replay, when i tried to save it, it was written " the file is more than 1GB, so can not save it ", so i guess long races replays can not be saved ?

@JockeP22 We are all running stock setups. In fact, tires are most times out of optimal temperatures or pressures, making the car trickier to drive.

Thanks for posting the results @AndreasR . They make a good summary of my race yesterday. I was never really comfortable on the track and decided to run a slow but steady race. I knew that if I tried to run close to qualifying times I would spin at some point. There were some other faster guys as @Dimse91 who put a lot of pressure on me during the race.

I wonder what happened to @U4IK ST8

Good race everyone!

Yeah you have to clear your videos from time to time.
Was a great race and saw no incidents watching the replays 👍

Though again i had the feeling something was out of the ordinary between our practice session where i could run a 1:37,7 and in sick's room quali 1:38,8 and race 1:39,0 somehow i didn't had the confidence in the car like i had in the practice session.

Again the race from my point of view :

Qualy :

Race :

TV Broadcast :

My bad @JockeP22. I thought you were talking about car setup.

I can share my T300 FFB setup if you want. It feels great and consistent now.

@Friday_GTRP practice session was set in summer IIRC. Track temperature was probably higher, which would explain the difference in times/overall feeling.

By the way, I had a really rough time trying to set a decent time on qualifying as the Sun was blinding me on some of the corners.

My bad @JockeP22. I thought you were talking about car setup.

I can share my T300 FFB setup if you want. It feels great and consistent now.

@Friday_GTRP practice session was set in summer IIRC. Track temperature was probably higher, which would explain the difference in times/overall feeling.

By the way, I had a really rough time trying to set a decent time on qualifying as the Sun was blinding me on some of the corners.

maybe someone got G29 setup ? :) or maybe T300 is similar ?

HAHA i had a problem free evening 👍. I cannot believe I got the tracks mixed up, it was totally new to me. I am glad it was not too technical like Zolder was lol. This car is so funny and I find there is two ways to drive it. One is on the on the edge counter steering like a mad man every corner while mashing the throttle. The other is slow, clam & precise anything in the middle and the car seems to catch me out. Its very unforgiving and very tricky to drive on the coldish tyres with the default setup. I had two offs from pushing a bit to hard to catch up. Tbf the race was like a time trial for me where everyone on my mini map was just lapping at their own pace. Two things that stud out in that race for me was how amazingly clean the start was and that @John Wells is excellent with the blue flags he gave me loads of space and gave up the apex too 👍

Back