Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

And they're probably worth quite a bit of money too.

I was going to ask what the one on the right was (since it's harder to make out) then I realised there was quite a big clue in the number. :)

Now if I could go around corners at the same speed as them in PC2 I'd be doing ok!

View attachment 829249

Little did I know 30 years ago that today these cars would be legendary and that I would love them so much.
(Scavenging my boyhood bedroom)
Love the cars Tav,I'm still a big scalextric fan now!Was my favourite toy as a kid by miles!!!To this day, at some point over the Christmas holidays, we'll have a family party at our house and I'll set the scalextric up and the men folk will disappear for a couple of hours of tournament racing complete with trophy and champagne followed by lots of food and heavy drinking!!!!Its one of my favourite nights of the year!!!

I had a train set. There's not much in the way of tournament racing and trophies with that. I did used to get the odd exciting derailment.

@Sick Cylinder I'm not 100% sure I'll make it either. I did my back in yesterday and after a painful start today it is easing off somewhat now. So I'll see how the rest off the day progresses. But if I'm not around, that's why.

Results from Algarve

Algarve WED.jpg

Ah the Toyota this week. Hopefully that's a bit easier. And it has a roof too for when it rains.

Can I suggest that those moving over to the BMW that they at least try out the stable setup. It's a very wayward car and does like to swap ends when braking. Stable helps. But not entirely!
It's fast on the straights though.

I found reducing brake pressure helped to tame it a little, but of course that option is locked out. So it's all down to your foot control. Or finger where appropriate.:)

Ah the Toyota this week. Hopefully that's a bit easier. And it has a roof too for when it rains.

Might find some under-steer Paul, like I found with the Bentley. Tried Audi found view much better to see where I'm going.👍

Tav, this is a massively delayed reply but I just wanted to thank you for your post on setups! I’m still digesting it all and trying to learn from it. But thanks for taking the time to write it all out for me...the diagram is great! I have it printed out now lol!

I still get confused when people say things like ‘adjust the brake balance if you feel the fronts lock up first’ etc. because in the game I have no feel for which end is doing which haha!

Anyways the post was awesome and I’m massively grateful. Thank you!

Just a quick note to remind you all that this weekend (29th-30th June) is the "Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix. I will be at Brands on the Saturday (weather permitting) and would love to meet up with any of you.

If you are going look for a white bearded gent wearing a number 52 James Toseland hat - if spotted, just ask "Are you Sick?"

I probably won't go on Sunday as I've been trying to limit my race attendance time for family reasons.

Personal favourites are the pre-1961 F1 cars fielded by HGPCA members and the Formula 5000 cars in the XL Aurora Trophy, but there are also many other categories racing.

@ShaunyB @rj5992 + all members of GT Planet.

Nice, Cupra R, and in yellow too. Ace. I always fancied one of those in that colour.

The location works well.

Technical question. Why is it I can see a refection of the lights near the ground? Is it to do with the lens (or filter)?

I'm sorry I'm not there Sick! Weather just looked a little too toasty for my liking to be sat around baking at Brands. Decided to go out on the bike instead this morning. Set off at 8 and got 90 miles in on a loop from mine to Tunbridge Wells, cracking scenery, weather and roads.

Back