Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Excellent weekend at Knockhill, really good facility's like Oulton Park, but on a smaller scale.
Very close to track, lovely views over the Forth, with all the bridges when it was clear. Best sounding bikes, Moto 3, R1s, Pan V4s and flame spiting sidecars.

Didn't get any photo, took camera, was red hot on Friday, so had factor 50 on. Saturday sun to start, then in afternoon, thunder and lighting heavy rain, which stopped racing. Sunday dull strong wind, sunny on way home. You are quite exposed, no trees, some shelters, reminded me of Donington Park with bowl shape and elevation changes. Main BSB races were 28 laps, which really great.

Its a long way to go but recomend too go, so close to action, easy walk around was packed on Sunday.:D:tup:

I don't think we've ever used Knockhill in PC2? While it probably wouldn't suit the cars in our current series it's quite an exciting short track for lesser powered beasts. Fairly easy to learn but hard to master.

Its a long way to go but recomend too go,
Google maps says that peddling non stop it would take me about 27 hours to get there on my bicycle. And I don't think that's made any allowances for hills! I'd better fill my water bottle up. :P

I don't think we've ever used Knockhill in PC2? While it probably wouldn't suit the cars in our current series it's quite an exciting short track for lesser powered beasts. Fairly easy to learn but hard to master.

No we haven't, would have been good in the Ginetta Juniors. What are the plans for the next series @Sick Cylinder ? They'll probably be my last for a while as my second pup is due is November and I remember how incompatible newborns and scheduled PS4 time are!

(Knockhill) would have been good in the Ginetta Juniors
Ah yes of coarse, they would have been ideal.

The BTCC guys race there and they aren't short of a few horse power. Amazing watching them skip over the kerbs.

my second pup is due is November
Oh congratulations. :cheers:
Let's hope you can pop into the races on occasions.

(Also in November my PS Plus runs out, still don't know if I'll renew straight away.)

Results from Fuji

Fuji GP WED.jpg

Yes, and found some pretty decent locations in the dodgiest areas!

Coming to Modern Classics mag in the next few months

View attachment 831788

I completely missed this. Apologies.

I used to be know as David Cupra back in the day...

An Ibiza Cupra was the first car I owned. It was the only car I bought from new, and also the only car I kept for longer than two years as I kept it for ten years (although now I have another car which I owned for almost seven years)

I took the Ibiza to the Nurburgring a few times and some other tracks, and travelled all across Europe with it. It still stands as the car I set my current top speed with:155mph (260km/h) in an Autobahn (it was slightly modified...).

It is a car I will never forget.

Wed LMP900 Round 10 Zuhai.jpg

The next round (on 17th July) will be at Dubai GP - simulated 24 hours, but I will be unable to host due to traveling (probably not back in time) so an alternative Host will be needed - perhaps @John Wells or @IfAndOr ?

I will post the settings later for the Host to use.

Note the Special Event scheduled for Wednesday 24th July will be delayed until 2020. Wednesday 24th July will now be a rest day - new championship will start the week after.

Sorry Andrea to see you lost victory in the last corner due to onthers ignored blue flags.

Sorry if was me, but I did move to the left, their were quite a few cars going over the line at finish. I don't have a mirror, to look back, blue flag comes up, know going to be passed and flash lights.

Enjoyed the race even though can get a bit under steer.

Interesting track Zhuhai, I've never raced there before. Perhaps just a little flat with too many slow corners for my liking, but not so bad.

John Wells
What happened to car Paul ?
Easier to reply on here John than on PS messages. ;)

The car was fine it was the driver. :dopey:
No way was I catching the front 2 and then Joe easily caught and passed me so then I was just circulating by myself. I hit my 20 minute barrier and got a bit bored, lost concentration so slowed down eventually pulling over before the finish line waiting for the leaders to pass. Where a lot of cars went past at the same time!

I wish there was some sort of handicap / balance of power system that was built in or that we could devise that would allow us all to race fairly closely for the 30 minutes. We do often get a bit strung out around the track. Particularly in these faster cars. GT's boost mode would come in handy at times. :)
(I suppose shorter (2 or 3 x 20 min?) races (1 make?) would help but that would require a change of format.)

I don't have a mirror, to look back
Why no mirror John? I do have a stripped down HUD without a mirror but during the races I usually run with a more complete version that includes the virtual mirror. I generally have the in car mirrors deactivated so I need it.

I will be unable to host due to traveling
I'm sure one of us can step in Sick. Of coarse if you'll miss driving that BMW so much we could always postpone it. :sly: (Use stable!)

Why no mirror John? I do have a stripped down HUD without a mirror but during the races I usually run with a more complete version that includes the virtual mirror. I generally have the in car mirrors deactivated so I need it.

Don't like the look of the mirror, Paul, never really the feel for it. I look back though, sometimes, just make sure. When was watching replay thought your engine had gone, so limping round.:embarrassed:

Found these cars if rush, will have mistakes, had some during the race, then once got my rhythm, was easier to drive. Adjusting the brake pressure, works Sick, try sable too.

Back